58 123
Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

About the Show Member Challenge

We have decided to give members a chance to help improve our site. As you know we would like to Change our About the Show threads to make them more uniform and informative. We know that many of you are great fans of the shows on the forum and could possibly do a much better job. Here is your chance.
We have narrowed down 2 templates to choose from The X-files and Stargate Atlantis. You are welcome to improve upon them but your improvements may not be used. Be sure to list your references. Do not post it in the forum. Post it here. If yours is chosen you will be awarded 5 points and if part is chosen you will be awarded 2 points. Here is a link to the Discuz Code. This will help you understand how to add pictures and links. Have fun, We look forward to seeing what you come up with. And if you have any Questions be sure to ask.

Reply 2#2 sddvasquez's post

Both and Shows that are missing one.

Reply 4#4 munch's post

The signature is so the person who did all the work is recognized for it and your suggestions are interesting why not be part of the challenge and get to work on that. Pick a show you feel needs a better About the Show and get to work.

or The shows main Fansite or some shows still have an official webpage

Reply 8#8 munch's post

I can see that.

Reply  10#10 dognxtdoor's post
I think we can just disable it. That is if a majority find it distracting.

Reply  11#11 sddvasquez's post
I like them to.

Reply 13#13 casper27's post

Thanks, I was just telling everyone in a less obvious way.

This challenge is open for anyone wanting to earn points without doing quizzes or watching shows.
Go check my latest updates in Big Love, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate SG-1 for examples on how to do it.
And please if you have questions on how I did something don't hesitate to ask. Also just because a show has an about show thread doesn't mean it is up to par. Thanks

Reply 24#24 sddvasquez's post

I know Trulee loves Naruto but she is not the Mod for those forums. Go ahead and post those 2. I am sure she as well as the other fans will love what you have done.

Reply 45#45 bala's post

hers were posted here 1st. Why not check other shows that are missing guides look at the format that we like and do some others. Just post them here 1st so we can either approve them right away or make some minor edits.

Reply 47#47 bala's post

Here episode guides are not fancy just organized you can do that, go look at mine in big love or entourage minus season 1 when I was a newbie trying to help without photo bucket

you can even add small pictures to each episodes,
if something is worth doing it is worth doing right!

Bala, So far so good. What do you think of adding a link to the vip page to watch it. Also I know it is almost impossible to add a picture for each episode but could you add a few for each show and make them all the same size. I think it sets a nice tone{your Robin Hood guide gave me the idea so kick yourself } Also if you find the episode descripion really short perhaps find another source that provides at least 2 or 3 sentances for the same episode. What do you think Everyone?

Reply 76#76 bala's post

ok just resize the last picture to match robin hood and center the other banners also heartland's photo is too big.

New Amsterdam and aliens in America Have about show post done by Redsoxpatriot30.

Looks awesome, are you going to post it or do you need us to?

Reply 144#144 sddvasquez's post

Wow that looks amazing but where is Angel/Angelus in your pic bio's you can repeat the same stuff from Angel.

Reply 146#146 sddvasquez's post

ok you win.

Reply 157#157 bala's post

Looking Good. You guys are really racking up the points. here is an updated list of what needs to be done to complete the about the show threads.
Drama:
CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Damages, Dexter, Dirty Sexy Money, Friday Night Lights , Grey's Anatomy, Hidden Palms, Hustle , Life As We Know It, New Tricks, Nip/Tuck, Oz, Rescue Me, Six Feet Under, Shark, South of Nowhere, The Black Donnellys, The L Word, The Sopranos
Action Adventure:
Airwolf, Brotherhood, Burn Notice, City Homicide, Criminal Minds, Prison Break, Spooks , Xena: Warrior Princess
Comedy:
Friends, Greek, Monk, Psych, Pushing Daisies, Reaper, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Seinfeld, The IT Crowd, The Office,Ugly Betty, Weeds
Animation:
Bleach, South Park

I agree with Barb it is a good almost finished About the show post

Drama:
CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Damages, Dirty Sexy Money, Friday Night Lights , Grey's Anatomy, Hidden Palms, Hustle, Life As We Know It, Mad Men, New Tricks, Nip/Tuck, Oz, Rescue Me, Six Feet Under, Shark, South of Nowhere, The Black Donnellys, The L Word, The Sopranos
Action Adventure:
Airwolf, Brotherhood, Burn Notice, City Homicide, Criminal Minds, New Amsterdam, Prison Break, Spooks, Xena: Warrior Princess
Comedy:
Aliens in America, Friends, Greek, Monk, Psych, Pushing Daisies, Reaper, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Seinfeld, The IT Crowd, The Office,Ugly Betty, Weeds
Sci-Fi:
Done
Animation:
Bleach, South Park

58 123
Thread