Thread
Printable Version

Knight Rider Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

They HAVE ruined it, the production is so crap I quit watching the show 10 minutes into the pilot. I hate it.

Reply 101#101 J708's post

wow i still like it's bit corny is part but as die hard knight fan i won't stop watching it.

how have they ruined it

Reply 103#103 spratt89's post

• Transformation -Old knight rider KITT didn't have this more interesting since he hide using his original car
  • Too much CGI ,old knight rider uses stunts to do it more interesting and could appeciate it
  • The driver was on his own, no team more difficult complete the missions- new one needs team
  • The actor was older and more experience-new driver look like young teenager joyrider
  • More emphasis on story-telling rather special effects
  • No conspiracy story-line behind micheal character

Well i think that it might be true, but you cant exactly make it the same way as before, because that would make it rubbish

Reply 105#105 spratt89's post

exactly, too much CGI, and seems like it was filmed by a bunch of teenagers who just got hold of a camera. You will know what i mean when u see the pilot, one of the scenes in the beginning where he is running out of the building thru a stair case. It BAD. Really BAD.

Reply 106#106 J708's post

i actually like that bit because we saw new turbo boost

what i hate most amount transformation KITT does in every episode-why can't they 1 episode KITT doesn't transform into anything?.

Attack-mode is a bit too much

the whole thing is a bit tooo much.

Reply 108#108 J708's post

Have you stop watch it?

Reply 109#109 bala's post

yes i have. And the first 10-15 of the pilot was enuf for me to hit shift+delete.

Reply 110#110 J708's post

Well I'm going watch it until it's ended

Reply 111#111 bala's post

do the right thing bala.

Reply 112#112 J708's post

come on if i can watch 4 episode without giving up so can you?

try to watch last episode ?

Reply 113#113 bala's post

Not possible,as I already have 6 hours worth of watching queued up with my other shows. i quit watching My Name Is Earl last week cause it didn't do it for me anymore. Im all about quality and more than happy to giving the axe to any show if it doesn't live up to my expectations.

Reply 114#114 J708's post

i respect that i need start cut down but i defiantly cutting crash and I'm waiting to see which new show get cancelled that reduce my shows as well. my whole Sunday is me catch up 6 shows   . i used  remember my Sunday just being relaxing day  

Reply 115#115 bala's post

haha, yeah its sunday and monday for me. and friday ofcourse, cause we got the office

Episode 6

What a fantastic episode

Reply 117#117 spratt89's post

i know it was really good,  KITT question back door programming and auto-self-destruct  and look on their face was priceless but wow K.A.R.R is a cyborg . i can't wait to see that . This actual was best episode so far

NBC to reboot 'Knight Rider'

NBC will completely overhaul its Knight Rider continuation.

The show, recently granted a season order by NBC, will drop three of its cast regulars - Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Yancey Arias and Bruce Davison - and draw more parallels with its '80s predecessor.

Showrunner Gary Scott Thompson told The Hollywood Reporter: "It's a reboot. We're moving away from the terrorist-of-the-week formula and closer to the original, making it a show about a man and his car going out and helping more regular people, everymen."

The rejigged Knight Rider will debut as a two-parter in January, with the first part slated to air after a Sunday night NFL match and the second on the following Wednesday.

The show will not add any new cast regulars, instead focusing on the characters of Mike (Justin Bruening), Sarah (Deanna Russo), Billy (Paul Campbell), Zoe (Smith Cho) and KITT.

Reply 119#119 spratt89's post

this is good news

Thread