24 12
Thread
Printable Version

Torchwood General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 46#46 bala's post

In the show, jack is Bi, he comes from the future where the is no gay or straight, just fun.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 48#48 gabsimom's post

I wouldn't qualify him as a sex addict, as the Doctor said when Jack was first seen, is that the 51st century is more sexually inflexible

In fact he has been called omnisexual, because of willing to have sex with male, female, aliens.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 12#12 arksongbird80's post

All the seasons of Torchwood had quite a bit of blowing up

Reply 12#12 arksongbird80's post

I liked it, and was sad it ended.  I missed Torchwood and glad we get 10 episodes.  And I love seeing Gwen again.  

Reply 18#18 arksongbird80's post

There is some banter, I think it might pick up,   we will just have to see and take each one as it comes, also Jack is mortal, something he has never had to deal with before, so I am betting he is a bit off.   Plus IT IS TORCHWOOD, I am just so glad to see Jack and Gwen again.    I also don't trust the pr person in red.

Reply 23#23 gabsimom's post

It is going to get real interesting now that they are all on the run from the CIA

Reply 27#27 arksongbird80's post

It some alien thing.  I liked this episode.  Rex is alright, he just has his standards, but they are breaking.  The masks are creepy, that has something to do with it.

Reply 29#29 arksongbird80's post

Doubt the Doctor will show, especially since this is a Starz/BBC production, Starz only bought the rights of Torchwood.

Yes Rex is a cowboy, but I see him changing, it showed a few times with that, by acknowledging Jack's lead.  

Well there was more banter this time  

Reply 34#34 arksongbird80's post

Well she was wrong, she did go to her sister's house in the middle of the day and it was because of this that the assassin found Torchwood.  Rex is a trained agent, he most likely hid his trail and knows how to spot a tail.  She isn't a trained agent, plus it had been 15 years since he saw his father, while her relationship with her sister was well known (She said she saw her sister every week)  Yes Rex is a Jerk, but she was stupid.

The hospital is part of the plan for the Drug Company.

Reply 43#43 bala's post

I agree, some people just need to know when to keep their mouths shut.  But there are always some who think they are a power and can intimidate others.

Reply 45#45 arksongbird80's post

I think she is dead, as there is no way someone can survive total immolation.

Reply 47#47 magic4u's post

With Miracle Day, they have people survive burning as long as any part of the body is there.

Reply 50#50 arksongbird80's post

I am really starting to dislike Esther, don't know why, but she is really not cut out for field work.   Gwen again makes my day, without her there would be no Torchwood.    We don't know what it is, I still say it's alien.  And Torchwood did deal with other things other than aliens and outerspace.

Reply 55#55 bala's post

Well he kind of freaked out, he saw Jack die, with his religious beliefs that could only mean jack was the devil.

Reply 57#57 bala's post

Oh, I agree with that, he talked about the Doctor and his companion, but he forgot the Doctor (except for one) doesn't get into sexual relations with their companions.

Reply 63#63 arksongbird80's post

She was the first companion of the new series, started with 9th Dr and all teh way to the second series of the 10th Doctor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_Tyler

Rose is the only companion in history to have the doctor return the romantic attraction (and it ended being with him, though it was an alternate world human doctor)

Reply 65#65 arksongbird80's post

Sorry she is still my favorite, Pond sometimes drives me nuts where I wanna almost slap her

Reply 68#68 bala's post

You gonna have to go back and watch the whole first 3 seasons of Dr. Who  

(jk)  When she become infused with teh time vortex, she resurrected Jack (after he been killed by the Daleks) and this is what gave him him immortality and they(Rose and the Doctor) then left him.  The next we see him is when Torchwood started, now he his immortal

Reply 73#73 arksongbird80's post

It is all going to be wrapped up in one episode.  We have one more episode with getting closer, then final were everything will be solved and answers met.  But who do you think is going to die, Captain Jack or Gwen?

Reply 76#76 arksongbird80's post

Why Not, ark?  They already shown they don't care who dies, and Jack is Mortal right now, and Gwen can't stay part of Torchwood because she is a mother, she has already shown that her daughter and family is more important than Torchwood or Jack

24 12
Thread