23 12
Thread
Printable Version

Torchwood General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I'm a bit confused....is Jack gay?  Or bi or something??
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Okay.  He just likes for likes sake....regardless or everything else.     I missed the tree lady thanks for the reminder.

I'm watching and trying really hard to not read ahead, but does/did anyone feel the "doctor" should have been involved?  It seemed like the thing for him and torchwood to do together.  Plus he's never crossed over and "most" shows have cross overs or something like it.

something i don't understand is why it had to be a grouping of episodes.  Why not a season like before.

I thought it was a great season opening, but quite frankly I liked british TV because it doesn't have all the blowing up.    Still a good start.  

If i was Gwen, I would advise those men not to point a gun at my baby.  

the reporter was very unprofessional and highly judgemental.  I really didnt' like him.

Yes the Banter is off Woothdye.  It's heavy with something but it's not fun.

Reply 26#26 bala's post

Rex is a Jerk.  I'm really not liking him, but I am loving Ester!

Reply 28#28 sanggye's post

the masks are really creepy.  Ehh...   rex doesn't know how to listen to others.  It's something really weird going on and instead of listening to the people who "specialize" in weird he's all "guns a blazin".  very american...and i'm american.  Annoying.

I agree.  There is an alien thing and they hooked up with the Pharmisutical CEO and now they are taking over.

Anyone else hope to see the Doctor show up??  This is soooo up his alley....    it would be great...

escape to LA

I liked this episode.  They didn't even realize there was anyone following them.

The mayor being killed was sad.  She was a great asset.

Rex is so annoying and I really don't like him.  He's a jerk.  Blaming Esther for seeing her sister, when he went to see his father.  Wow he's cut from the same crop though. Both crazy.  I dont' like him.  He shot the assasin before the bad guy could spill his guts.  What a smuck.

The assassin was right. The miracle did a number on his work. HA  He's out of business for sure.

The hospitals overflowing and trying to come up with another alternative was creative using the unused hospital. Kinda sad though, all those people dumped unceremoniously.

what a horrible horrible way to almost die!   She shouldn't have pushed him and the military guy was just as bad.

Rex is going to go beserk.

Gwen is going to go GI Jane to get her father...

I loved gwen on the motorcycle saying, "i don't care if the rest of the world bends over and takes it like a dog, I'm saying NO".   HAHAHAHAHAH  freakin brilliant.

This was by far one of the better episodes.  I'm glad they've finally moved on to the "bigger picture".  And Rex wasn't nearly as annoying this episode.

The problem I have with this season, it's a big "?" looming over the horizon but it's not really alien or outerspace, or anything like the previous torchwood deals......Not sure how I feel about that yet..

Reply 51#51 sanggye's post

yeah and every episode was an encounter of some sort.  This is just hunt and find which is fine, but I'm not sure I'm sold on it yet for the torchwood group.

Reply 58#58 sanggye's post

I was really glad they made a doctor/companion reference.  Well done.

Killing jack over and over was both disturbing and sickening.  They call themselves christians.  Ludicris!!  

Had I had an "angelo" character and he stood there watching these people killing me over and over, I would have gone postal on him.  Not to mention I might have killed him dead.  Angelo being behind the miracle or something there-too is a good twist, but he's got to be like 90 pushing it.  What an Interesting meeting they will have.

I very seriously doubt it.  Rose made a wish and that's how Jack got to be that way.  Angelo wouldn't have that, opportunity.

Yes she was the companion in 2005.  For about 3 seasons...

Reply 64#64 sanggye's post

I wasn't going to get into all that detail, but YEP!  Absolutely.  

Reply 66#66 sanggye's post

I gotta say Rose is my favorite, and Freema was my least.  Pond is kinda in the middle.  I like that Rory was added.  it helps keep her from being slapable...

Reply 72#72 codebreaker's post

The episode was good.  Gwen pitching a fit, her mom telling her to go kick butt and everyone teaming together was great.  Ester, SHUT UP!!!  You just haddddd to say something didn't you.  Either you trust Jack or you don't.  After spilling the beans when he said, Shush! I wouldn't have trusted her.  

We have 2 episodes, but honestly I still have NOOOO idea what Oswald Danes' purpose was to the show. None at all.  Loved Jilly getting hit and going all postal on him.

The alien Tech seems like a given, but the 3 families seems..hmmm.  Not sure but I doubt it will be wrapped up pretty in 2 episodes. We seem to always have more questions and less answers each episode.  They really *HAVE to keep splitting up the team.  REALLY!!!  grrrr  

It got a 7 and only because I <3 Dr. Who and this is his child.  Refernce to Lanto too.

Reply 75#75 bala's post

No sang, we we can't have Jack or Gwen die.  Unacceptable.

Reply 79#79 sanggye's post

Ahhh back to the suspence question/answer mentality we lost there for the last Few (most of them) episodes.  I think the big sponge thing in the earth from Buenas Aries-Singapore is an alien. A REALLY FREAKIN" BIG ONE! hahahahahahah.   Maybe.  I dunno, but it will all be wrapped up next week.

STILL don't have a clue what Danes purpose was.,.....

Gwen's father was sooo sad.  REALLY annoyed with those, "wankers?"  --Is that right.  Jerks is what I'm going for....

23 12
Thread