Thread
Printable Version

About the Show Member Challenge

Reply 733#733 bala's post

I would prefer not to have to change the pictures.  You know we try and use slimmer banners.  The ones I have changed have been to do this in exchange for regular cast pictures.  There are already banners in most of the episode guides.  Why didn't you include it them the abouts?  Plus, please include a place for episode guides, "watch it now" and how to become a VIP member links.  You know the formula by now, so there's no reason you should make me have to do that work for you.

Also, please include the links to either IMDb or wikipedia for the actors.  I'm not awarding your points until you do those edits yourself.  If I have to do them, I'll have Tina award me the points for doing all the extra work.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 747#747 grah3's post

Serena already asked to do the epi guides for Medium, and probably has season 3 mostly done.  Remember to check the list.  

BTW, In Plain Site is now taken.

Reply 745#745 bala's post

I don't mind if it's not perfect, but you have been leaving out basic elements which creates extra work for me.  Feel free to take your time.  If need be (as in - if I don't check your edits), send me a PM to remind me to check them.

Reply 750#750 grah3's post

It was better Graham.  The source and watch it now links should be smaller though.  See the season 2 guide Serena did above.  As Serena said, I continually update the list, & it's colour coded to let anyone interested know which are already taken.  There are some shows that don't have guides not listed, and if you find one, please make a post in this thread letting me know you'd like to do it so I can add it to the list.  That way others will know not to bother with that show.   Here's the current list.

I'm going offline for a bit now (before my meds quit on me completely), as I have a bad migraine today and the screen is a killer.  Just wanted to check in briefly to see what needed to be checked.

Have fun everyone & I'll catch ya' later.

Hey all!

I'll do the edits tomorrow (hopefully).  My migraine is getting worse, and I just can't do it today.  But here's a better banner for Blood Ties:

Off again to rest my head.

UPDATED LIST:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.  If you'd like to try some, please post that here as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
90210, Beauty and The Beast, Canterbury's Law, Demons, H2O: Just Add Water, In Plain Sight, John Adams, Law & Order, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Medium, Nip/Tuck, ReGenesis, The Beast, The Border, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Whistler

Action Adventure:
Blood Ties, Life On Mars, Runaway, Rush

Comedy:
About A Girl, Eastbound & Down, Flight of the Conchords, Gary Unmarried, Greek, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Kath & Kim, Little Mosque On The Prairie, New Adventures of Old Christine, Privileged, Rita Rocks, Rules of Engagement, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Sophie, Swingtown, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Quantum Leap, , Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman

Reality: **No episode guides needed for reality shows.**
American Idol, The Hills, Dirty Jobs, Time Warp, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Sons of Anarchy, QI Quite Interesting, The Universe, LA Ink

Animation:
Robot Chicken, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Titans

Here are more new shows that will need guides & abouts.  I'm not sure of the genre for these.
Missing 2009, Wizards Of Waverly Place

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, and 5 for each episode guide.  Please post them here first so they can be checked and/or edited prior to posting in their respective forums.

Reply 763#763 grah3's post

Fanpop is a good site to check for banners.  Also, sometimes the images are fine (like a banner with a cast picture) but the name of the show isn't on it.  I just edit those to add the name.  Another thing I sometimes do is a google image search for a show to see what comes up.  You're getting better Graham.   I'm finding there's less to edit with each thing you do.  Check the edits I've done on the abouts & guides you've already posted, and make the font sizes the same.  I know sometimes you may have too many characters & it won't let you put it in one post (just ask Serena).  If that happens, feel free to do it in 2 posts, as I can edit it into 1.

I still have that wicked migraine - this is my 1st venture out of the dark today - so I can't check the things that need editing yet.  I'll get to it as soon as I can.  

Feel free to keep posting stuff people.  I don't mind doing a bunch of editing when I'm feeling better.

Reply 766#766 bala's post

Thanks Bala.  I'm still not feeling p to par, but was able to do the few edits needed on a couple of your abouts today.  Much better, so thank you.   I've sent myself a PM of which post to start on next.

Reply  7667#7667 grah3's post

Graham, I finished editing Blood Ties.  That too was much improved, and there was a lot less to edit.  Well done!    For Fear Itself, check out a couple other sites, like wikipedia & NBC to fill out the "about the show" section.  Being an anthology series, there isn't really a cast, so what you have is fine for that.  Thanks.

Reply 769#769 grah3's post

Thanks Graham.  I'm ever hopeful of awaking pain-free tomorrow.  These migraines are just miserable, and make getting anything done very difficult.

Reply 774#774 grah3's post

That's odd.  I have no idea why your table wasn't showing earlier.  Remember to untick the box "show signature" when you post it in the show forum.

Reply 782#782 grah3's post

Don't forget the image source.  I added the empty urls, as they will just have to be filled in when the show is added.   Also, add either IMDb or wiki links for the actors.  

UPDATED LIST:

This is the most up-to-date list for which "Abouts" still need doing.  If you're interested post which one you'd like to do so I can highlight it.  There are still plenty of Episode Guides that need to be done. Check the forums of your favourite shows to see if they need episode guides.  If you'd like to try some, please post that here as well so we know they are being worked on.

Drama:
90210, Beauty and The Beast, Canterbury's Law (only needs episode guide), Demons, H2O: Just Add Water, In Plain Sight, John Adams, Law & Order, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Medium, Nip/Tuck, ReGenesis, The Beast, The Border, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Whistler

Action Adventure:

Comedy:
About A Girl, Eastbound & Down, Flight of the Conchords, Gary Unmarried, Greek, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Kath & Kim, Little Mosque On The Prairie, New Adventures of Old Christine, Privileged, Rules of Engagement, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Sophie, Swingtown, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Fear Itself, Quantum Leap, , Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, True Blood

American Idol, The Hills, Dirty Jobs, Time Warp, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Sons of Anarchy, QI Quite Interesting, The Universe, LA Ink

Animation:

Here are more new shows that will need guides & abouts.  I'm not sure of the genre for these.
Missing 2009, Wizards Of Waverly Place

Just for reference the "Abouts" for the highlighted shows are spoken for.  The taken Episode Guides are highlighted in blue.  All others are up for grabs.
BTW, I keep updating this list as shows are completed and/or added.  I'll post the new list when we move to a new page to make it easier for those who would like to participate.  Also, if I've missed any, please feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Ten points are given for Abouts, and 5 for each episode guide.  Please post them here first so they can be checked and/or edited prior to posting in their respective forums.

Reply 785#785 grah3's post

I meant the individual links for the actors in the table.  If the image source won't link, just site the name of the site is fine.  Credit where credit is due.

Reply 788#788 spratt89's post

It's yours Adam.

No problem Graham.  I don't mind a little break myself.

Reply 791#791 grah3's post

I didn't mean you in particular.  We have so many new shows, and I hadn't finished editing Bala's either (I have now), plus I still have a TON of stuff to do at home.   We (the other mods & I) appreciate the efforts of members like yourself who add to the friendliness of the forum.   

UPDATED LIST:

Drama:
90210, Beauty and The Beast, Demons, H2O: Just Add Water, In Plain Sight, John Adams, Law & Order, L&O: Special Victims Unit, Medium, Missing 2009 Nip/Tuck, ReGenesis, The Beast, The Border, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Whistler

Action Adventure:

Comedy:
About A Girl, Eastbound & Down, Flight of the Conchords, Gary Unmarried, Greek, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Kath & Kim, Little Mosque On The Prairie, Privileged, Royal Pains, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Sophie, Swingtown, The Game, The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle, Wizards Of Waverly Place, Worst Week

Sci-Fi:
Fear Itself, Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: TNG, The Middleman, True Blood

American Idol, The Hills, Dirty Jobs, Time Warp, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Sons of Anarchy, The Universe, LA Ink

Animation:

Here are the shows only in need of episode guides (thanks to spratt89, who took the time to check ):
Canterbury's Law, Dirty Sexy Money, Eli Stone, Private Practice Season 2, Saving Grace Season 3, The Closer Season 4, Without A Trace Season 7, 30 Rock Season 2 And 3, Californication Season 2, Terminator Season 2, Simpsons Season 19 And 20

For any that already have previous seasons done, please check those forums and see how the original poster formatted the guides and follow the same pattern so they are cohesive.  Thank you.

Reply 807#807 spratt89's post

Thanks Adam.  I've updated the list and put those shows in blue, as well as moving the others to their proper categories.
Quote:
bala: wow you really do have a lot free time
ROFL!  You're one to talk!

Reply 810#810 spratt89's post

Ta-da!  Super Mod magic accomplished.   

As for L&O, I know!  Just check the abouts for Lost & Heroes and you'll see how much fun I had with those.

Reply 817#817 serena75's post

They're yours.

Reply 820#820 serena75's post

Great.   And feel free to let me know if you need help with the About.  If I don't catch your posts right away, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.  I've been a little out of lately - so many migraines.    But, I do my best to check in daily.

Thread