137 1234567
Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

They really didn't give ANYTHING away regarding the Brooke/Julian/hotel situation. They basically showed the same thing they did in the promos. I think I'm going to give Julian the benefit of the doubt. With all his proclamations of his love for Brooke, he has to be a major jerk to just get in bed with Alex then. But the sweater is really throwing me off.

I kind of like the idea of Mouth and Lauren together. She seems like a great fit for him. But how will Skills take that? Not to mention Millicent?

Grubbs may have just become my new favorite character.

Forgot about this:

Everyone, please sign this petition for a season 8. One Tree Hill has not yet been granted another season (due to contract and budget negotations and well, The CW has just never favored OTH that much even though it keeps pulling more ratings than GG and 90210 and all the other CW favorites do). I know there's been talk about how OTH has run its course and complaints about Chad and Hilarie leaving, but I think the fans should be given at least a proper finale. I really don't think that with the five episodes left in season 7 (most of which were probably already shot), we'll get good farewell.

So, yeah, there's my rant.

Please sign it. It takes two seconds.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/onetreehillseason8

Reply 69#69 bala's post

Yeah. I feel that the writers went a little overboard with the Jamie-is-too-smart-for-his-age thing. It was cute at first, but some of the things that they have the kid say! He sounds like a forty year old trapped in a child's body.

For 7x19 - Did anyone else find that KISS moment completely random? Nathan with lipstick is...interesting. The other scene where Jamie and Nathan were bonding while shaving ("shaving" for Jamie) was cute though.

That last scene with Haley in 7x19  was heartbreaking. I hope she gets better soon. It's interesting how Quinn doesn't seem to be too affected by it -- not to say she isn't, but she seems to have coped pretty quickly. It would be nice to see some sisterly bonding.

Katie scares me. She gives me Nanny Carrie shudders. Tree Hill and its endless list of stalkers/psychos.

I'm actually enjoying the Haley storyline. Like Nathan said, Haley has always been the rock in her family and to see her vulnerable is a nice change. It's a very heartbreaking storyline though. But Haley has some amazing quotes. Bethany Joy Galeotti completely owned this episode. Not surprised though; she's a phenomenal actress.

SO GLAD KATIE IS DONE WITH. I couldn't handle any more psycho stuff.

Next week's episode should be good. From the pictures and videos I've seen of the cast shooting in Utah, it looks like a fun episode.

They filmed two endings for the episode, because The CW wouldn't let them know if the show would come back. Mark Schwahn had to decide a week before the air date whether to use the cliffhanger or not. The alternative ending was basically the same, except they switched in and out of the sledding scene and the normal scenes. It would've been Chase and Alex coming down the hill and then the scene shifted to them in the hotel room and becoming a couple (and Mia's text would've been cut out), Nathan and Haley and Jamie coming down the hill and then the "I'm pregnant" scene, Brooke and Julian down the hill and then their scene and then Quinn and Clay, ending with Quinn going to the bedroom. And then Haley would say to Jamie "Nah, it's just a hill, we'll climb it together." And that would've been the series finale. But Mark Schwahn made the decision to go with the shooting ending, even though he didn't know, at the time, whether the show would be back or not. I'm pretty certain Season 8 is the last one though, since the cast's contracts are up after this year. It's nice to have some closure.

Now about the episode itself. That last scene scared the daylights out of me. Although...this may be a bit cold of me...I wasn't really sad that it was Quinn and Clay who got shot. I just never got into their relationship and their storylines. I'm just really sad for Haley, Nathan and Jamie, considering what they had to go through with Lydia's death and now dealing with Quinn and Clay getting shot IN THEIR BEDROOM. Tree Hill is NOT a place one would want to live.

Yeah, Quinn's scenes annoyed me. I agree with Bala's statement. It was such a pointless storyline. She could've perfectly sat in the hot tub without a beer until the guys came back.

Haley's pregnancy and Brooke's engagement, though not surprising, still make me grin like a child. There's all sorts of talk going around about CMM and Hilarie Burton returning for the Brooke's wedding. That'd be pretty cool! The writers never addressed where they went besides "They're travelling"....

Overall, I thought it was a solid season finale. I would've been a bit disappointed if it were a series finale, although the scene Schwahn described sounds like a nice ending. But still. I'm glad it'll be back next year, and with knowledge of going into season 8 knowing that it'll most likely be the last season is nice. Don't forget that'll it'll be on Tuesdays in the fall.

One Tree Hill Season 8! (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

PROMO. Short, but cute. Very One Tree Hill style, no? [ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 9-16-2010 13:46 ][ Last edited by magic4u at 10-21-2010 08:11 ]

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 2-20-2011 20:41 ]

Reply 3#3 bala's post

Really? Why not?

Reply 6#6 bala's post

(Should I add a spoiler warning in the title?)

Ah yes yes. I agree. Quinn and Clay, in general, don't interest me too much. I'm glad they're focusing the show more on the core characters this season.

The ending was kind of "Eh" since we were basically received the same ending as the season 7 finale ending. But I do like how they introduced some of the new storylines.

I'm really happy they gave Brooke an actual, legitimate storyline this season. As much as it painful to see Brooke be stripped of everything she worked for, I'm really interested in how the whole COB mess will get straightened out. The Millie/Victoria banter was great!

And I like that they've gone back to their roots a bit. Haley writing Lucas was a pretty touching scene. It was always a bit weird to see their friendship -- and Brooke and Peyton's -- suddenly disappear.

I'm totally on Team Alex and Chase. Whatever couple name people will come up with them. Alase? Chex?

It's SO SO SO nice to see the opening credits again! And to hear Gavin DeGraw's voice! Kate Voegele (Mia) is covering it for next week.

Reply 13#13 bala's post

"I didn't do it!" "I didn't like it!"   

Did they end up explaining it to the kid? Parenthood's season premiere had that similar storyline with Sydney, Joel and Julia. They were WAY more explicit.

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

Yeah! I really like the Jamie/Julian interaction we've been getting. It was a bit bittersweet seeing Brooke and Julian in this episode -- how well they get along with Jamie and how much they want to have children but can't. I really hope they explore the infertility storyline some more.

I'm glad both Quinn and Clay are recovering and the whole in-between-life-and-death storyline can end and we can move on with other storylines.

I wonder how long they'll continue with the "Dear Lucas" opening.

OH. What did you guys think of Patrick Stump's "I Don't Wanna Be"?

Reply 18#18 bala's post

Hahaha, I was a bit scared. I think it's a great idea (and way to save money for them) to have different artists cover it, but Gavin's version just fits so well with the credits.

Reply 30#30 bala's post

I don't think she did, right? She just stood there, shocked, and Sylvia just walked away. It's so weird seeing Sharon Lawrence as Julian's mom after seeing her on Grey's as Izzie's mom and Priveleged as Megan's mom. She's an awesome actress though, and after all the Victoria drama, I'm kind of looking forward to the light-hearted drama she'll bring.

That opening sequence...

Um, is Quinn going to go all psycho Derek on Katie? It's weird how they're all taking it so lightly -- Clay being all "Dude, I got shot" as an excuse throughout the episode -- when getting shot at your own home by some mentally imbalanced person in a small town like Tree Hill would probably be a VERY big deal.

Did anyone notice how when the guys were playing the cornhole game and Clay missed, citing his shooting as the reason, Nathan was like "Yeah, right here..." and pointed at Clay's right shoulder when Clay was actually shot at point blank, right below the chest.

I wish the whole Alex/Mia/Chase triangle could be done with. At least, the cat-fighting. It seems like they're putting an end to it...but yeah, Haley and Julian were completely right -- fighting over a pie did make sense.

The beginning with Brooke and Sylvia was hilarious.
And Brooke and Julian. I have no words for them. SO EXCITED FOR THE WEDDING NEXT WEEK.

That is all.

Reply 67#67 bala's post

And Julian's reaction! Slamming the door was classic.

After a few filler episodes, I'm really excited that they're starting a few new storylines. (Brooke and Julian adopting being the obvious one.) I'm very curious about the Millie, Mouth and the TV station position situation. (Sorry for all the -tions. )

And. I kind of like Kellerman's son. Reminds me of earlier-seasons Nathan a bit.

Reply 86#86 codebreaker's post

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN. Such a great ending too. I actually get goosebumps--and even tear up a bit, I admit--every time I watch it.

Although I'm interested in seeing Brooke and Julian handling parenthood, I can't help but think that, maybe, maybe they should have just left it at this episode. But then again, season 9 will only be 13 episodes--and they know FOR SURE this time--that it'll be the final episodes, so that is good.

What are your reactions to the show getting a season 9?

137 1234567
Thread