Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Reply 1042#1042 bala's post

That's fine.  I just thought it could be helpful to clear some of the older ones on the list up, but someone else can do it.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1044#1044 bala's post

I miss sddv too.  

I'm not upset if you don't want to do them, it was just a suggestion.  As for the abouts, if you would do a couple and provide the information (like the IMDb link for the actor's), I don't mind doing the table in editing.  

I've honestly just not been up to doing them like I normally would, as I[ve had so many migraines these past few months.  If you don't want to, or don't have time, no worries, they'll get done eventually.

Reply 1046#1046 bala's post

Here's a few I found that have been on the list for a while that could use guides: Runaway, Flight of the Conchords, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Sophie & John Adams.  You don't have to do them all (or you can choose others - but I doubt if you watch something like The Life & Times of Vivienne Vyle ), but it's a starting place.

Honestly, I don't think you're trying to be greedy.  We just like to give newer people the opportunity to volunteer for newly added shows, as it may be something they especially like, and were waiting for.  

With Tina being pregnant & not feeling quite herself, me being ill, and the other mods (and members like sddv) that usually help with guides & abouts being unavailable or unable to get online, it's created quite a backlog.

Reply 1048#1048 bala's post

Thanks.  I've updated the list.

Reply 1055#1055 serena75's post

That would be great Serena.   I don't mind doing either but timing isn't good at the moment.

Reply 1057#1057 kellemanske's post

That's actually very good kellemanske, but unfortunately the episode guide for Cupid has already been done.  That show just needs an "about the show".  When you see a title you'd like to do, check it;s forum to see which it needs.  Then post in here that you'd like to do it.  That way you won't do a duplicate.

Up To Date List:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.
If you'd like to try some, please post that here as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
Ashes to Ashes, Boy Meets Girl, Carnivale, H2O: Just Add Water, Hope Springs, Hotel Babylon, In Plain Sight, John Adams, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Make It or Break It, Missing 2009, Moving Wallpaper, Nip/Tuck, Personal Affairs, Popular, Raising the Bar, Sons of Anarchy, Southland, The Beast, The Border, The Cleaner, The Philanthropist, The Sarah Jane Adventures, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, The Starter Wife, Valentine, Warehouse 13, Whistler, Wildfire

Action Adventure:
Life On Mars, Runaway, Rush

Comedy:
About A Girl, Cupid, Eastbound & Down, Flight of the Conchords, Hung, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Joey, Kath & Kim, Kingdom, Little Mosque On The Prairie, Parks & Recreation, Party Down, Privileged, Roommates, Sophie, Surviving Suburbia, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, The Loop, Weeds, Wizards Of Waverly Place, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, The Universe

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
30 Days, American Idol, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, LA Ink, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Survivor, The Hills, The Universe, Time Warp

Animation:
Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, The Goode Family

Here are the shows only in need of episode guides (thanks to spratt89, who took the time to check ):
Mr. Bean, Robot Chicken, Star Wars: The Clone Wars

For any that already have previous seasons done, please check those forums and see how the original poster formatted the guides and follow the same pattern so they are cohesive.  Thank you.

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, and 5 for each episode guide.  Please post them here first so they can be checked and/or edited prior to posting in their respective forums, and so points can be awarded.

Reply 1064#1064 kellemanske's post

Shows are on the list because they still need an about (even if the guides have already been posted).  That's why you need to check the forums for the shows to see if episode guides have been posted.  I'll try to get around to making a table of which shows need which, but until then, you'll just have to double check.

Reply 1066#1066 kellemanske's post

The colours show which programs someone has asked to do an about or guide for.  When they're both done, I do remove them from the list (though occasionally I miss one - just noticed I had to remove My Name Is Earl).

BTW, I noticed you posted in H2O: Just Add Water.  That show needs the guide done for it, if you'd like to do it. :)

Reply 1068#1068 bala's post

I'll take all the help that's offered.   Plus, you know how I like awarding points.

Reply 1079#1079 kellemanske's post

Yes, Bala is correct.  Please make a post first that you'd like to do the guide though so I or another mod can OK it.  That way no one else starts one for the same show.   

Quote:
the episode guides for the sarah jane adventures, hotel babylon, in plain sight, L&O SVU, make it or break it, Nip/tuck, popular, sons of anarchy, surviving suburbia (comedy not drama), the beast, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Whistler, Wildfire,Runaway, cupid, Hung, Joey, Little Mosque On The Prairie, Party down, Privileged, Roommates, Weeds, Worst week, the middleman   have been posted as well
Royal pains, the abouts are made but the guides not (or not yet posted)
warehouse 13, the abouts aren't posted yet
blood ties, Greek, my name is earl, Rita Rocks, fear itself everything is posted
Life on Mars, the abouts aren't posted yet, but the guide s1 is posted
star trek enterprise, guides s1-4 are posted, abouts not
star trek tng, guides s1-7 are posted, abouts not
Thank you for checking as I'll be able to use this to aid me when I make a table.

The shows that are highlighted have been requested to do by members and have not been posted yet.  Rita Rocks is on the list because Bala asked to do the guide when the new season begins...like Adam has done (and which I will add to the list).  I'll update the abouts for Greek & Secret Diary of a Call Girl myself to format them properly.

Reply 1090#1090 bala's post

The season 1 guide f(as well as the about) or Rita Rocks has already been done by grah3 and is posted.  I thought you had asked to do the guide for next season.

Reply 1091#1091 bala's post

I post all the guides in black now (in forums w/ no mods).  That way they don't get mixed with the stuck notices.

Reply 1093#1093 bala's post

I've been doing it for months.  I'm surprised you hadn't noticed before now.

Reply 1100#1100 xxjujuxx's post

You did fine Juju.   I added the banners for you.  If you'd like to do any others (and have the time to) please feel free to just post in here which one/s you'd like to try.

Up To Date List:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.
If you'd like to try some, please post that in this thread as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
Ashes to Ashes, Boy Meets Girl, Carnivale, Dark Blue, Desperate Romantics, Easy Money, H2O: Just Add Water, Hope Springs, Hotel Babylon, In Plain Sight, John Adams, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Make It or Break It, Melrose Place, Missing 2009, Moving Wallpaper, Nip/Tuck, Personal Affairs, Popular, Raising the Bar, Sons of Anarchy, Southland, The Beast, The Border, The Cleaner, The Listener, The Philanthropist, The Sarah Jane Adventures, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, The Starter Wife, The Vampire Diaries, Valentine, Whistler

Action Adventure:
Life On Mars, Runaway, Rush

Comedy:
10 Things I Hate About You, About A Girl, Cupid, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Eastbound & Down, Flight of the Conchords, Hung, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Joey, Kath & Kim, Kingdom, Little Mosque On The Prairie, Parks & Recreation, Party Down, Privileged, Reno 911!, Roommates, Ruby & the Rockits, Sophie, Surviving Suburbia, The Class, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, The Loop, Weeds, Wizards Of Waverly Place, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, The Universe

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
30 Days, American Idol, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, LA Ink, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Survivor, The Hills, The Universe, Time Warp

Animation:
Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, The Goode Family

Here are the shows only in need of episode guides (thanks to spratt89, who took the time to check ):
Robot Chicken, Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Returning shows that are being cared for already:
Law & Order, Law & Order SVU, Law & Order CI, The Mentalist, Scrubs, Two & A Half Men, NCIS, Bones, Criminal Minds, 30 Rock, Chuck, Greek, Castle, Heroes, House, Lost, How I Met your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Monk, Bleach, Lie to Me, CSI, CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, Merlin, Sons of Anarchy, Dollhouse, Smallville, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Ugly Betty, Nip/Tuck, Numb3rs (and most shows w/ moderators - can't think of them all now)

2 New Shows Not Yet Added
NCIS LA, Stargate Universe

For any that already have previous seasons done, please check those forums and see how the original poster formatted the guides and follow the same pattern so they are cohesive.  Thank you.

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, and 5 for each episode guide.  Please post them here first so they can be checked and/or edited prior to posting in their respective forums, and so points can be awarded.

Reply 1105#1105 xxjujuxx's post

That's good Juju, but next time make a post 1st letting me know which show/s you'd like to do.

Great job Serena.

Hey Bala, were there returning shows you planned to continue doing episode guides for?  I'm thinking mostly of ones you've done the previous guides for.  If you know which ones they are, please list them & I'll add them to the list of the shows Adam & I plan to do.

Reply 1111#1111 spratt89's post

Thanks Adam.   And thank you Bala - I have updated my list to include both yours & Adams choices for returning shows.

Thread