Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Haha yeah I was a little surprised by the CW comment too. But then again, they did have Brooke say positive things after so that evened it out, I guess.

I don't like this producer guy, whatever his name is again. It seems as though he's doing this movie just to get in contact with Peyton again. Since, obviously they have some kind of history. Julian! That's his name.   But yeah, I don't think this movie deal is going to turn out good for Lucas...

I can totally see Ellen Page for Haley, by the way. And Natalie Portman for Brooke, a little, I guess. I loved Lucas' "Doesn't anyone realize that the story takes place in high school and these are all 20 something actors?" How ironic for Mark Schwahn to write that.

Slamball looks like fun. I loved the Owen-helping-Nathan scene. But Nathan's bruises looked pretty harsh. I hope nothing serious happens to him. That last part with Nathan making faces while Haley was playing the piano...priceless!

"You adolescent Nanny Carry." I can't believe Sam would do that. She knows how important the store is to Brooke. Well at least, she knows after this party she threw. I was really starting to like her in the beginning, but then she pulls something like that.... I think she's going to change for the better though, now that she realizes that Brooke isn't going to give up on her.

As for Millicent/Gigi/Mouth...I hope doesn't mess things with Millicent. I love those two together. Gigi is just...wow. Boundaries anybody? I mean, after all, Mouth is her boss.

Next week's episode looks like fun. And emotional. As always. The Brooke and Owen scene is hilarious. When are people going to learn that they can't pull off a Brooke Davis as well as Brooke Davis can?

Why does Nathan keep on getting pushed through windows? Sheesh. I saw it coming from the look on that guy's bitter face, but still, that was a pretty shocking scene. And I was really starting to like Slamball! I'm glad Nathan's fine though. I don't think I could sit through another Nathan Scott injury.

"Gold. Godiva. Gucci. Gerber." Brooke cracks me up almost every episode. She definitely has the best lines on the show. Oh, that scene where Sam put the "FREE FOOD" sign in the vending machine...."You're a good mom, Brooke. You're a good mom."    Anyway, I wasn't a huge Brooke and Owen fan in the beginning, but I'm kind of starting to like Owen. First, because he helps Nathan during Slamball (). Second, he genuinely seems like a good guy. And he brought Brooke gifts for three weeks straight! That should say something.   

I really don't like Julian. He definitely seems like he has some kind of agenda behind making An Unkindness of Ravens into a movie. I mean, you don't just go from loathing a book that cost you to break up with someone you loved to loving the book and wanting to make it the best movie ever, without having some sort of secret motive.

Mia's back next week!

Next week's episode looks...interesting. Chad Michael Murray wrote it... It looks interesting, but slightly confusing (since I don't think the characters will have the same relations...)

"Hey Lucas, how are you?"
"*punch* Okay." Best scene EVER.  Hahah, I'm glad Lucas punched Julian too. Julian really seems like an ass. But for the book's sake, I hope Lucas decides to put aside their differences and work on the movie. That is an interesting point Arielle -- the movie version would be everything from season 1-4 or so of the show.

I like the new Brooke and Sam friendship. Brooke's not the kind of person to just throw someone out, so I don't think Sam has anything to worry about -- even with that phone call to the adopting agency person.

It was nice to see Quentin again. I wonder what Nathan will do now. Return to Slamball? Or something else?

Ugh, Gigi. She's so...argh. I don't have adjectives for her. She gets on my nerves. That's all. Haha.

Hahaha, I actually liked the 40s throwback episode. It was cheesy at parts, especially the "Always and Forever" scene with Naley. But overall, it was okay. Better than I expected, at least.

The music was amazing though! I loved Bethany's songs. "Mrs. Scott" and "Hotel Cafe" has been stuck in my head for the past few days.

This week's episode:

JAMIE! That kid is so cute.

I have no words for Peyton's storyline. I'm glad they didn't go with the rumored pregnancy storyline, but that was kind of a shocker. I wonder how Lucas will handle it. Does anybody feel like Peyton was purposely trying to push away Mia because of what she found out? It kind of felt like that towards the end...I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Can you imagine? Haley and Lucas? HAHAHAHA. That would be...so awkward. Seriously, that guy was...crazy.

Owen and Millie? Woah! I don't know if I can stomach that. Seriously. Even though Brooke's resenting Owen right now, it'll still be pretty awkward once she finds out. Speaking of Brooke...Julian? I mean, I still don't like him, but he does have a heart. Sam's running away...scary twist at the ending! What's "Jack's" brother going to do to her? DUDE. What if he holds Sam hostage and asks Brooke for money? Hahah, that's probably pretty far fetched, but then again, this is One Tree Hill. We've seen Nanny Carrie and the lengths she can go. Grrr...January 5th. Grrr.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Jamie is the most adorable kid ever.

This is such a cute video.

That fight scene was pretty intense. I kept on thinking that that guy was going to pull out his gun or something. I have to say that Brooke travels pretty well-protected; pepper spray AND a gun. Funny/ironic thing is that that guy caused her to take those measures and it paid off...on him. What goes around comes around? Oh and Julian and Brooke? I can sort of see it happening...maybe not. I'm still kind of on the fence here. Haha.

Ugh. Cancer would've been a better storyline than the one they went with, in my opinion. I mean, I'm sure they'll have some twists and turns along the way, but no one can beat the crazy stuff Haley and Nathan went through during their pregnancy, not even Peyton and Lucas. But cancer would've been a totally different thing. It would've upset a lot of fans though, so I'm not surprised they dropped it.

Hahahaha, "This is the place where I can see Lucas's rival gang show up and kill his Uncle Keith in a drive-by shooting" That director...wow. Not that the director they ended up with is any better (Haley and Lucas marriage anyone!?), but I'm sure he'll cause some funny moments.

...I...kind of...like...Brooke and Julian. Actually, scratch the "kind of." Julian isn't that bad. The chemistry between him and Brooke, well, Austin and Sophia, is there so I'm not complaining, haha.

Mia and Chase kind of...I don't know..rubs me in the wrong way for some reason. Everybody on this show gets together with one another! The karaoke scene was hilarious. So was Jamie's "You don't bluff with the bluffer," scene. They give that kid some of the best lines.

I'm looking forward to the casting episode. Nathan: "Why am I shirtless?"

Another promo

This looks like a very funny episode. "Haley" was spot on in her reenactment of that scene. I heard that Bethany Joy Galeotti directed this episode...I'm excited.

Principal Buttkiss () is so unreasonable. I'm the editor-in-chief of my school newspaper and honestly, if we had the opportunity to publish a story like Sam's, I doubt that it'll be so harshly criticized.

I love the little titles they had for each scene. "The Deleted Scene," "The Seven Year Itch," "The Cold War" (I laughed when I saw that ).

Julian definitely knows that Brooke's feelings are not the same as his. Poor guy, having to compete with Lucas all the time. Their whole relationship is pretty ironic, if you think about. I think that eventually Brooke will let Julian in though.

What do you think Peyton has? Cancer? The producers were really teasing the viewers there. Whatever it is though, it'll be a pretty good exit storyline for Hilarie Burton, but I don't think the show will do well without her. I mean, she is half of the oh-so-beloved Leyton...

And oh, I don't know how I managed to forget this: Dan. New heart. Dramaaaaaa.

Reply 209#209 codebreaker's post

I agree, the dog-eating-heart moment was...unexpected. I wasn't sure how to react either.

As for the Julian thing, I'm a little on the fence. Julian really started to grow on me! But...he comes back in the next episode, so I still have some hope.

How long are they going to keep this Peyton thing a secret?

Reply 222#222 writemako's post

Quote:
We haven't seen Dan in a while it seems.  I would croak if Peyton is an organ donor and dies and her heart goes to Dan.
Oh gosh, don't give the writers ideas! That would be truly creepy.

About the Hilarie Burton and CMM departure thing...Ausiello did an interview with Hilarie just a couple of days ago and she spoke up about all the rumors surrounding it. It seems like an amicable split. I really don't think that the issue was monetary...at least not for Hilarie. She doesn't strike me as that kind of person. Here's the link to the interview for any of you who are interested. It gives a lot of insight into the whole situation, I think.
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/exclusive-murra.html

Anyhow, back to the episode...

I loved the Brooke and Julian scenes. He's joining the cast next season! So you know what that means...

Julian: "I can't believe she's trying to make me jealous with that guy from Dancing with the Stars."
Missy: "No that was Drew. Oh my gosh (and then something..)"
Julian: "Whatever, Laguna Beach."
Chase: "No, that was some other tool."

Dramatic irony alert, haha. Stephen Colletti who plays Chase was originally on Laguna Beach (the tool that Chase refers too.)

But yeah, the Julian scene in the end was really powerful. Victoria totally deserved that. It was about time somebody said those words to her.

Jamie and Skillz were pretty funny too. Skillz's paranoia was hilarious. Thinking back about that storyline...Carrie was one crazy woman.

I thought it was a really good episode. The ending was totally predictable though.

Season finale next week...I hope they don't end it with a major cliffhanger.

Did I miss something? When did Mouth and Millie get married?

BROOKE AND JULIAN. I love how everybody was against Julian in the beginning, but now he's become one of the favorites (well, in my case at least, haha).

Nathan getting into the NBA was a nice surprise actually. With the way he was acting in the wedding episode, I presumed that the Chiefs, for some reason, just let him go. Now only Haley needs to get her music career back up!

That was a nice finale. No cliffhangers, no unresolved business. Even Dan got to make amends with Whitey!

I'm interested as to the direction the show will head into next year. With Peyton and Lucas gone, there's bound to be some major changes....

WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, HOW? RACHEL AND DAN?!?!?! That's just too revolting. Dan seems like he has changed though; he genuinely cared for the homeless man. But I'm not so sure about Rachel. I'm always skeptical when it comes to her.

The "conversation" Haley had is why I love her. She's funny, but is also very mature and smart. I'm not too keen on Quinn, but I like that she and Haley have a strong relationship. I love the whole Denzel and McCulley thing Jamie and Skillz have going on. "Stupid crazy nanny."

I don't think I need to express my love for Brooke and Julian again, hehe.

I honestly don't think that the child will be Nathan's. From the preview, it looks like Haley will be supporting Nathan through it, which is good.

I hope they show us some tidbits about what happened in those one and a half years. Like, well, how Dan and Rachel met again. How Nathan's first year in the NBA was. So many questions. They said they were going to have lots of flashbacks in season 5, showing what happened in that 5-year jump, but it didn't really happen. Where did Haley, Brooke, Lucas, Peyton go to college?

I think Rachel's in this relationship for the money. I mean, in the flashback, she bluntly says that she cares more about money. And the "incident" in the audience shows that she's more concerned about the viewership and popularity of this show (aka more money) than she is about Dan and the show's actual theme of redemption and whatnot.

Like the hairstylist (and pretty much everybody else), I don't like Alex. If she messes around with Brooke and Julian, I will have a personal vendetta against her. (Yes, I'm threatening fictional characters.)

Poor Haley. Poor Jamie. I really don't like this storyline.

Reply 18#18 slade01's post

I agree, but having to listen to some woman brag about what she did with your husband is definitely not easy. Especially after it's been bugging you for days. I love the fact that Miranda stood up for Haley during that interview, even though her bad British accent kind of annoys me.

Clay and Quinn? I might just approve.

I'm thinking that Dan's proposition is a pay-off. I mean, what else is there that he can do?

Yes! That's what I was wondering too. Eh, he probably used his Nathan Scott charms to convince her to sell her car, dropped her off home, and went back and picked Clay up. I'm overthinking this.

CHEAP TRICK. Absolute love.

Reply 50#50 bala's post

I know, it's been a while. I've been busy with school and applications for the past few months. I have, luckily, been keeping up with my shows though, but haven't had the chance to post in such a long time. It's nice to be back and still find everybody here to discuss OTH with.

That said, I think it's really nice that they're touching more upon the characters' families. I think the only other time we saw Haley's mom was back in season 1 for like a minute. It is a sad storyline though, especially since they made her come on just to announce it (and because she's a really likable character ). It'll be interesting to see how Quinn, Haley and Taylor, and even Jamie, deal with it.

Can we please get rid of Alex? I am not a fan.

Thread