Thread
Printable Version

Desperate Housewives Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

here me thinking you deleted it

Reply #10 bala's post

I would not delete someone's post just because I disagree with their opinion. I like to keep things relevant and non redundant so if there's a previously existing thread that I feel will merge well with someones post I will do just that and merge them. I hope you understand and see the logic in this.
   It only takes a minute to change your life... | PAUSE |   

yes i understand the logic jane

I think we should keep it simple and lay off the harsh words here...
- KiKi -

E5caping Pr|5on Wa5 Ju5t The Beginning... E5caping The Country I5 Now The Priority...
-- PB ManHunt --

yes i'm with you on that point!!!

season 4 discussion

how re you finding season 4???

I like it!  I love all of the mystery and story lines that Katherine brings to the show!  Her daughter is a little annoying, but Dana Delany is perfect as Katherine.  Also you know that Victor isn't dead in the ocean - but seeing him come back should be interesting!  
The only new story line I could do without is of Bob and Lee, not because they brought in a gay couple, but because they are not using them very well.  Hopefully the Chicago storyline will help to make them more interesting.  
They are even making Orson more enjoyable to watch, the scene with him on the scooter was perfect!
Recent Ratings

Reply #2 bms102581's post

I agree, I'm enjoying this new season much more than I thought I would.  I thought that they played out the Edie cliffhanger brilliantly, to pretend to hang yourself only to be saved in the nick of time, genius.

I cant believe that Bree & Orson got away with the fake pregnancy, I'm sure that will come back and bite them on the bum before the season is out.

I agree that Victor is not dead, he'll come back like some spectre just when they think everything is ok.

I'm intrigued to find out more about Katherine and her family.  What happened in Chicago and what happened in that room all those years ago?  I cant wait for Dillon to find the note the aunt left before she died.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Reply #1 xxjujuxx's post

I am liking the new season I like Gabby and Carlos together. but the fact that Victor wants to be with her  and loves her so much is a bit off especially after what she heard between him and his father after the wedding about the latino vote.Bree is officially a nut. lol. Faking a pregnancy. I think Edie's nephew will return to get Julie back and discover there is a new baby over at the Van de Kamp-Hodge house and start to ask questions. The new wife on the street is a bit crazy i cant wait to find out her secret involving her "daughter" Dillon andwhy she really left in the first place. Wheres Zack?
prepare for the worse hope for the best

It should pick up its pace soon. Eva's acting last night was just horrendous.

Actually I wouldn't say Eva's acting was bad last night but instead it was her character Gabby's bad acting throughout the evening.  It will be interesting to see what Victor does now that he remembers everything from the boating "accident."  Do you think he will just try to kill them both, or torture them in some other way?  
I'm getting a little annoyed with Mike's drug addiction and the story line.  But I really like how Bree is getting along with her grown son.  It's nice to see that he is starting to grow up and take some responsibility for himself.  I also think it is making Bree's character much more likable and realistic to openly discuss her flaws and to work on them.

I am going to kill myself if I see Carlos put his hands in his pockets again. I swear.
I thought Victor was going to die, did the writers change the script?

Poor Edie is getting less screen time. Susan is beginning to annoy me. I like what they did to Andrew - it's about time he grew up!

And who is the girl stalking Adam? Maybe an ex-gf?

Reply 7#7 SirAlain's post

Please SirAlan, dont kill yourself, you can guarantee Carlos has a lot more hands in pockets scenes and we'd miss you around here.

You just knew Victor was gonna be ok, I'm sure the things he has planned for Gabby and Carlos will be excruitiating and maybe funny!  

I agree that its nice to see a more "normal" side to Bree, I'm glad her and Andrew seem t have buried their demons.

I do wish they hadnt given Mike this particular storyline, I dont see the need for it.  It would have been nice for him and Susan to have a longer period of happiness but it looks once again that Susans prophecy about things not working out for them is coming true.

It would have been better that he realised that it was Orson who ran him over but thats a whole other can of worms.

Reply 8#8 trulee's post

Yes, I was just going to say that! Whatever happened to that particular storyline?
Was it even explained why Orson ran Mike over? After Mike regained his memory, the tension between the two seemed to have faded ...

Reply 9#9 SirAlain's post

If my memory serves me, Orson ran over Mike who he'd framed for Moniques murder (with the wrench).  It did seem that Mike was piecing things together then didnt Orson  go over a wall.  I'm  bit fuzzy with the details.

Reply 10#10 trulee's post

Oh yes, I remember now. So Mike just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
What about in the hospital rooftop (?) - they were beating the hell out of each other, but Orson got away. I forgot what that was all about.

Loved the episode tonight. It was very suspenseful. Lynette's howl tonight made the hair on the back of my neck stand!

So who do you think are the husband and friend that Mary Alice was referring to in the beginning of the episode?  I think Victor is the husband, but I'm not sure on the friend.  I'm thinking either Ida (the cat lady) or maybe even Carlos?  I can't imagine they would kill of the entire Scavo family in one episode, but wow that would be a big story!!  
Mike's drug problems is continuing to get more annoying, and how stupid of Susan to accept pain killers right in front of him.  And then be surprised when he (a drug addict going through withdrawals) to try to get some from her!
Also the scene with Adam's ex-patient/mistress getting pulled out the door was hilarious!  Could she not hear the tornado around her?

Reply 13#13 bms102581's post

I am really baffled as to who is the "husband" and who is the "friend". I'm not even sure if it's the same person or two different persons!
I think that by "burying" the Scavo family, then we would feel Lynette's pain and make the show more shocking. I do hope that they're ok - or else I'll die. lol!
The Mike & Susan storyline is just annoying. And Adam or Orson should have kicked the door open and beat the crap out of that pathetic stalker. She so deserved what happened to her.
I LOVE the special effects for this epsiode. Very nice!

Reply 14#14 SirAlain's post

I have to agree with you SirAlan, the special effects were awesome.  To see the devastation in the street and Lynettes howl - WOW.

I think that the husband is Victor (hard to see him recovering from that piece of fencing through his chest) as for the friend hmmm.  It could be Carlos, or it could be  the stalker Sylvia, she was described by Mary-Alice as being an old friend.  Seeing as though she went up in the tornado like Dorothys house in the Wizard of Oz, I think its safe to say thats the last we'll see of her.  Pity, would have liked to know more about what happened in Chicago.  Having said that, the husband could be Tom as he was barely able to breath thanks to the cat and those poor kids.  Please let them be ok I dont know what it will do to Lynette, I dont think she could come back form that.

Gosh I just cant think. Mary-Alice said they would ALL lose a friend.  Its driving me MAAAD. It was a good episode.

Thread