Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 108#108 bala's post

I hope that they're tricking us again like how they made Hailey nightmare (of seeing Nathan and Carrie in bed) seem true. Nathan and Haley can't break up...I'll be destroyed.

Reply 115#115 sddvasquez's post

I totally agree. I mean, I'm not married yet but I would think that I would know the person I married better than someone I just met. And Haley saw her walk right into the house after she told her not to. I don't know why Hailey is being so mean to Nathan. Even when he told her that he loved her on the phone, it seemed like she lingered with the response. Its almost like she's hiding something and it would be more likely than Nathan because of her absence, etc. I have no idea why she allowed Carrie to start living in her house.

OMG, I did love this episode. Jamie is the cutest and I almost started crying during the part when he was asking Nathan when he would come back home (b/c I thought that he was going to cry). I do not understand what is wrong with Hailey. She thanked Skills, yet she didn't take or act upon his advice. I did hope that she was colling Nathan and when I saw that she called Lucas, I thought that she had a confession to make. I wonder why she said that he can't marry Lindsey, I hope that its not because she feels like he may cheat on Lindsey as Nathan "did" to her. I love Chase and its great to see him back. I can't believe that he still loves Brooke. I hate that because I was so loving seeing Brooke and Owen together and now something has disrupted that. For the first time, I was ok with Lucas and Lindsey and I was hoping that someone better would come along for Peyton. But by the end of the episode, that thought was ruined.   For the first time, I really thought about it and if I were Lucas, I think that I might have done the same thing he did (if I were in that position). Moving along (b/c if i don't stop now, I'll keep talking), Bevin and ***?! I love Bevin with Skills and when I saw her name in the credits I thought they were going to get back together.   Oh well, I'm happy for them. Victoria being fired was such a painful scene...I wanted to rejoice but my heart broke for Brooke b/c I know how much I cherish my mom and I wouldn't be able to imagine how it would be if she were like Victoria. I hope that Rachel stops herself and comes back and returns Brooke's money.

*Oops, sorry about that...I totally forgot. Thanks for the heads-up, imarielle626!

[ Last edited by nye87 at 3-13-2008 22:35 ]

Oh, gosh! I hope that she causes that right kind of trouble that actually helps Nathan and Hailey get back together. Maybe she'll see how crazy she actually is.

Reply 136#136 funny-girl101's post

Ok, I just got weirded out of my mind. I hope that she didn't cut her hair so that it would resemble Hailey's. BTW, the Naley scene almost made me shed a tear...please let them work it out.

Ok so, how fantastic was this episode?? I literally had goosebumps at the end. Thank God for Dan! I think that he is and was exactly what Carrie needed. Speaking of Carrie, I can't believe that she went that far! I mean abducting a kid...and she's a nanny!!! It was soo nice to see Karen again...I love her. She, Andy, and Lily are so cute together and I'm glad that Lily gets to have a "dad" in her life after all. Brooke wanting a baby...I totally did not see that one coming. I just hope that she finds that person instead of doing it the donor way. Don't hate me for saying this, but I was actually hoping that Lucas and Lindsey would have married. I was rooting for Peyton and Lucas all along but Chase made me feel like maybe something in the form of someone better for Peyton was out there. I don't know but it was weird to suddenly have a change of heart. Ok so, then that didn't happen and I was like " I might as well be back on the Leyton train" but Lucas wanted Lindsey back. He wasn't even relieved. And he  did say "I do", but as Brooke so rightly said; little thing like that do not matter if you love him. OMG, I was so happy when we found out that she had moved back to have a baby because for a moment there I thought that she had also moved back for Lucas and I was like "What?!". I'm glad that Hailey realized that she was wrong; but like Sddv said, she would have felt the same way about his almost drowning...because whether it is abduction or drowning, she is still losing a child. But I did still feel like she was kindda mean to Nathan and that she is way too stubborn. And I couldn't believe that she said that Jamie was all that she had, I was like "What about Nathan?" Ok, I'm talking too much. So, to conclude, I thought that Nathan's flashback while Hailey was walking down the isle was too sweet and it made me tear up. Ok, I'm done.

P.S. Oh yeah, and I hope that they do not blame Dan and that they allow he and Jamie to explain before they make accusations.

[ Last edited by nye87 at 3-20-2008 01:13 ]

Reply 144#144 funny-girl101's post

Yeah, but I'm sure she'll think that he manipulated him or something. I hope that one of them brings up Carrie right away because Dan had no way of knowing about the nanny.  Even though Dan threatened Carrie, I don't think that he meant it; I just think that he knew exactly what to say to make sure she would stay away for good. I also think that the episode purposely tried to make us think that he was back to do something negative but I think that it was all a front so we wouldn't guess the storyline. I think that Dan has changed and I hope that being in prison for 5 years would help someone do so. Also, kids have the tendency to change people. I remember how someone told me that their father was always mean until they had kids and he became and stayed a totally different person.

Aww, he's so cute! I think that the college fund thing is a good idea.

Reply 164#164 funny-girl101's post

Aww, is it just me or does he look angelic with the sun shining on him and all?

Oh, these are so tempting. But I am going to try and wait so I can be totally surprised...lets see if I can make it to Tuesday (with it airing Monday night and all).   Thanks for always posting cool videos, Bala. And thank you as well, Funny-girl!

Reply 178#178 funny-girl101's post

No, you haven't. And thank you anyway!

I did like this episode. I guess they felt that they wanted to calm things down a bit with all of the drama that was in the previous episode. I liked getting to see everyone's point of view. Wow, Victoria is really mean...poor Brooke. But I do feel that something good will happen to her "child-wise". I am glad that Nathan and Haley are almost back to the super couple that we know them to be. I'm sorry, but I love Dan and I believe that he has changed. I do have a question, though...when he "our secret" to Jamie, I thought that he was talking about the Nanny Carrie thing, not their seeing each other. So, which was he referring to?? I couldn't understand how Jamie could tell his class about the Nanny Carrie thing, but didn't tell his parents. I would hope that the teacher or someone would call Hailey after hearing that. Oh well... Anyway, I can't wait until next Monday...Nathan and Basketball, back again!!! Yay!

Ok, I watched the seen again. I see what you mean...for some reason I heard it as "remember our secret" instead of "remember, our secret".

[ Last edited by nye87 at 4-15-2008 22:23 ]

Reply 198#198 funny-girl101's post

I totally agree with you. I was so surprised and happy to see Deb's return...I wonder how awkward it will be once she sees Dan. Jamie is like the ultimate cutie, he's so adorable and I think that they chose the best actor for his role because his acting is so genuine and its never gets old or annoying. Quentin was sooo mean to Nathan and Skillz and it was so uncalled for. I guess its hard for some guys to show how they really feel but its not nice to take it out on others. I enjoyed this episode so much and I even had to fight back some tears of joy at the end when Brooke was holding the baby! I think that she is such a great person and I glad that she finally got to get something like a baby in her life to bring her joy. Unfortunately, it will be terrible when the baby has to go back to her parents. The part about Owen was weird...I wonder it is was originally written like that or if they had to change up the storyline because the actor wasn't  available. I LOVE Chase and I think that he and Brooke make a better couple, now. I did like Owen for her, but after this episode...not so much anymore. Poor Dan, I just feel really bad for him and I hope that the truth about Carrie comes out soon. I hope that Nathan and Hailey get to continue to pursue what they love because it was really nice to see again. Ok, I'm going to stop typing now because I actually have other shows to watch now, like Gossip Girl. lol!

Reply 201#201 funny-girl101's post

I don't think that anyone knows the truth. If they did, I would hope that they would be a lot nicer to Dan. I just think that it somewhat dumb because if Dan was never known for "abducting" kids, why would he start with Jamie? I mean, what would he gain from that...to scare everyone and make them all think that he was a still a bad person? I don't think that anyone is thinking clearly. I'm surprised that Hailey was that quick to get another nanny, yet she could neither "forgive/trust" Nathan yet. It'll be nice to see when the truth comes out, if it does.

Reply 209#209 bala's post

Aww, James and Jackson are so cute together!

OMG! OMG! OMG! Thats so sad.   I didn't see that coming at all. I do feel sorry for Dan and I hope that everyone can find it in their hearts to forgive him.  I don't understand how they found out about Carrie and still have a problem with Dan. If it weren't for him, they would have probably never seen Jamie again. I mean ok, he was a bad person and he did some very bad things; but people do change. I mean, he has been in jail for 5 years and sometimes people make mistakes; but I don't feel like he should have to pay for his mistakes for the rest of his life. Ok, Deb is just gross. Come on, its your grandson's 5th birthday and you get "jiggy" with some guy you don' t even know in the bathroom while your grandson is in the house. Eww! That balloon thing was gross and like the clown had also been in prison. What is wrong with her? I don't think that they were suggesting Brooke and Lucas get back together and I hope not. I think that Brooke is really over Lucas and besides, she knows that Peyton loves him. I love Millicent and its cute how she started the water fight with the guys.    I really enjoyed this episode (except for the end being so sad), especially Jamie's birthday party. I think that the cutest scene was between he, Brooke, and Baby Angie. I think that Jamie would make a good big brother if he had to.

Reply 216#216 funny-girl101's post

OMG, I was totally thinking the same thing. I was like I hope he wouldn't lie just so people would like him again. Didn't Lucas, Brooke, and Bay Angie look like the portrait of the perfect family. It was so sweet and nice of Lucas to do that for her. However, I do think that Lucas has this problem where he always wants the girls that he can't have: like when he wanted to be with Brooke again after they broke up when she was with Felix and how he kept saying that she was the perfect girl for him and then how he wanted to be with Peyton again, or how he wanted to be with Peyton originally when she was dating Nathan. He probably doesn't want to be with Peyton because he knows that she wants to be with him. Something tells me that woulds seriously change if she got a boyfriend or something. And I was so thinking the same thing about Deb as well. Its like "you're are grandmother, for crying out loud". That was too gross and I'm surprised that Haley wasn't that upset about it. What if it had been Jamie instead of Haley who caught them coming out of the bathroom?

The only problem is that its only for people in the US.

5x17

How could Lucas say that to her? That was so mean. Skillz and Deb were just gross...especially Deb. I also don't see the reason for putting Brooke in the Promo as if she is even a possibility. I think that the doctor clearly likes her and that he may even be a possible future love interest for her. I also think that he called Lindsey. Maybe he finds out that she really isn't dating anyone else and that she just said that so he would leave her alone. I'm so happy to see Mia back...I LOVE HER!!! I saw that it said that she is really going to be performing at Six Flags this Summer and I really want to go and see her since its not too far from me. You can actually sign up to win a trip. Here's the link: http://www.cwtv.com/contest/enter/starburst-submit . Oh yeah, and they let you preview Hailey's new song at http://www.cwtv.com/onetreehill .

P.S. This episode had some really great music. I especially loved Mia's version of Hallelujah.

[ Last edited by nye87 at 5-13-2008 17:57 ]

Reply 262#262 KaitlynReynolds's post

You are MOST welcome! I have to say, when he was talking to Brooke at the end (when he told her his name), I did get like a glimpse of Andy. I was like "Woah, they kindda resemble."   Oh yeah, I totally forgot to mention how great Mouth was for trashing the footage even though his reputation was on the line. He's such a great friend and person! Someone told me that grandkids change people, but I guess Jamie had no effect whatsoever on Deb. Between the clown, the nude webcam shots, and sneaking around with a friend and colleague of Nathan's; she has definitely taken it too far with no regard for her son or grandson.

Thread