Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Reply 1410#1410 sanggye's post

LOL! It's yours.   We thought you were pitching a new show there for a minute.

Updating the list now.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1413#1413 sanggye's post

Good Lord!  You don't have to watch every episode to do an episode guide.  You can search for them, and use ones from other sites...ie: tv.com, IMDb, wikipedia, or whichever network the show airs on.  Make sure to include your source for information & images.

Reply 1415#1415 sanggye's post

LOL!  At least you're up front about it...and it needs to be done.

Reply 1417#1417 sddvasquez's post

I think you had some computer problems right around the time you were doing TNG.  I'll update the list.

Reply 1419#1419 sddvasquez's post

You already posted the episode guides for it - see here.   Definitely cut back on the crack.

Reply 1421#1421 Mnemosyne's post

They're yours.  Ignore my last comment if you saw it before I deleted it. ;P

UPDATED LIST:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.
If you'd like to try some, please post that in this thread as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
Desperate Romantics, Easy Money, H2O: Just Add Water, Happy Town, Hope Springs, In Plain Sight, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Luthor, Memphis Beat, Miami Medical, Missing 2009, Moving Wallpaper, Nip/Tuck, Personal Affairs, Persons Unknown, Popular, Pretty Little Liars, Rookie Blue, Sophie, Southland, Tell Me You Love Me, The Beast, The Bridge, The Gates, The Good Guys, The Pacific, Unnatural History, V, Whistler

Action Adventure:
DONE FOR NOW

Comedy:
About A Girl, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Drop Dead Diva, Eastbound & Down, Hiccups, Hot in Cleveland, Hung, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Joey, Kath & Kim, Louie, Parks & Recreation, Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, Party Down, Privileged, Reno 911!, Roommates, Ross Noble's Australian Trip, Scoundrels, Surviving Suburbia, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, The Loop, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, The Universe

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
30 Days, American Idol, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, LA Ink, Last Chance to See, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Survivor, The Marriage Ref, The Hills, Time Warp

Animation:
Ugly Americans

Here are the shows only in need of episode guides (thanks to spratt89, who took the time to check ):
Robot Chicken, Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Returning (or cancelled) shows that are being cared for already:
Law & Order, Law & Order SVU, Law & Order CI, The Mentalist, Scrubs, Two & A Half Men, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Bones, Criminal Minds, 30 Rock, Chuck, Greek, Castle, Bleach, CSI, CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, Sons of Anarchy, Dollhouse, Smallville, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Ugly Betty, Nip/Tuck, Royal Pains Season 2, Stargate Universe Season 2, Supernatural Season 6, The Cleveland Show Season 2, The Middle Season 2, The Vampire Diaries Season 2, V Season 2, Warehouse 13 Season 2, Modern Family Season 2, Caprica Season 2, Community Season 2, Cougar Town Season 2, Eureka Season 4, Human Target Season 2, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, House (and most shows w/ moderators - can't think of them all now)

For any that already have previous seasons done, please check those forums and see how the original poster formatted the guides and follow the same pattern so they are cohesive.  Thank you.

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  Any highlighted in magenta have both about & guide spoken for.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, 5 for each episode guide plus 2 treasures apiece.  
**There is a new rule that the guides & abouts must now be posted in their forums by a moderator or super moderator - thus the addition of treasures being awarded.**

NOTE: Please let me know if I have mislabeled or missed any shows.  Many just need "Abouts", while some need both.  I will recheck my list regularly to make sure it is up to date.  Thanks so much for your help & cooperation.

Reply 1427#1427 sddvasquez's post

You're good to go.  Both posted.

sanggye - you're good to go.  I'll check & post yours sometime today.

codebreaker - The Pillars of the Earth is yours - I'll update the list.

Sddv - thanks for posting the link to making tables.

Reply 1440#1440 fmkenney's post

We already have an episode guide for it, but the about the show is yours if you want it fmkenney.

Reply 1442#1442 codebreaker's post

Can you also tell me your source for the episode guide please.  PM me if you need any extra advice, but sddv, has provided an awesome aid.   I LOVE how our members help one another, even when they're competing.

Reply 1448#1448 codebreaker's post

Codebreaker - you are good to move on.  Thank you so much for sll your work.  We appreciate the efforts of everyone who helps in here, but especially when someone does their 1st "about", as we know it's a bit of a challenge if you've not used that code before.

Reply 1450#1450 sanggye's post

I generally do edits prior to posting sanggye.  You are able to check the ones you have done and see what the edits I have made look like, if that helps at all.  If you like, you are welcome to set up a thread in free chatting to practice using different codes you have to enter manually.

It took me a while to get it down pat, but I've now been doing it for a good while, and have it down to a science, so can do them fairly quickly.  Believe me, if bala can do them (not implying in any way that he's not smart), anyone can.  It just takes a bit of practice.

Reply 1453#1453 sddvasquez's post

He's got the formula down now too.  Took him a while to even want to bother doing the "abouts" though.   Once he did, I think he found that it's not hard once you figure it out.

Reply 1458#1458 Mnemosyne's post

It's great.  For the challenge, you only need to do 1 season, but please do the others for us too.  You can do them after you check in at the pit stop.  You are good to go to the pit stop, and thank you.

Reply 1462#1462 Mnemosyne's post

No problem.  I can edit them together when I post it.

Reply 1464#1464 munch's post

Sorry, if they are in colour, they are already taken.  The ones not in colour, check the forum to see if it needs both or just an about or episode guide.  Some are partially done, but many need both.  Or you can choose 2 shows - 1 to do an about for and 1 to do the episode guide for.  Thanks.

EDIT: I just noticed The Life & Times of Vivienne Vance needs both - whoever volunteered for it hasn't returned to do it.

UPDATED LIST:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.
If you'd like to try some, please post that in this thread as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
Boardwalk Empire, Desperate Romantics, Easy Money, H2O: Just Add Water, Happy Town, Hope Springs, In Plain Sight, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Luthor, Memphis Beat, Miami Medical, Missing 2009, Moving Wallpaper, Nip/Tuck, Personal Affairs, Popular, Pretty Little Liars, Rookie Blue, Sophie, Southland, Tell Me You Love Me, The Beast, The Bridge, The Gates, The Good Guys, The Pacific, Unnatural History, V, Whistler

Action Adventure:
DONE FOR NOW

Comedy:
About A Girl, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Drop Dead Diva, Eastbound & Down, Hiccups, Hot in Cleveland, Hung, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Joey, Kath & Kim, Louie, Parks & Recreation, Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, Party Down, Privileged, Reno 911!, Roommates, Ross Noble's Australian Trip, Scoundrels, Surviving Suburbia, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, The Loop, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
The Middleman

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
30 Days, American Idol, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, LA Ink, Last Chance to See, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Survivor, The Marriage Ref, The Hills, Time Warp

Animation:
Ugly Americans

Here are the shows only in need of episode guides (thanks to spratt89, who took the time to check ):
Robot Chicken, Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Returning (or cancelled) shows that are being cared for already:
Law & Order, Law & Order SVU, Law & Order CI, The Mentalist, Scrubs, Two & A Half Men, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Bones, Criminal Minds, 30 Rock, Chuck, Greek, Castle, Bleach, CSI, CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, Sons of Anarchy, Dollhouse, Smallville, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Ugly Betty, Nip/Tuck, Royal Pains Season 2, Stargate Universe Season 2, Supernatural Season 6, The Cleveland Show Season 2, The Middle Season 2, The Vampire Diaries Season 2, V Season 2, Warehouse 13 Season 2, Modern Family Season 2, Caprica Season 2, Community Season 2, Cougar Town Season 2, Eureka Season 4, Human Target Season 2, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, House, Glee (and most shows w/ moderators - can't think of them all now)

For any that already have previous seasons done, please check those forums and see how the original poster formatted the guides and follow the same pattern so they are cohesive.  Thank you.

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  Any highlighted in magenta have both about & guide spoken for.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, 5 for each episode guide plus 2 treasures apiece.  
**There is a new rule that the guides & abouts must now be posted in their forums by a moderator or super moderator - thus the addition of treasures being awarded.**

NOTE: Please let me know if I have mislabeled or missed any shows.  Many just need "Abouts", while some need both.  I will recheck my list regularly to make sure it is up to date.  Thanks so much for your help & cooperation.

munch - The Bridge is all yours.

angel-87 - looking forward to your about.

fmkenney - Person's Unknown is yours for an about if you want it (saw your post in another thread).  Luthor & Miami Medical's episode guides has been done already - they're just waiting for a forum to be posted.

I don't see where carlorica has dibs on Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Reply 1469#1469 sddvasquez's post

I can't get the audio player to post properly.  I think the newer forums - of which this was one after some forum changes - don't allow them to work.

Thread