Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Reply 260#260 redsoxpatriot30's post

Don't worry, all fine... I only thought that it was missing and I would have volunteered to do it, but you did a good job as well...

Updated List:

Drama:
Dirty Sexy Money, Friday Night Lights, Hustle, Mad Men, New Tricks, Nip/Tuck, Oz, Rescue Me, Shark, The Black Donnellys, The L Word, The Sopranos, Dead Like Me, Hotel Babylon

Action Adventure:
Deadwood

Comedy:
Greek, Monk, Psych, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, The IT Crowd, The Office, Ugly Betty

Sci-Fi:
DONE!

Animation:
South Park, X-Men: Evolution

Just for reference South Park, The L Word, Secret Diary of a Call Girl & Nip/Tuck are already spoken for.
So are Mad Men & Rescue Me (Gypsy)
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 261#261 KaitlynReynolds's post

Is there another show you'd like to do?  We'd love the help, if it's on offer.   Or, if you'd rather try an episode guide, check shows you like to see if they are in need and let us know which of those you'd like to do.

Reply 263#263 waterlilybarb's post

I did see that Torchwood is still missing the episode guide for season 2, but 01torres did it for season 1, so I guess she/he (sorry, no idea...) should carry on with the next season...

I'm afraid I don't watch any of the other shows, so I basically have no idea about them and that makes it a little difficult to post an 'About the Show'...

Reply 264#264 KaitlynReynolds's post

You are welcome to do the season 2 episode guide for Torchwood.  I'm sure torres (he's a guy) would appreciate the help.

I just saw that 'Brothers and Sisters' is missing an episode guide for both seasons. There is an 'About the Show', unpinned though. Any chance I could do those episode guides? That's a show I watch...

Torchwood Season 2 Episode Guide

Episode Guide Season 2

1. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
A conflicted Torchwood team is surprised to see Captain Jack suddenly return to their lives, and though he tries to come back as if nothing had happened, Jack soon finds that some things have changed since his disappearance. There's little time for explanations, though, as a mysterious stranger from Jack's past steps through the rift, and he's on a mission that only the Torchwood team can help him finish. But it becomes quickly clear that Captain John Hart is not all he claims to be, and as usual, Captain Jack Harkness has some secrets of his own.

2. Sleeper
When a burglary turns into a slaughter, Torchwood suspect alien involvement. However, when the investigation escalates into a city-wide assault, Captain Jack realises that the whole planet is in danger.

3. To The Last Man
A soldier from 1918, being kept cryogenically frozen by Torchwood, is being woken up for one day each year. But something's different this year. His time is colliding with ours, and he needs to go, although Toshiko isn't so sure whether she wants him to.

4. Meat
Conflicts abound when a truck owned by Rhys's trucking company is investigated by Torchwood... and Rhys is there to see it. The meat it carries is tainted, or is it even meat at all? Rhys does a little investigating of his own, and might have something to contribute to the team this time around. But he's no longer sure who he can trust anymore. And can Gwen and the team trust him?

5. Adam
Torchwood encounter an alien called Adam who can change memories. Things take a turn for the worse as Jack is haunted by memories of his brother, Gwen struggles to remember Rhys, Owen professes his love for Toshiko, and Toshiko becomes convinced that she loved Adam. It takes Jack's love of Ianto to reveal the truth, but there's always a price to pay.

6. Reset
Jack calls in an old friend for a favour, none other than Martha Jones, as they attempt to stop a pharmaceutical facility that uses aliens in the hope of discovering a cure for all diseases.

7. Dead Man Walking
Captain Jack resurrects Owen with a resurrection glove, only to find out that the new glove isn't quite what they'd bargained for. Owen, in an undead state, helps the team figure out why he's still around.

8. A Day in the Death
Owen is determined to find absolution, can the girl on the rooftop help? How about retrieving an alien device? And will Toshiko help him?

9. Something Borrowed
Gwen's hen night and wedding do not go according to plan, when an alien shapeshifter intervenes and Jack must destroy the big day.

10. From Out of the Rain
An old cinema reopens and mysterious horrors of the past return to Cardiff. Why are people trapped between life and death? Questions are asked about the Night Travellers, and what Torchwood can do to stop them.

11. Adrift
When a local teenager disappears Gwen is drawn into an investigation that reveals a darker side of Torchwood. Hundreds of people have disappeared without trace, but why is Jack obstructing attempts to find them? The answer seems to lie in the rift, and as Gwen follows the trail she makes a shocking discovery.

12. Fragments
As the team are knocked unconscious we find out how Jack, Toshiko, Ianto and Owen were initiated into Torchwood.

13. Exit Wounds
Captain John Hart returns to wreak havoc upon Jack's world, who ends up getting captured. It is up to the Torchwood team to rescue him and save the city. Will they all survive?

Sources: tv.com; imdb.com

Happy Viewing!

[ Last edited by KaitlynReynolds at 5-5-2008 00:54 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 Used! Thank you for helping. :) 5-4-2008 15:02

Reply 267#267 KaitlynReynolds's post

Nice job!  I changed the image to a narrower banner in the thread, but everything else is you.   We appreciate the assistance.

Reply #262 waterlilybarb's post

Oh no...I forgot! Somewhere I made an About for Damages...I'll find the link... It was like 2 months ago...

Here's the link for a SM to put up...post #96 on 3-30-08.
http://www.friendvista.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5524&extra=page%3D1&page=5

[ Last edited by redsoxpatriot30 at 5-4-2008 20:10 ]

Reply 269#269 redsoxpatriot30's post

You also did Aliens in America!  You have to remind us, because there's so much being done, that things can ge overlooked.  I hope sddv hasn't already been working on it.    I'll have to let linauri know that Aliens in America is already finished too.  It must have been when both Tina & I were out off commission for a few days.  Nice job, BTW.

Reply #270 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks...and sorry about that. I am pretty sure those were the only two I did that didn't get posted... I apologize sddv for not remembering earlier... I know you put a lot of time into these and the episode guides...

Reply 266#266 KaitlynReynolds's post

Sorry I missed that post earlier Kaitlyn.  Please, go ahead and do the episode guides for Brothers & Sisters.  The unpinned About is almost up to scratch, so I'll just tidy it up.  Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I'm just compiling my episode guides for 'Brothers and Sisters', but when I want to post it, it keeps telling me that the post is too long. Problem being, I can't make it any shorter and I have seen that there are other guides (Gilmore Girls for example) which are even longer... HELP!

Reply 273#273 KaitlynReynolds's post

there is 1000 character limit for member only moderator can exceed it

Reply 274#274 bala's post

Thanks a lot for the answer, then it looks like I'm stuck for now...

Reply 275#275 KaitlynReynolds's post

No your not just edit so fit under 1000 characters-it's very easy take out every last sentence in the episode guide and you should have no problem-that what i did with buffy guides.

Reply 276#276 bala's post

I already took out everything I could. Would I take out even more, it would be just crap and not complete. That's not what a good episode guide should be about...

Reply 277#277 KaitlynReynolds's post

OH right i just assumed you didn't take anything out.

So there one other option is split into 2 comments ?

It's for two seasons, so it already is split. One post for each season. Would it look bad to split one season in two posts?

Reply 273#273 KaitlynReynolds's post

Post it separated, you can even add back the things you took out if you like (but don't worry if you don't).  Then I can edit it together for you.  I've done that before, and it's no problem at all.   Check out sddv's Kyle XY episode guides on pages 2 & 3 of this thread for an example.

Thread