Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

I've done what i can so far ,i'm fed up with dealing with pictures since they really mess up episode guide, i think it's easy to have a simple episode guide with banner on top and simple text containing information of the episode

once you add picture the content become focus on the media not the text. most episode guides on the internet are plain text and i think it better if we keep it very simple and neat. it's really up to you but i can tell you adding pictures just made episode guide pointless since eyes focused on picture not content.

Aim of doing this it to make it easy to understand which i think achieved.

now i'm waiting to see which ones you pick.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-26-2008 20:14 ]

Over the past 50 years, thousands of people disappeared. Now the missing have returned.

The 4400 ran for four seasons from 2004 until its cancellation in 2007.

the story:
In the pilot episode, what is originally thought to be a comet deposits a group of exactly 4400 people at Highland Beach, in the Cascade Range foothills near Mount Rainier, Washington. All of the 4400 disappeared at various times starting over the past 50 years. On their return none have aged, all are disoriented, and they remember nothing between the time of their disappearance and their return.

The National Threat Assessment Command (NTAC), a division of the Department of Homeland Security, is in charge of dealing with the return of the 4400. Many of the returned people have trouble trying to get their lives back on track after being separated from their world for years. More significantly, a small number of the returnees begin to manifest paranormal abilities, such as telekinesis, telepathy, and precognition. The first season finale reveals who abducted the 4400 and that they were returned to avert a catastrophe.

The second season explains that all 4400 have a neurotransmitter in their brains called promicin, which gives them their powers. The government, afraid of what this large group would do with such power, secretly doses all 4400 with a promicin-inhibitor which works on most of the 4400. As a side effect, the inhibitor causes a potentially fatal immune deficiency.

During the third and fourth season it is revealed that only a certain faction wants to see history changed. Another faction, which prefers the status quo, opposes the 4400, and has sent their own agents, including Isabelle Tyler and “The Marked” into operation. The exact motives of both factions are not yet revealed.

Eventually, Jordan Collier, who declares himself the savior of humanity, makes promicin shots available to the general public. However, only half of the human population can actually tolerate promicin, and thus develop superhuman abilities, while the other half die upon taking the shot.

the main cast:
Jacqueline McKenzieDiana Skouris
Joel GretschTom Baldwin
Patrick FluegerShawn Farrell
Conchita CampbellMaia Rutledge
Chad FaustKyle Baldwin
Richard KahanMarco Pacella
Mahershalalhashbaz Ali Richard Tyler

info compiled from wikipedia.org

Episode Guides:
season 1
season 2
season 3
season 4

start watching!
if you’re not a vip member yet and want to find out how to watch The 4400 on this site, please go here

Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 5/5 use/excellence bonus 3-28-2008 11:41

A young author returns to his hometown to face the people he based his first book on.

the story:
Nick Garrett left home ten years ago to go backpacking in Europe for a few weeks and find himself. He left behind his girlfriend Hannah, best friend Eddie, and his family. The brief trip ended up lasting for a decade. Garrett is now a famous author and screenwriter living in New York City. Between the parties, social engagements, and living in a beautiful loft-style apartment, Garrett is suffering from writer's block.

His agent books him to do a one-day writing seminar at the local college in his picturesque hometown of Knights Ridge, Massachusetts. Nick is excited about coming home, but realizes the feeling isn't completely mutual although his family and most of his friends welcome him back effusively. When he decides to return home permanently he has to face the fact that nothing will ever be the same again.

the main cast:
Bryan GreenbergNick Garrett
Laura PreponHannah Daniels
Tom BerengerThe Commander
Geoff StultsEddie Latekka
Jay PaulsonPhysical Phil
Evan JonesIkey
Slade PearceSam
Brad William Henke Owen Rowan
Odette YustmanAubrey
Warren ChristieRay ‘Big Cat’ Cataldo
Rebecca FieldJanet Meadows

info compiled from wikipedia.org and the imdb

start watching!
if you’re not a vip member yet and want to find out how to watch October Road on this site, please go here

Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 5/5 use/excellence bonus 3-28-2008 11:04

Reply 79#79 sddvasquez's post

I removed the hideous "edit" flags from what you have done of the Seinfeld Episode Guide so far.  I also put all of season 5 in one post for you, and numbered each season starting with episode 1 - to correspond with the VIP site listings.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 84#84 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks i will do what you said-i'm free this week too much time on my hands and thanks for the points.

UPDATE

I'M done i finished season2-5 pictures for andromeda unfortunately i couldn't get them all the same size nothing i can do about it because i can't edit the images anymore. i spend a day and half try sort it out but with no luck

here are some banners for you, bala
(i told you i'd work on a heartland for you!)

(it's big shotS, not big shot)

(tv.com's banner was horrible so i just redid it altogether)

i can shrink them if they're too long but i thought it'd be nice to have their name easily visible. i can still get you a standoff and joan of arcadia in a bit.
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Reply 87#87 sddvasquez's post

you really didn't need to i used barbs heartland banner

already had it done. we were out at the museum all day so i couldn't post it earlier.

Reply 89#89 sddvasquez's post

i used some of them,greek and big shots and dirt were one i chose to use out of the list.

i going keep the rest-i will let you about the show-i will take episode guide.

i got buffy one planned

Reply 87#87 sddvasquez's post

Thank you sddv, I replaced the banner for Heartland with the one you made, as it was slimmer and nicer.  I'm still new at trying to create any graphics...but at least I'm trying now.   It used to intimidate me, but I know eventually I'll get it.  

Any chance you could come up with one for Close to You?  If not, it's no problem, but they do look nice with the banners.

bala - feel free to start the Buffy guides when you have time and post them here.  That way they'll be ready when it's added to the site.  Too bad we don't know what other shows are coming - we could have them ready too.  Oh well, there will always be plenty to do.

Same with an About the Show, for anyone who wants to do one for Buffy.  If you are working on one already, please post in here that you are doing one, so no one else starts the work on it.  

Thanks to all for the great work!

yes! i'll do buffy!! (just finishing up angel so they'll be perfect together) finally, the slayer is coming!

edit: had to double that you meant close to home - already got it, just wanted to make sure it didn't have a fancy font to go with it. i'll put it up after dinner.

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 3-27-2008 20:34 ]

alrighty, two others

Recent Ratings

Reply 93#93 sddvasquez's post

Thank you!  I've used both of these banners.  They're great, and make the pages look so much nicer.

Reply #94 waterlilybarb's post

no prob. i also see what bala is saying about so many pictures in the episode guides being a little distracting. seinfeld wiki didn't have a clip for each episode so i put a few in on season six to see what it would look like. is it better all or some or none? season six link

Reply 95#95 sddvasquez's post

I tried it too, and just couldn't get it to work well.  I like the Seinfeld ones better without the pics, but that's just my opinion.

It look like this will continued work in progress-it impossible to finish everything-it only me and SSQ doing this-no other member seem want to do this

Reply 97#97 bala's post

I know.  We were hoping more would give it a try - even just as a way to earn some points.  Granny Penny & kwargalla did each do one About the Show, so that helped.

BTW, you will be getting your points (so will sddv & anyone else who does anything we are able to use), I'm just low at the moment and want to save a few in case there are any quiz takers today.  I'll post a remind in Site Management about it.

Reply 98#98 waterlilybarb's post

i know-don't worry about it-1 quiz has ended robin hood finishes on sunday which leave only 1.

About 24 (My Version)

Every Second Counts.

Sometimes the men sworn to keep us safe...are the most dangerous of all.

STORY:
24 is presented in real time, with each season depicting a 24-hour period in the life of Jack Bauer, who works with the U.S. government as it fights threats on U.S. soil. Bauer is often in the field for the fictional Los Angeles Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) as they try to safeguard the nation from terrorist threats. The show also follows the actions of other CTU agents, government officials and terrorists associated with the plot. The first six seasons of the show were all based in Los Angeles and nearby locations - both real and fictional - in California, although occasionally other locations have been featured as well - most notably, Washington, D.C., where a significant portion of the action took place during the fourth and sixth seasons. Promotional materials for the seventh season have already established that, departing from tradition, it will be set primarily in Washington, D.C.

CAST:
ACTORSCHARACTERS
Kiefer SutherlandJack Bauer
Mary Lynn RajskubChloe O'Brian
Carlos BernardTony Almeida
Dennis HaysbertPresident David Palmer
James MorrisonBill Buchanan
Elisha CuthbertKim Bauer
Reiko AylesworthMichelle Dessler
Jude CiccolellaMike Novick
Kim RaverAudrey Raines
D.B. WoodsideWayne Palmer
Roger R. CrossCurtis Manning
Penny JohnsonSherry Palmer
Glenn MorshowerAaron Pierce
Louis LombardiEdgar Stiles
Gregory ItzinPresident Charles Logan
Sarah ClarkeNina Myers

WHY WATCH THIS SHOW?:
24 is an Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning United States television series. Broadcast by Fox Network in the USA and syndicated worldwide, the show first aired on November 6, 2001, with an initial thirteen episodes. Because of the "real-time" storytelling approach to 24, and the series' willingness to directly address the threat of terrorism, the implementation of torture as a way to acquire information and the use and misuse of government authority, the series has generated a sizeable critical reaction.

Visit the Official Site:
descriptions taken from www.imdb.com & wikipedia
image from photobucket

WATCH IT HERE
If you’re not a VIP member yet and want to find out how to watch 24 on this site, please go here.

contributed by bala & waterlilybarb

Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +10 Good job! posted! 4-2-2008 18:58

Thread