Thread
Printable Version

Terminator: T.S.C.C General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Friday - your being nice to people.  i'll wait 2 than to start discussing (already catch up on all air episodes )  
there is one glaring mistake they made in episode 1. i'll wait to vent on friday.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Breaking the cardinal rule!!!!!

ok i'll start the discussion off with my major complaint.  The huge mistake!!!!!  what's with the head making it through the time travel orb?!?!?!  Cameron just got done explaining that nothing inorganic can go through time, so what do they do to start off episode 2?? They break that rule by sending a skinless terminator head through time.  I caught this as soon as i saw the man picking up the head and i hope they either explain it very soon with a great explaination or admit to themselves they made a MAJOR mistake and don't do it a again.  The terminator lore is pretty much set in stone and those of us who are fans will pick up on this mistakes.  i understand the show wants to make their mark in the Terminator franchise but hopefully they won't do so by re-writing the lore.

ok so after i finished writing down my rant i found this:

Please be assured that I am VERY familiar with the rules of time travel as explained by Kyle Reese in the first movie. When Cromartie’s head goes through the time bubble, THERE IS FLESH ON IT. If you can’t see it, that’s because a) it’s burning off very quickly and b) certain people don’t like it when we show burning flesh, cyborg or not.

(Historical note: The first person to ask me this head/bubble question was Jared in Props--a year ago while we were shooting the pilot.)

Exerp was taken from the Producer's Blog, Written by Josh Friedman, Creator/Executive Producer

So the producers have done what i asked and thank you very much to them!!now i can pertisapate in the discussion like a normal person. can't wait for the next episode

Reply 7#7 bala's post

yeh i totally understod why they did it, what was bugging me was the how.
the growing the skin back over the metal skeleton was gross.  he so looked like he was made out of silly-puddy when he emerged from the bathtub.

Reply 9#9 casper27's post

i went in blind as well and laughed   when she said the famous line "Come with me if you want to live".  I must admit i finally got suspicious  when she got shot, being a TV show not a movie something clicked in my head at that scene.

Reply 12#12 casper27's post

sounds great. i'm always up for a quiz.  plus it may bring more people into the discussion

i love where their going with "The Stranger" story line.

a piece of trivia regarding character names:

1) The Character "Cameron" is a tribute to James Cameron, who directed the first two Terminator movies.
2) FBI agent Ellison is named after Harlan Ellison, the science fiction author whose work inspired the Terminator movies.

Reply 19#19 shinny's post

i think it had to do with the theme of grief for that episode.  she had no qualms   with killing humans but it seemed that after learning about grief she seemed to have emotions over killing one of her own kind.  also later on i think they'll use the chip, maybe hack into it to learn more about what the machines are up to in 2007 or to find another way to kill them.

Reply 25#25 shinny's post

i think reese is suspicious of her because all the other terminators (from the movies) were bad and had to be captured then re-programed.  in the 3rd movie the T800 (arney) had killed john in the future and was sent back re-programed by his wife to save them.  
cameron has been very short on answers regarding if the future soldiers would recognize her.  so  i think it has to do with something that happened in the future before she was turned by the resistance.

Reply 29#29 shinny's post

You though Reece looked confused?  i thought it was more an utter sadness.  because i think your right about her evolving and he see's it too.  he's seen the human race fall to the machines and worries about the connors who seem to trust the "good" terminates and form bonds with them.   she is the most advanced termonator in the way that she doesn't just mimic humans on the outside, she seems to actually have and emotional range.  
i wish he would have said more about him knowing her from the future!!
love the irony with Silberman but have a problem with the contranewity keeping up with the 3rd movie.  but all and all he so deserves it for how he treated her from the previous movies.  love they kept his character and that he's now a "believer".

ok - so i got bored and thought i'd re-watch season 1 before season 2 starts and i just found out i missed a whole episode!! i have know idea how but i completely missed ep 6.  and it was brilliant - great way to introduce derek and give us a sneak peak at his life in the future.  my main question is what did they do to him in the basement??? so curious about that - hopefully they'll tell in the new season and we'll see more into his past / john's future and see more of kyle.

can't wait the promo's look amazing!! in one though it looks like cameron goes bad..... i wonder if they're gonna flip the switch on her?  also if sara's ex gonna be around more?  i hope so, i like the dynamic he brings making her see a bit more regular with wants & needs for her self not just john's future.

totally am - now that they actually have a show past the 1st season the story lines will evolve.  and it looks like the cast is growing as well.  i just hope they don't add to many people so you get lost in all the storylines.

derek told john he know's kyle was his father just by looking at him for a b-day present, john & sara figured out the guy derek killed in the alley wasn't the head guy who was selling the turk, that guy set the bomb that exploded the jeep with cameron in it.

that's about it.

Reply 85#85 bala's post

The sarah story line is a bit out there at the moment.  
we found out that riley is from the future a couple of episodes ago.  
and what's up with the Ellison character.  at first i thought he was working for the company to stop them but now he's teaching the ai and stealing the terminator's body for them, i just don't understand where they're taking that story line.  

omg they killed derek! very surprising and final.  it took me off gaurd, john didn't even get to say goodbye.  it was just one shot to the head - bang that's it.  WOW.

great episode!  but the wy their killing off characters i'm not sure if they even think they'll get renewed!  and who called the cops on Sarah?  i guess it had to be catherine?!?!  can't wait to see what happens next week.

Thread