Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Reply 660#660 spratt89's post

Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

UPDATED LIST:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.  If you'd like to try some, please post that here as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
90210, Beauty and The Beast, H2O: Just Add Water, In Plain Sight, John Adams, Law & Order, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Medium, Nip/Tuck, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Wallander

Action Adventure:
Blood Ties, Life On Mars, Runaway, Rush

Comedy:
About A Girl, Flight of the Conchords, Gary Unmarried, Greek, Kath & Kim, Little Mosque On The Prairie, New Adventures of Old Christine, Privileged, Rita Rocks, Rules of Engagement, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Sophie, Swingtown, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Fear Itself, Quantum Leap, Roswell, Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, True Blood

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
American Idol, The Hills, MythBusters, Dirty Jobs, Time Warp, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Sons of Anarchy

Animation:
Robot Chicken, Teen Titans

I'm not sure which genre most of these are, but they're spoken for:
Being Erica, Crusoe, Lie To Me, Leverage, My Own Worst Enemy, Flashpoint, Harpers Island, Legend Of The Seeker

Here are more new shows that will need guides & abouts.  I'm not sure of the genre for these either.
QI Quite Interesting, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, LA Ink, ReGenesis, The Border, Being Human, Canterbury's Law, Demons, Eastbound, And Down, Eleventh Hour (US), Life And Times Of Vivienne, Missing 2009, Star Wars - The Clone Wars, the game, The Beast, United States Of Tara, The Universe, Whistler, Wizards Of Waverly Place

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, and 5 for each episode guide.  Please post them here first so they can be checked and/or edited prior to posting in their respective forums.

Reply 659#659 waterlilybarb's post

thanks for your help.
i will look to add some more "about" and episode guides later, but right now my head hurts,lol

Reply 663#663 grah3's post

No trouble at all.  I've had heaps of practice, but it's nice when someone else does the grunt work.  Editing is one of the things I really enjoy doing.  Plus, I'm a bit of a control freak.   

Reply 664#664 waterlilybarb's post

oh barb, on the forum for fringe do i just copy and paste the " about " or do you now enter it on the forum yourself ? i am not sure if i do and if i do how do i do it. ? is it entered as a new thread or what?

Graham

Reply 665#665 grah3's post

Go to edit, select all, copy and paste in a new thread in the Fringe forum.  This way you get the treasure for posting it.  If it says there are too many characters for you to do it yourself (sometimes happens), let me know & I'll post it.

Reply 666#666 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks Barb done that, its all in ok, thanks for your help
graham

Reply 667#667 grah3's post

I saw.   It's been highlighted, stickyed and closed.  Just post in here when you choose another show.

When Moonlighting meets Murder, She Wrote...

Castle is a drama series that premiered in March 2009.

About the Show:
Castle is a witty drama based on a famous crime and horror novelist who helps the NYPD homicide department solve crimes.

Wildly famous mystery novelist Richard Castle is bored with his own success. Then he learns that a real-world copycat killer has started staging murder scenes depicted in his novels. Castle is questioned by NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, a bright and aggressive detective who keeps her investigations under tight rein. Though they instantly clash, sparks of another sort also begin to fly, leading both to danger and a hint of romance as Castle steps in to help find the killer. And once that case is solved, he and Beckett build on their new relationship as they look to solve more strange homicides in New York - as much fun as one can have with death and murder.

Castle is kept grounded by his Broadway diva mother, Martha Rodgers, and quick-witted teenage daughter Alexis. Also in the mix are NYPD Captain Roy Montgomery, Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, NYPD Detective Javier Esposito and NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Castle is inspired by shows like “Rockford Files” & “Moonlighting” that are lighthearted with romantic tension and unlike the dark procedurals prevalent today Castle invites the viewer to invest in the relationship of two people having fun together and engaging in witty banter.

Cast & Characters:
Nathan FillionRichard “Rick” Castle
Stana KaticDetective Kate Beckett
Susan SullivanMartha Rodgers
Molly C. QuinnAlexis Castle
Ruben Santiago-HudsonNYPD Captain Roy Montgomery
Tamala JonesMedical Examiner Lanie Parish
Jon HuertasNYPD Detective Javier Esposito
Seamus DeverNYPD Detective Kevin Ryan

Episode Guides:
Season 1

Visit the Official Site:
information adapted from: ABC, castletv, IMDb & TV.com
images adapted from: photobucket & castletv

Watch it now!
For more information on VIP membership, please see here.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 6-3-2009 11:55 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Thanks. Ready to post. :) 6-3-2009 08:57

You can wipe away a memory… But can you wipe away a soul?                   

Dollhouse is a sci-fi/drama series that premiered in February 2009.

About the Show:
The show follows an organization that employs mind-wiped DNA-altered humans known as Dolls who are implanted with false memories and skills for various missions and tasks. When they are not 'at work' they are living in a real life Dollhouse which gives the show the name. One of those mind-wiped humans, a young woman named Echo, is slowly starting to become aware of herself and what's going on - all the while somebody on the outside is trying to bring the Dollhouse down while getting closer to Echo - possibly not aware that she is one of the Dolls he is after.

Echo is an “Active,” a member of a highly illegal and underground group of individuals hired out for particular jobs.  Her mind and personality have been wiped clean.  She is whomever the job needs her to be – a best friend… a lethal assassin.

The hidden futuristic facility hiding the Actives is called “The Dollhouse,” and the leaders of the Dollhouse hire Echo and her fellow Actives out to wealthy clients.  As Whedon says, Actives don’t just perform their job duties, they become the person that a client needs them to be.  The Dollhouse sees to that.

Only, what is this secret worth?  How can it stay a secret forever?

And more importantly… what happens when something unplanned takes place?  What happens when the Actives start to think for themselves.
Dollhouse will make you ask the question, you can wipe away a memory…but can you wipe away a soul?

Cast & Characters:

Alan Tudyk

Alpha
Formerly Carl William Craft, Alpha is a rogue Active who escaped the Dollhouse. Before coming to the Dollhouse, he was a prisoner convicted of kidnapping and attempted murder. When the Dollhouse was starting up, it needed "guinea pigs"; he was able to reduce his sentence by agreeing to become an Active for five years.

Eliza Dushku

Echo
Formerly Caroline Farrell, Echo is an Active and star of the series. She is one of the most popular Actives in the Dollhouse, and, during the course of her engagements, has shown skills that transcend the limitations of her parameters. Echo has become increasingly self-aware during her blank state, remembering facets of her previous engagements, recognizing that she can be imprinted with different personalities, and remembering facts from her previous life such as her name.

Teddy Sears

Mike
is an Active who first appears in Needs. He shares a room with Echo, November, Sierra, and Victor. Along with his roommates in "Needs", he awakens with most of his original personalities intact. However, his "need" was never revealed as he was caught by the Dollhouse security. He expressed symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia, believing he and his fellow Actives were caught in the clutches of a malign extraterrestrial experiment.

Miracle Laurie

November
whose real name is Madeline Costley, she is originally introduced to the series as Mellie, the neighbor, romantic interest, and confidante of Paul Ballard. November is in fact a "sleeper" Active.

Harry Lennix

Boyd Langton
a former cop, a handler at the Dollhouse first assigned as Echo's handler. After Dominic is sent to the attic, Langton becomes the new head of security, though retaining a connection to Echo. He has doubts about the ethics of what the Dollhouse does with the Actives and is not afraid to share his reservations with the fellow staff, including DeWitt.

Tahmoh Penikett

Paul Ballard
is the ex-FBI special agent assigned to the Dollhouse case. While most in the Bureau view the case as a joke, he takes it seriously, to the point of obsession. Throughout the show, his main objective is to rescue Caroline. He had become involved with his neighbor Mellie before discovering the Dollhouse imprinted her to spy on him. He then distances himself from her, using her vulnerability to follow her to the Dollhouse's location. In "Omega" he agrees to work for the Dollhouse in exchange for the freedom of November.

Dichen Lachman

Sierra
Formerly Priya, Sierra is the most recent Active to be added to the Dollhouse. Before coming to the Dollhouse, she rejected the sexual advances of a wealthy man named Nolan. Discouraged, he sold her into the Dollhouse so that he would be able to have her whenever he wanted.

Olivia Williams

Adelle DeWitt
is the highest ranking official at the Los Angeles Dollhouse. She truly believes that what they do at the Dollhouse helps people. Prior to working in the Dollhouse, her job entailed growing human organs out of stem cells. Although Adelle is the head of her Dollhouse, she does answer to off-screen superiors, as the LA Dollhouse is just one of more than twenty worldwide with their headquarters in Tucson, Arizona.E-6 She is revealed to be "Miss Lonelyhearts" who has hired out Victor several times for romantic encounters to quell her intense loneliness.

Enver Gjokaj

Victor
is an Active who has made friends with Echo and Sierra. The character is introduced as Russian gangster Lubov, whose real identity as a Doll is revealed later. The character is also regularly hired out on romantic engagements for one "Miss Lonelyhearts".

Fran Kranz

Topher Brink
is the scientist who operates the Dollhouse technology and uses it to imprint new personalities on the Actives. He has stated that the technology takes imprints from existing people, which he then mixes and matches to create the desired imprint. A genius, Topher has a cocky, if quirky, attitude which puts him at odds with Ballard, who believes that Topher cannot completely wipe a person's soul from their body. On his birthday, Topher is able to use an Active to goof off with in order to celebrate under the guise of an "anterior insular cortex diagnostic".

Episode Guides:
Season 1

Visit the Official Site:
information from:Wikipedia, IMDb, FOX, & TV.com
images adapted from: photobucket

Watch it now!
For more information on VIP membership, please see here.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 6-5-2009 04:00 ]
Recent Ratings

Sex and the City Episode Guide Season 5

1. Anchors Away
Carrie realizes her relationship with New York City is as dysfunctional as her relationship with men. Charlotte decides she needs to distance herself from her former life as Mrs. Trey MacDougal. Miranda tries to adjust to her new life with her baby, Brady Hobbes. Samantha gets phone calls from Richard begging her to take him back.
Aired: 7/21/2002

2. Unoriginal Sin
Carrie gets an offer from publishers who want to make a book out of her column. Charlotte takes affirmations to try and find love again. Miranda agrees to have Brady baptized, and chooses Carrie as the godmother. Samantha takes Richard back, despite the girls advising against it.
Aired: 7/28/2002

3. Luck be an Old Lady
Carrie desperately tries to get everyone together for Charlotte's "Thirty-Faux" birthday. Charlotte doesn't want to turn 36 because she feels she's getting old. Miranda goes to Atlantic City with the girls, feeling self-conscious about her weight. Samantha's paranoid that Richard is cheating with the entire hotel staff.
Aired: 8/4/2002

4. Cover Girl
Carrie works with Samantha to try to get the perfect look for her book cover. Charlotte starts reading self-help books. Miranda goes to Weight Watchers to lose her baby weight. Samantha gets upset when she feels the girls are judging her sex life.
Aired: 8/11/2002

5. Plus one is the Loneliest Number
Carrie invites Jack Berger to her book opening party. Charlotte butts heads with Bunny MacDougal. Miranda's single life and her life with Brady conflict. Samantha gets a chemical peel that goes awry.
Aired: 8/18/2002

6. Critical Condition
Carrie deals with her past with Aidan when she runs into Nina Katz, Aidan's ex. Charlotte gets legal with Bunny in a fight for her apartment. Miranda has no one to turn to when she needs help taking care of Brady. Samantha spends some of her free time on Miranda.
Aired: 8/25/2002

7. The Big Journey
Carrie goes to California to promote her book and visit Big. Charlotte sleeps with her lawyer, Harry Goldenblatt. Samantha accompanies Carrie to California, looking for a good time.
Aired: 9/1/2002

8. I Love a Charade
Carrie meets Jack Berger again in the Hamptons. Charlotte goes public with her relationship with Harry. Miranda gets more comfortable with her role as a mother. Samantha throws a huge party at Richard Wright's Hamptons house.
Aired: 9/8/2002

This season had a short run due to Sarah Jessica Parker and Cynthia Nixon's pregnancies.

Source: Tv-com, Wikipedia
Watch Sex and the City Season 5 on Viptv.
How to Become a VIP Member
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 Thanks. Ready to post. :) 6-5-2009 10:46

Sex and the City Episode Guide Season 6

1. To Market, To Market
Carrie is nervous about her first date with Berger. Carrie runs into Aidan for the first time since their breakup, and is surprised by the changes in his life. Miranda realizes she's in love with Steve. Charlotte struggles with Harry's desire to marry a Jew. Samantha sleeps with a stock broker who gives out tips during sex.
Aired: 6/22/2003

2. Great Sexpectations
Carrie and Berger have great dates, but struggle in the bedroom. Miranda becomes addicted to the show 'Jules and Mimi'. Charlotte pursues converting to Judaism for Harry. Samantha meets Jerry Jerrod (Smith).
Aired: 6/29/2003

3. The Perfect Present
Carrie tries to not think about Berger's ex-girlfriend and her influence on his life. Miranda finds condoms in Brady's diaper bag and gets upset with Steve. Charlotte mourns the loss of Christmas. Samantha gets Jerry fired from his catering job.
Aired: 7/6/2003

4. Pick-a-Little, Talk-a-Little
Carrie feels bad for criticising Berger's book. When Berger tells Miranda that a guy is "not that into her" she feels compelled to spread the knowledge to others. Charlotte cooks her first Shabbat dinner for Harry. Samantha and Jerry act out all their sexual fantasies.
Aired: 7/13/2003

5. Lights, Camera, Relationship
Carrie gets a big check for her book sales, which upsets Berger whose book deal is dropped. Miranda helps Steve bake cupcakes for his new girlfriend. Charlotte is reluctant to date after Harry leaves her. Samantha takes charge of the PR for Jerry's struggling play where he appears fully naked.
Aired: 7/20/2003

6. Hop, Skip, and a Week
Berger tells Carrie that he needs a break from their relationship. Miranda has to cut her hours at work in order to spend more time with Brady. Women from the synagogue set Charlotte up with their sons. Samantha changes Jerry's name to Smith and gets him on a billboard in Times Square.
Aired: 7/27/2003

7. The Post-it Always Sticks Twice
Berger breaks up with Carrie on a Post-It note. Miranda fits into her "skinny jeans". Charlotte decides she wants a small wedding. Samantha is reluctant to be known as Smith's girlfriend.
Aired: 8/3/2003

8. The Catch
Carrie's fling with Harry's best man ends in a neck injury. Miranda is scared of meeting Steve's new girlfriend. Everything goes wrong at Charlotte and Harry's wedding. Samantha struggles without a man around.
Aired: 8/10/2003

9. A Woman's Right to Shoes (a.k.a. No Shoes, No Service)
Carrie loses her shoes at a party. Miranda gets the chicken pox. Charlotte and Harry adjust to living together. Samantha is annoyed by children misbehaving in nice restaurants.
Aired: 8/17/2003

10. Boy, Interrupted
Carrie's high school sweetheart visits her in New York on his way to a mental asylum in Connecticut. Miranda develops a crush her neighbor who is the doctor for the Knicks. In order to get into an exclusive pool at the SoHo House, Samantha pretends to be a member. Geri Halliwell guest stars.
Aired: 8/24/2003

11. The Domino Effect
Carrie is distressed by Big's need for heart surgery. Miranda gets close to her new boyfriend Robert, but is reluctant to introduce him to Steve. Charlotte tries acupuncture in order to get pregnant. Samantha refuses to hold hands with Smith.
Aired: 9/7/2003

12. One
Carrie meets the Russian, Aleksandr Petrovsky, at an art gallery. Miranda's boyfriend says "I love you" but she realizes she still loves Steve. Charlotte discovers she's pregnant. Samantha dyes her pubic hair, when she finds one gray hair.
Aired: 9/14/2003

13. Let There be Light
Carrie begins to feel attached to Aleksandr but cannot ignore his womanizing past. As Steve moves into the building, Miranda finds it hard to avoid her angry exboyfriend Robert. Charlotte tries to forget her miscarriage by volunteering. Samantha accompanies Smith to a party hosted by Richard Wright.
Aired: 1/4/2004

14. The Ick Factor
Carrie finds Aleksandr's romantic attention a little overwhelming. Miranda prepares for her wedding to Steve. Charlotte and Harry's romance leads to digestive problems. Samantha considers a breast enlargement.
Aired: 1/11/2004

15. Catch-38
Carrie discovers that Aleksandr has decided to not have any more kids. Miranda and Steve go on their honeymoon to a remote part of upstate New York. Baby Brady sees Charlotte and Harry having sex. Samantha uses Smith's fame to get her an appointment with a well known female oncologist.
Aired: 1/18/2004

16. Out of the Frying Pan
Carrie gets upset at Aleksandr for being inconsiderate of her feelings about Samantha's cancer. Miranda considers buying a house in Brooklyn. Charlotte receives a dog and names her Elizabeth Taylor. Samantha's hair falls out as a result of chemotherapy.
Aired: 1/25/2004

17. The Cold War
Aleksandr refuses to talk about his work or introduce Carrie to his friends. Miranda adjusts to life in Brooklyn. Charlotte decides to enter Elizabeth Taylor in a dog show. Samantha makes a sex tape with Smith to prove she's not a "fag hag".
Aired: 2/1/2004

18. Splat!
Petrovsky hosts a dinner party for Carrie's inner circle, and makes a shocking announcement. Later, the death of an old party friend helps Carrie reach a big decision.
Aired: 2/8/2004

19. An American Girl in Paris (part une)
Before going to Paris, Carrie has one last dinner with Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda. Later, the girls agree that Big should go and find Carrie in Paris.
Aired: 2/15/2004

20. An American Girl in Paris (part deux)
Carrie is lonely in Paris because Petrovsky is spending so much time on his new exhibit. The chemo treatments are killing Samantha's sex drive. Miranda must take care of Steve's mother after she has a stroke. Charlotte and Harry try to adopt a baby. Big goes to Paris to look for Carrie.
Aired: 2/22/2004

Source: Tv-com, Wikipedia
Watch Sex and the City Season 6 on Viptv
How to Become a VIP Member
Recent Ratings

the Dead zone

You should see what he sees.

The Dead Zone, aka Stephen King's Dead Zone (in USA) is an American-Canadian science fiction/suspense series starring Anthony Michael Hall as Johnny Smith, who discovers he has developed psychic abilities after a coma. The show, credited as "based on characters" from Stephen King's 1979 novel of the same name, first aired in 2002, and was produced by Lionsgate Television and CBS Paramount Television (Paramount Television from 2002-05) for the USA Network. Season 6 — billed as "The season that changes everything" — premiered on June 17, 2007.

The show was originally commissioned for UPN, but the network later dropped the show and it was picked up instead by USA. The series was filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada for its first five seasons. For the sixth season, production moved to Montreal.

After six seasons, the series was canceled in December 2007.

Cast

•Anthony Michael Hall                  Johnny Smith
•Nicole de Boer                             Sarah Bannerman
•John L. Adams                               Bruce Lewis
•Chris Bruno                       Sheriff Walter "Walt" Bannerman
•Connor Price                             J.J. Bannerman

David Ogden Stiers                Rev. Gene Purdy        
• Bill Mondy                       Deputy Roscoe / Roscoe        
• Spencer Achtymichuk              Little Johnny Bannerman / J.J. Bannerman        
• Sean Patrick Flanery                   Greg Stillson        
• Kristen Dalton                   Dana Bright        
• Anna Hagan                                Vera Smith
• Martin Donovan                      Malcolm Janus        
• Cara Buono                         Sheriff Anna Turner        
• Sarah Wynter                         Rebecca Caldwell        
• Gary Chalk                       James Stillson        
• Michael Kopsa                               Jake Truax        
• Suleka Mathew                 Dr. Gibson / Dr. Janet Gibson        
• Rick Tae                         Dr. Tran        
• Sonja Bennett                 Rachel Caldwell        
• Dominic Louis                Johnny Bannerman Jr.        
• Don S. Davis                Senator Harlan Ellis        
• Jennifer Finnigan             Alex Sinclair

WATCH IT NOW
http://vip.tv-video.net/index.ph ... h&orderby=movid

SOURCE:

http://www.imdb.com/
[ Last edited by gabsimom at 6-9-2009 10:17 ]

[ Last edited by grah3 at 6-9-2009 11:52 ]
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +10 Ready to post! 6-9-2009 12:29

Please tweek this one a bit more and  try to find a better picture. try photobucket.com

ok i will try

dead zone,

i have tried to place a grid around the cast area, but i must be doing something wrong can you help me at all?

Graham

Reply 676#676 grah3's post

Use this but leave no spaces

actor’s namecharacter’s name
second actorsecond character

see this topic

[ Last edited by bala at 6-9-2009 17:10 ]

I made a few changes and try to do a table add the shows main site and link the watch it now to vip site. thank you for your hard work but well worth the 10 points.

Reply 678#678 gabsimom's post

It's already been posted in The Dead Zone forum & I edited it there.  You know me - crazy control freak. :lol

Perfect!

Thread