Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Reply 15#15 gypsiegirl66's post

It's been amended.   Thanks for the suggestion.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 30#30 sddvasquez's post

I LOVE that one!  Farscape is a favourite of mine.

Reply 32#32 sddvasquez's post

No, and I keep checking.  I think the writer's strike put that behind too.   I've already put a request in for the webisodes when they're available, but we'll have to be more vocal when they're actually available.

p.s. I DID know that Virginia shaved her head for the first season.

Reply 34#34 sddvasquez's post

I know.  I have become what I once mocked!   I used to tease my Mum about the sci-fi she watched, now I'm the one who's a sci-fi junkie.  I never would've thought it, all those years ago.  Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Reply 47#47 bala's post

They don't have to be fancy.  Like Tina said, if they need a little polish, that's why they are posted here first for any edits that are needed.  That way they will be all in a similar format (they don't have to be exactly the same) to make it easier for newer members to find the info they need, and make the site look more uniform.  We will appreciate any work that you do.  There's plenty enough to go around.

Reply 55#55 bala's post

They all look good to me.  We'll see what Tina thinks.  The only thing you forgot was the source for Greek.  I removed the quotes because when it's next to a capital P it makes a ...even with an apostrophe.  Weird.  We'll let you know either a little later or tomorrow when to post them.  I centered the pictures, but Tina will do a last scan to make sure there isn't anything else that needs editing.  Thank you for your work.  We appreciate the effort.   Points will be awarded for everything we use.

Reply 79#79 sddvasquez's post

I removed the hideous "edit" flags from what you have done of the Seinfeld Episode Guide so far.  I also put all of season 5 in one post for you, and numbered each season starting with episode 1 - to correspond with the VIP site listings.

Reply 87#87 sddvasquez's post

Thank you sddv, I replaced the banner for Heartland with the one you made, as it was slimmer and nicer.  I'm still new at trying to create any graphics...but at least I'm trying now.   It used to intimidate me, but I know eventually I'll get it.  

Any chance you could come up with one for Close to You?  If not, it's no problem, but they do look nice with the banners.

bala - feel free to start the Buffy guides when you have time and post them here.  That way they'll be ready when it's added to the site.  Too bad we don't know what other shows are coming - we could have them ready too.  Oh well, there will always be plenty to do.

Same with an About the Show, for anyone who wants to do one for Buffy.  If you are working on one already, please post in here that you are doing one, so no one else starts the work on it.  

Thanks to all for the great work!

Reply 93#93 sddvasquez's post

Thank you!  I've used both of these banners.  They're great, and make the pages look so much nicer.

Reply 95#95 sddvasquez's post

I tried it too, and just couldn't get it to work well.  I like the Seinfeld ones better without the pics, but that's just my opinion.

Reply 97#97 bala's post

I know.  We were hoping more would give it a try - even just as a way to earn some points.  Granny Penny & kwargalla did each do one About the Show, so that helped.

BTW, you will be getting your points (so will sddv & anyone else who does anything we are able to use), I'm just low at the moment and want to save a few in case there are any quiz takers today.  I'll post a remind in Site Management about it.

Reply 103#103 sddvasquez's post

I'll have to let roca know to check out what you've done.  I'm sure she'll love it.

Reply 108#108 bala's post

Actually adding the media was Tina's idea, and LBJ really likes it.  We have been setting the new ones (those not posted yet) so that if it's a long song they don't turn on automatically - you have to press play.  That way it's not so annoying for those who don't like it.

Reply 157#157 bala's post

Check out how I edited the guide for season 6 of Buffy.  The episode numbers should correspond to those on the VIP site, so each season should start at episode 1.  Otherwise, we might as well just put a link to tv.com.  Also, please center the banners so I don't have to go back and edit that.  The rest is great.  Thanks for the continued help.

Reply 161#161 bala's post

I noticed that too.  Maybe it has something to do with the server problems they've been experiencing, but I don't know for sure.  As long as those changes are made, they will be fine to post when there's a forum for them.

Reply 163#163 bala's post

It's the weekend.  Maybe she's doing stuff with her hubby & kid.  The weather is probably nice.  It is here, but I'm exhausted and just watched the new Battlestar Galactica...YIPEE!  Now I'm going to watch a couple things I taped this week because I had house guests and wasn't able to watch my shows.  

YAY for a "bum around the house" Saturday!   

Reply 165#165 sddvasquez's post

They're all yours sddv, and thanks in advance for the help.

p.s. I hope the little one is feeling better.  I've got another bug myself and feel pretty crappy, but it's especially miserable to see a wee one sick.  They can't tell you exactly what they want or need, unlike us older whingers.

Reply 168#168 bala's post

Unless I'm on death's door, I'd just as soon be left alone when I'm ill.  The only thing I'm wishing for today is a ride to the doc instead of having to take the bus.  Other than that, I'd rather crawl back in bed and sleep the day away.

Reply 170#170 bala's post

I've got strep throat...bummer!  This is the 7th bug I've had just in this calendar year.   I had house guests all last week, and the lack of sleep and stress just wore me out.  I don't have a very strong immune system to begin with, so any added stress, either physical or emotional just does me in.

BTW, I'm likin' the new avatar.  On occasion, it's quite apt.

Reply 179#179 bala's post

These are MUCH better.   I've tweaked the banners on a few to make them a little narrower and to include the series' name.  It would be helpful if you could add the IMDb links with the actors names (even if it's just for a couple of the Abouts), as it will be added work for someone else (most likely me) if you don't.  Also, if the shows have an official site, can you add that along with the source links for where you got the descriptions - that's a copyright issue.  Thanks.

Reply 183#183 bala's post

The code isn't working in the other forums - at least not in Buffy, so it might be a day or two before all the Abouts & Guides get moved to their respective forums.

Thread