Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

UPDATED LIST:

Drama:
Damages, Dirty Sexy Money, Friday Night Lights, Hustle, Life As We Know It, Mad Men, New Tricks, Nip/Tuck, Oz, Rescue Me, Six Feet Under, Shark, The Black Donnellys, The L Word, The Sopranos
Action Adventure:
DONE!
Comedy:
Aliens in America, Friends, Greek, Monk, Psych, Pushing Daisies,  Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Seinfeld, The IT Crowd, The Office,Ugly Betty, Weeds
Sci-Fi:
DONE!
Animation:
South Park

sddvasquez is already working on Weeds, Damages, South Park & Seinfeld

Also, Milks is going to do The L Word & Nip/Tuck.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

1. Doing The Backstroke
Celia gets Silas to make a confession and he gets arrested. Nancy goes in search of both of her sons while trying not to get shot by either U-Turn or the Armenians. Dean and Doug have a talk about their marriages. Andy gets punched in the face.

2. A Pool and His Money
Sanjay has a new experience. Nancy gets bruised. Conrad won't do what U-Turn wants him to. Lupita still won't follow orders. Heylia's out to handle a few things. The Amber Alert is still out on Shane. Andy gets in trouble with a couple who make him for a child molester. Silas gets to talk to Shane. Celia is still having problems with her husband and daughter. Doug begs Celia to forgive him.

3. The Brick Dance
Conrad and Heylia find a new grow house. Celia attempts to bond with Isabel, while U-Turn forces Nancy to run a dangerous errand.

4. Sh*t Highway
The DEA continues to probe Nancy's life to figure out what happened to Peter. Shane helps Nancy get a job. Someone asks the city council for a favor on behalf of Majestic. Conrad and Heylia set up their new grow house. Silas runs into Pam while performing his community service.

5. Bill Sussman
After going AWOL from the military Andy turns up in camouflage. The city council works with Sullivan. Shane goes to summer school in Majestic. Nancy's involvement with U-Turn becomes more entrenched and Silas has business ideas. Sullivan asks Nancy to hold a cocktail party.

6. Grasshopper
Silas makes a new friend, played by the smokin' hot Mary-Kate Olsen; Nancy's conflict with Conrad and Heylia comes to a head; and Nancy finds herself charged with the task of making peace between Agrestic and Majestic.

7. He Taught Me How To Drive By
With U-Turn's timely demise Nancy and Conrad check the status on their debts and then they check in with each other. Someone is pregnant and they are keeping it. Doug continues to try to sabotage Celia and Celia continues to sabotage Nancy. Nancy celebrates something. Silas begins spending more time with Tara.

8. The Two Mrs. Scottsons
Celia and Sullivan step up their relationship. Andy gets more involved in a different business. Silas and Tara begin working together. Shane and Isabelle spend time together. Nancy meets Peter's other ex-wife, Valerie.

9. Release the Hounds
Doug and Sullivan fight over a golf membership and Doug get some revenge. Nancy spends time with Valerie, who considers her an “insane stalker person”. Conrad and Silas spend time together. Dean is injured and hospitalized. Tara tries to get deeper into Nancy's business.

10. Roy Till Called
Nancy's up and running again until someone betrays her and sends in the DEA. Celia spends more time with Dean. Doug has ethics decisions to make.

11. Cankles
Nancy discovers who betrayed her and finds out she's being trailed. Some people lose their jobs. Silas discovers something about Tara. Shane installs a security system.

12. The Dark Time
Andy and Dean play murderball. Nancy ponders a new venture while Heylia and Conrad must abandon theirs. Doug sinks to an all-time low.

13. Risk
Nancy tries out a new source but it doesn't go so well. Conrad and Nancy are having some good interplay. Heylia and Vaneeta like the new neighborhood. Celia is angry.

14. Protection
Nancy has another full week of trouble to deal with and Doug isn't helping. Heylia teaches Celia.

15. Go
As the wildfire approaches, everyone must evacuate. Nancy tells her family to pack up, while Conrad and Heylia must say goodbye to the growhouse. The authorities question Sullivan and Celia, while Shane continues to ask Nancy about Pittsburgh. As Andy deals at the evacuation center, Silas realizes the truth about Tara.
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +5 Done! 5-2-2008 06:36

this can be pasted right into janenjab's episode guide here
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Putting the Herb in the Suburb.

the story:
Prior to the start of the series, housewife Nancy Botwin’s husband Judah dies unexpectedly of a heart attack while jogging. The Botwin’s live in an affluent suburb of LA called Agrestic and keeping up with the Joneses is a daily routine. Nancy begins dealing marijuana to locals to support her upper middle-class lifestyle. The series exposes the dirty little secrets that lie behind the pristine lawns and shiny closed doors of homes in their gated community and introduces characters (philosophizing drug dealers and thugs from the Armenian mafia) and situations (how to earn the respect of your supplier and the dangers of having a boyfriend who’s a DEA agent) that would never have registered on Nancy’s radar in her earlier life.  

season four:
Showtime has confirmed a fourth season – at least 13 episodes – of Weeds (hooray!). It is currently scheduled to debut on Monday, June 16, 2008. The plot is rumored to revolve around Nancy relocating her family (and her business) from her burned down Agrestic neighborhood to the beach town of Ren Mar on the San Diego/Mexico border.

the main cast:
Mary-Louise ParkerNancy Botwin
Tonye PatanoHeylia James
Romany MalcoConrad Shepard
Kevin NealonDoug Wilson
Elizabeth PerkinsCelia Hodes
Alexander GouldShane Botwin
Hunter ParrishSilas Botwin
Justin KirkAndy Botwin

info compiled from wikipedia.org, tv.com, and imdb.com

Episode Guides:
season 1
season 2
season 3

it’s the same but it’s not the same: no, you’re not the only one who appreciates the irony that a song about people acting all the same is interpreted in so many unique ways! go to this thread for a brief overview of the most different renditions of the theme song from the first three seasons and vote for your favorite (there’s also a link to the showtime site that has almost all of the versions in their entirety). Here’s the original for kicks:

start watching!
if you’re not a vip member yet and want to find out how to watch Weeds on this site, please go here

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 5-4-2008 01:43 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Just noticed you weren't awarded the po 6-3-2008 09:45

UPDATED LIST INCLUDING NEW SHOWS

UPDATED LIST:

Drama:
Damages, Dirty Sexy Money, Friday Night Lights, Hustle, Life As We Know It, Mad Men, New Tricks, Nip/Tuck, Oz, Rescue Me, Six Feet Under, Shark, The Black Donnellys, The L Word, The Sopranos, Dead Like Me, Hotel Babylon

Action Adventure:
Deadwood

Comedy:
Aliens in America, Greek, Monk, Psych, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, The IT Crowd, The Office, Ugly Betty

Sci-Fi:
DONE!

Animation:
South Park, X-Men: Evolution

Just for reference Damages, South Park, The L Word, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Aliens in America, Dead Like Me & Nip/Tuck are already spoken for.

OOPS, I mean Almost.

Reply 246#246 gabsimom's post

Well this update came as surprise but at least it keeps us busy instead complaining about today show update which smart move for the site.

It’s a show about nothing.
Seinfeld ran for nine seasons between 1989 and 1998.

the story:
In this “show about nothing”, most episodes focus on the minutiae of daily life such as waiting in line at the movies, going out for dinner, buying a suit, and coping with the petty injustices of life. Some viewers see the world view presented in Seinfeld as somewhat consistent with the philosophy of nihilism, the view that life is pointless. In most episodes, one story thread is presented at the beginning, involving the characters in separate and unrelated situations. Rapid scene-shifts between story lines move the story forward. By Season 4, the episodes ended by having all of the separate story lines converge—often unexpectedly.

The show kept a strong sense of continuity—characters and plots from past episodes were frequently referenced or expanded upon. Occasionally, story arcs would span multiple episodes and even entire seasons. Seinfeld stood apart from other sitcoms of the time for not placing a shred of importance on the characters learning moral lessons. In effect, the characters are often morally indifferent or callous. It was often said that the mantra of the show's producers was: "No hugging, no learning."

the main cast:
Jerry Seinfeld

Jerry Seinfeld

Jerry is the show's central character who comes across as a "clean freak". In the show, Jerry makes a living as a stand-up comedian. His apartment is the center of a world visited by his eccentric friends. He is often seen as "the voice of reason" amid all the insanity generated by the people in his world. While seemingly the 'normal' one amongst his friends, his character's neurosis reveals itself in his obsessive cleanliness, narcissism, and steadfast immaturity.
Jason Alexander

George Costanza

George is Jerry's best friend since school. He is cheap, dishonest, and often jealous of others' achievements. He is often portrayed as a loser who is insecure about his capabilities. He often lies about his profession, relationship, and almost everything else, which usually creates trouble for him later. George was once succinctly described by Elaine as a "short, stocky, slow-witted, bald man". He often does questionable things which others might also do but often gets caught in the act.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Elaine Benes

Elaine is intelligent and assertive, but superficial. She sometimes has a tendency to be very honest with people, which often gets her into trouble. She often gets caught up in her boyfriends' habits, her eccentric employers' unusual demands, and the unkindness of total strangers. She used to date Jerry, and remains his close friend. One of Elaine's trademark maneuvers is her forceful shove when she receives good or shocking news while using her catch phrase "get out!". She is seen as the intellectual stronghold of the group of friends.
Michael Richards

Cosmo Kramer

Kramer is Jerry's "wacky neighbor" and friend. His trademarks include his humorous upright pompador hairstyle, vintage clothing, and his energetic sliding bursts through Jerry's apartment door. Elaine refers to him as a 'hipster doofus'. At times he acts naive, dense, and almost child-like, yet randomly shows astonishing insight into human behavior. He often dreams of ridiculous schemes to make money, some of which include a pizza place where "you make your own pie", a cologne that smells like "the beach", authoring a coffee-table book about coffee-tables, and designing a brassiere for men.

info compiled from wikipedia.org and the imdb

Episode Guides:
seasons 1-9

start watching!
if you’re not a vip member yet and want to find out how to watch Seinfeld on this site, please go here

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 5-4-2008 00:27 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 Another one overlooked - we've slipped 6-3-2008 09:46

Reply 248#248 sddvasquez's post

Very cool!  I like it very much.    

BTW, I edited the Seinfeld episode guides so each season is in one post, and I removed the images from the one that you didn't like.   That's part of my to-do list crossed off.

Do we need to let you know which show we want to work on, or just do it and post to this thread?

Reply 250#250 linauri's post

To make sure no one beats you to it, post which show or shows you would like to do, then when you're ready, post your efforts in this thread.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with.  We LOVE to see members getting involved and helping out.

Reply 251#251 waterlilybarb's post

Cool! In that case, I'd like to take a shot at "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" and possibly "Aliens in America" (it's surprisingly interesting ) Hope I can figure out what I'm doing!

Reply 252#252 linauri's post

if you need any help you can ask me

Reply 252#252 linauri's post

Feel free to ask me too, if you get stuck.  HERE'S a link that explains how to create a table for the actor/character lists, just in case you don't know how.  Also, it's helpful if you can put links for the actors to either their IMDb or wikipedia profile.  Have fun!  I can't wait to see what you do.

Reply #252 linauri's post

i'm going to pm you some guidelines that i follow and i'd be happy to help with any graphics you might need.  

waterlilybarb, i'm going to start with the south park episode guides so that i have the reference for the "about" thread. don't worry about sewing them together yet - it might take a while.
i've added the banner graphic and connected the links on the seinfeld episode guides. i think they're done but i'll still double check after i finish south park and damages.

Wow! Everyone's so helpful. I'm still a bit nervous about doing this justice, but now I'm just really excited! Thanks everyone!

Reply 255#255 sddvasquez's post

Sounds good.  I'll wait until I hear from you.    Also, feel free to post the Weeds & Seinfeld abouts when they are completed to your satisfaction.  They're both great.

just a few more things and they'll be ready to put up (i think i can get the text in seinfeld down a bit more still). thanks for keeping track of everything and putting on the finishing touches!

I'd like to work on the 'About the Show' of 'Pushing Daisies' if no-one else does so far...

Reply #259 KaitlynReynolds's post

Sorry...I just did it and now am just seeing your post... Sorry about that...

Thread