Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Reply 219#219 Milks26's post

She is, and I've added the ones she already working on in Tina's updated post.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 220#220 bala's post

Tina, torres, redsoxpatriot and I have done a great many of the "Abouts".  Then, Tina & I also get to edit anything that isn't quite up to standard.  You & sddvasquez have helped immensely, and I too wish more members would help out - even if they only were able to do one, but you should be a little more careful of your wording.  Saying that you appreciate the help the mods did greatly reduced your work is actually backwards.  The work you and other members have done has reduced OUR workload.  We appreciate it, but we're working hard too.

p.s.  The tarsier is the pic in her avatar.  I really don't think sddv is a tarsier herself.

Reply 222#222 waterlilybarb's post

I know she's not the Tasier...but that was the only thing I could remember to use, so that others would know who I was referring to.

From now on I'll use Sddv or vasquez.

Bala Yes, it's hard when ppl don't have simple names, and you can't remember how to spell it when you have to.....

But usernames are all part of keeping anonymity, so you have to expect wierd names....and yes, some users have some very interesting names on here.

I keep it simple...Milks

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 4-16-2008 06:01 ]

Reply 222#222 waterlilybarb's post

Sorry i still need to phase my words more carefully .

I'm happy that we can help you mods

[ Last edited by bala at 4-16-2008 10:03 ]

Reply 223#223 Milks26's post

i like to keep it simple as well

Season 8 Guide

Episode 1: Within
New Deputy Director Kersh has Agent John Doggett investigate the missing Mulder case. Doggett's skeptical treatment of Mulder's disappearance puts a thorn in Scully and Skinner's sides.

Episode 2: Without
Scully leads Skinner and an unhappy Doggett to Arizona to protect Gibson Praise from an Alien Bounty Hunter disguised as the missing Mulder.

Episode 3: Patience
Scully isn't exactly warm to Doggett on their first X-File together in which they investigate a human bat.

Episode 4: Roadrunners
Doggett is a little dismayed when Scully investigates a murder in a barely inhabited town in Utah without him. When Scully's car breaks down and she finds the town people aren't as sweet as they seem she struggles to find a way out of the demented town.

Episode 5: Invocation
Doggett and Scully once again butt heads on their latest X-File which involves a boy who has returned after being missing for ten years but still appears to be seven years old, the age he was the day he was abducted.

Episode 6: Redrum
A man lives the most recent 5 days of his life backwards and finds out that he is the main suspect in the murder of his wife.

Episode 7: Via Negativa
While Scully tends to her secret, Doggett and Skinner team up to track a cult leader who may be a psychic assassin.

Episode 8: Surekill
Doggett and Scully deal with a killer who may have X-Ray vision.

Episode 9: Salvage
A man believed to be dead from Gulf War Syndrome comes back to life and slowly turns into metal.

Episode 10: Badlaa
A small Indian man on a creaky cart is believed to have the ability to leap into people's bodies.

Episode 11: The Gift
Scully and Doggett investigate a case Mulder was working on before he disappeared involving a family and a monster straight from Native American lore.

Episode 12: Medusa
Doggett takes to the Boston subways to try to figure out where a deadly virus that is killing citizens is coming from.

Episode 13: Per Manum
Scully stumbles upon a woman whose abductee experience and symptoms are amazingly similar. The fear now is that both their upcoming births will be to non-human offspring.

Episode 14: This Is Not Happening
Jeremiah Smith appears out of nowhere and formerly dead abductees are coming back to life, giving Scully and Skinner the idea that Mulder may have a shot at still being alive.

Episode 15: Deadalive
Billy Miles, thought dead, is found alive and Scully still thinks the still-dead Mulder can come back to life; meanwhile Skinner comes in contact with Krycek who may have a clue as to what exactly is happening with these dead-alive abductees.

Episode 16: Three Words
A man is shot on the White House lawn with a disk titled "Fight the Future"; Mulder, on the brink of expulsion from the X-Files, investigates while Doggett uses an old friend from the military, Knowle Rohrer, as an insider to the possibility of a conspiracy.

Episode 17: Empedocles
When some of us are vulnerable we can let pure evil come inside us, like in the case of a recently fired worker. But does the evil inside him have a connection to the murder of Doggett's son Luke?

Episode 18: Vienen
Doggett and Mulder unwillingly team up investigating an oil rig where some mysterious murders have happened and the possibility of the Black Cancer being involved is a haunting reality.

Episode 19: Alone
A bizarre reptilian creature captures Doggett and his new Mulder-obsessed partner underground and only a X-Files deposed Mulder can help them.

Episode 20: Essence
The X-Files team must protect Agent Scully and her unborn child as groups of Super Soldiers try to stop her pregnancy.

Episode 21: Existence
Agents Mulder, Doggett and Skinner investigate (along with Alex Krycek) the Super Soldier conspiracy, while Scully goes into hiding to have her child.

SOURCE

WATCH IT HERE

[ Last edited by bala at 4-17-2008 09:18 ]
Recent Ratings

Season 9 guide

Episode 1: Nothing Important Happened Today
Doggett's investigation of Kersh and the FBI isn't making him any friends, especially Brad Follmer, a new Assistant Director who has a romantic past with Reyes. Meanwhile Scully denies to tell anyone where Mulder has gone while a female super soldier is on the loose and may give Doggett the clues he needs to make his point known.

Episode 2: Nothing Important Happened Today II
While Reyes and Skinner try to convince him otherwise, Doggett practically goes rogue for his own pursuit of the Truth. His findings, and help from the female super soldier Shannon McMahon, may lead to answers critical to the status and health of William Scully. But Knowle Rohrer is back from 'the dead' and stands in their way.

Episode 3: Dæmonicus
A professor/inmate in a psychiatric ward may be influencing other men to kill ritualistically. Though Doggett sees it as pure manipulation, Reyes can't help but suspect none else but the devil himself possessing the professor's body.

Episode 4: 4-D
A killer murders Reyes and mortally wounds Doggett...in another dimension. Reyes, under investigation for a nearly killed Doggett realizes the killer can shift dimensions to fill out his disgusting fantasies.

Episode 5: Lord of the Flies
Doggett and Reyes are unsure whether a boy intentionally or unintentionally can control the habits of flies; during the investigation Scully acquires a new 'partner'.

Episode 6: Trust No 1
Mulder contacts Scully which sets off a chain of events involving an NSA man obsessed with speaking and giving information to Mulder.

Episode 7: John Doe
Doggett wakes up in Mexico and can't remember his name or what he is doing there. His only clues are small flashbacks of a child (his son) and two mysterious marks on his head.

Episode 8: Hellbound
Reyes finds herself inexplicably connected to a case involving ex-cons who are being skinned.

Episode 9: Provenance
A man is chased from the Canada/US border and reportedly burned alive though his body is not found. Meanwhile, in the burned remains the FBI finds papers with the same UFO markings Scully found in Africa.

Episode 10: Providence
Scully's baby becomes a bargaining chip for a psychotic UFO cult that feels the baby is ultimately connected to a UFO they have uncovered.

Episode 11: Audrey Pauley
Reyes is seriously injured in a car accident and finds herself in a hospital similar to purgatory with other hospital patients suffering from serious traumas. Slowly they all begin to disappear. Meanwhile, in the real world, Doggett refuses to accept his friend's 'mortal' wounds and uses a bizarre hospital employee to both connect with Reyes in the other-world and capture a 'Dr. Death.'

Episode 12: Underneath
After thirteen years in prison, a man named Fassl is released and cleared of murder charges when DNA evidence proves he had nothing to do with the murder of an entire family though he was present on the scene. Doggett, who made the arrest, refuses to accept Fassl's innocence and pursues the case again.

Episode 13: Improbable
Reyes, Doggett, and Scully are pulled into a bizarre serial murder case involving the number '3', numerology on a whole, and an eccentric man who likes to play checkers.

Episode 14: Scary Monsters
Reyes and Doggett, with the aid of a young Mulder-worshiping FBI agent, investigate a father who is exhibiting bizarre behavior regarding his son who he has kept hidden from the outside world.

Episode 15: Jump the Shark
The Lone Gunmen, with the (unwanted) aide of Morris Fletcher, must stop a destructive virus from entering the populace.

Episode 16: William
A disfigured man attacks Doggett trying to retrieve X-Files for Mulder...but he might be Mulder himself.

Episode 17: Release
A Frank Black-esque cadet in Scully's class directs Doggett to a current murder case that may have something to do with a case that went unsolved 9 years prior...the murder of his young son.

Episode 18: Sunshine Days
Reyes and Doggett investigate two murders revolving around a house that is, at some points in time, identical to the Brady Bunch house.

Episode 19/20: The Truth
Mulder's return leads to his being tried before a military tribunal that seeks to justify and prove the very existence of an alien conspiracy -- and the X-Files.

This episode was 2 hours long instead of the normal 1 hour length

Source

WATCH IT HERE

[ Last edited by bala at 4-17-2008 09:22 ]
Recent Ratings

I never found Sddvasquez hard. It is the ones with #'s in them I can't remember.
What is Forum edicate for shortening ones user name?

What is Forum edicate for shortening ones user name?

That is very good question but i think it just way for people call each other-it lot easier remember someone like casper27 easy to say and spell same with dognxtdoor and trulee

you one is medium just like SSQ

Reply 228#228 gabsimom's post

I'm not exactly sure what the actual etiquette is, but sddvasquez has told me I could call her sddv or vsqz for short (I'm not sure if I remembered the 2nd one correctly), but both ID her quite well.  I know redsoxpatriot30 signs things as Red, and some members call him RSP, so I think as long as the shortened version can be easily recognized as a single person (and not confused with several members) it's OK, and most people don't mind.

Reply 230#230 waterlilybarb's post

This is getting slightly off--topic

So thats how you spell etiquette? I knew it looked funny  Now everyone back to work.

Reply 232#232 gabsimom's post

i can't i need add x-files vip link before i post them as you know site off-line but have posted lincloin height and eli stone show-wait patiently for my points-there's no hurry. i need highlight it and stick it please

Done and Done

Reply 234#234 gabsimom's post

Thank you i've told Barbs that X-files will be last lot i'm going to do because things are up in air loads life stuff deal with during next 2 months but i should back to doing some more after june if you still need help.

i've posted all X-fles guide in 3 sets

Season 1-3
season4-6
season 7-9

This was barbs idea of not having too many threads

In the city that never sleeps, CSI: NY never rests.

the story:
CSI: NY is the third of the CSI crime dramas––forensic investigators who use high-tech science to follow the evidence and solve crimes––this one set in the Big Apple. Det. Mac Taylor is a dedicated and driven crime-scene investigator who believes that everything is connected and everyone has a story. The job is his life; he focuses on cases until they are solved. He and his partner, Stella Bonasera, a well-traveled, well-educated detective, an orphan who flourished in spite of the system, share a passion for the job.

The team includes Danny Messer, an investigator with an unflappable spirit and a troubled family history, which he uses on the job as he blends his own set of hybrid ethics. Sheldon Hawkes is the crime lab's former coroner, a brilliant Ph.D. who transitioned to the field team. Rounding out the team is Lindsay Monroe, a young, athletic CSI with a Midwestern work ethic who is willing to roll up her sleeves to tackle any job and rarely hints at the dark and devastating secret that originally motivated her to dedicate her life to being an investigator. Joining them is Don Flack, an edgy, hardcore homicide detective with a quick wit, impressive forensic insight and a long family history in law enforcement.

the main cast:
Gary Sinise

Detective Mac Taylor
There are three things that I'll protect at any cost: the honor of this country, the safety of this city, and the integrity of this lab.

Melina Kanakaredes

Detective Stella Bonasera
Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

Carmine Giovinazzo

Detective Danny Messer
Yeah, I think I saw this on an episode of The Flintstones.

Hill Harper

Dr. Sheldon Hawkes
Death by swordfish. Man, I love being in the field.

Eddie Cahill

Detective Don Flack
Last time I checked, the murder weapon we confiscated didn't have cute little legs, walking around from toolbox to toolbox.

Anna Belknap

Detective Lindsay Monroe
Under the heading, "Things I Never Thought I'd See."

info compiled from tv.com, wikipedia.org, and imdb.com

Episode Guides:
season 1
season 2
season 3
season 4

start watching!
if you’re not a vip member yet and want to find out how to watch CSI: NY on this site, please go here

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 4-18-2008 15:33 ]

abbr. name

people, how can 4 letters be confusing? sddvasquez can be shortened using the first 4 letters (sddv), by taking the vowels out of vasquez (vsqz), or using the first 4 letters of vasquez (vasq).

and don't tell me that vasquez is too difficult - there is even a saying in spanish that the name is so common that you "turn over a rock and out pops another vasquez"!

but i'll find anything you send to the tarsier too!
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Reply 238#238 sddvasquez's post

OK, sddv it is than

Reply #238 sddvasquez's post

Shiny, shiny! I see that you got another medal...cool! Great job on the CSI: NY guides...I was thinking about doing them...but I've got to finish Lost, CC and Lincoln Heights...I might do CSI: MIAMI though...

Thread