31 12
Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I just watched the episodes.  They were great!  I really like what they've done with the show.  I am in love with little Jamie!  He is the cutest little thing and a hilarious addition to the cast!

I know we saw Lucas bought a ring for Lindsey, but now with Peyton back in town and him finding out that his first date with Lindsey only happened because he thought Peyton didn't show up to his book signing, I can see him starting to doubt his relationship with her.  Maybe he and Peyton will eventually get back together, but for now I just think he will have some personal conflict about his relationship with Lindsey.

The basketball player who disrupted Haley's class (I forgot his name), I can see him coming around in the next few episodes to accept playing as a team player and either end up on the team, or just end up being taken under Lucas and Skills wing, since he is  a lot like Nathan was in early season 1.

I can't wait for next week's episode!

Episode 3

I'm glad Nathan finally shaved!  That scene in the jail, he was looking way too much like Dan!  I loved Jamie's little Daddy shrine.  It was so cute.  It's nice to see Nathan bonding with his son over basketball.

Mouth and whats-her-face (his boss-well ex-boss) I definitely did not see that one coming!

I wonder what will happen to Brooke now.  I can't believe she hired her mother to work for her.  You would almost forget Brooke actually has parents considering she was practically on her own. But she is the owner of her own fashion line/company, you would think she has a say in where she can open a boutique and where she can live.  But then again mom overrules all.

Reply 19#19 angel17halo's post

I liked this episode.  I am so glad Nathan finally cut his hair!  When Peyton first asked Haley for her help with the band, I wasn't thinking about her singing career.  I was a bit confused.  But I'm glad Haley is getting back into music.  She was really good!  I have some songs on my iPod from when she toured with Chris Keller and I love them.  Joy has such a great voice!  I can see Carrie causing some problems with the Scotts too.  Jamie is young enough that he is influenced by the people around him most so since Haley is a working mom he spends most of his time with Carrie.  I hope it doesn't cause too many problems though because Haley is a great mother and Carrie is a good nanny.

I too hate Brooke's mom.  But I hope she gets to keep the store.  After all it is her dream and Peyton's little pep talk speech was right.  She's done so much already, she can pull this off if she really wants to and puts in the effort.

It looks like Mouth may be getting his dream job after all.  I guess sleeping with the boss has its perks.  I wonder what will happen when this little affair is outed to the rest of the people working at the station.

Nathan has a lot of work to do on Quinten, but knowing the show, it will all work out.  I am interested in seeing the interaction between the two of them though.

[ Last edited by imarielle626 at 1-23-2008 20:11 ]

Episode 5

I really enjoyed the flash back to three years ago.  It was nice to see a bit of the history we missed.  From the first time we saw the ring, I knew he had bought it for Peyton, I just never actually thought he gave it to her and got turned down.

A bit ironic the lucky bamboo tradition was started by Lucas.

Brooke's right about Lucas being in love with Peyton still.  And she's also right about this getting interesting!  Looking forward to next week's episode!

I just watch the promo for the next episode.  I have to agree I also think it must just be a bad dream.  Nathan is coming around now.  He just wouldn't do that to Haley!  Just look at the way the two of them were at the end of this past episode when she was putting the trophies back into the display case.  They are so in love he wouldn't cheat on her with the nanny!

Episode 6

So we called the CW on the Nathan/Carrie thing being just a bad dream, but the triangle is still there.  I guess it was inevitable that that story line was going to get thrown in, especially after Haley being warned not to hire a hot nanny, but I still dislike it!

Trouble in paradise for Luke and Lindsay.  Looks like Luke and Peyton may happen in the end after all.  Of course it won't happen soon because they need to keep Lindsay's character, but I have this feeling that the next book Lucas is writing is mostly about Peyton and on top of all the problems already between Lindsay and Peyton they will put her over the top, she will leave Lucas, Peyton will read the novel and Lucas and Peyton will be back together.  I know this is a bit optimistic of me, but I'm just reading between the lines and making my own predictions.

I like Quentin's character addition to the show now.  His character's personality isn't my favorite, but I think he will help Nathan get over his feeling sorry for himself stage because of everything that happened to him.

I am so in love with Jamie!  That scene with him and Skills playing Rock Band was adorable!  Reminded me of my four and five year old cousins playing Guitar Hero at my house.

Reply 47#47 kwargalla's post

just watched that promo...Lucas and Peyton!?! not going to say anything more for those who choose not to watch the preview for next episode.

Reply 56#56 nye87's post

I think Haley's reaction to Nathan was her taking her anger of seeing Lucas and Peyton out on Nathan.  She did say she wasn't mad, just disappointed and at least he wasn't sneaking around with another girl.  That's what I got from it anyhow.  I didn't think Lucas and Peyton were going to get back together in this episode, but I did think that that kiss would start to put doubts in Lucas's mind and his relationship with Lindsay would slowly go downhill.  The proposal...not expecting!  And I'm almost positive that was the ring intended for Peyton.  My prediction is Lindsay is going to somehow find out that [i[her engagement ring was initially intended for Peyton and that will cause problems between the triangle again.  I'm glad Mouth chose to do the right thing.   From when we first met Millicent in the fast forward, I knew she and Mouth were meant to be Mouth is smart.  He can get another job, but a girl like Millicent won't come around that often.  He was played by Rachel enough in high school, he did not need it from Alice too!

OMG Brooke and Jamie are adorable!  Her getting advice on her love life from him: "I believe he said it was what was under the clothes"  can't believe that actually came out of four year old Jamie's mouth!  I think if they made a spin off that was an hour of just him interacting with Brooke and Skillz it would be so funny!

Not much else to say about Carrie other than what has been said.  I hope Nathan does something about her soon!  I understand why he didn't tell Haley about the kiss and I think he was right about it at the time, but eventually I think he needs to come clean to Haley and tell her Carrie has been flirting non stop with him, kissed him and needs to be let go!  Carrie is really taking advantage of her position now, not just with Nathan, but with Jamie too.  If Haley were more focused on her own life than with Lucas's and Mia's maybe she'd see it for herself!

So happy for Mouth an Milicent!  I knew they should be together from the fast forwards.  They are just so perfect!

Brooke in the back of Owen car...day ja vu!  I like the story line between the two of them.  It is something different for Brooke.  Espeicially since she turn him down on sex and just wants to take it one step at a time.  My how she has grown

What Peyton said to Molly was really inspiring.  I'm glad Peyton is going to put the past behind her and not fight Lindsay for Lucas because that story line is so over done.  I haven't seen the preview for next week yet, but I read above something about a lindsay peyton showdown.  I just hope they don't go too cliche with it like the Nathan-Hayley-Carrie triangle storyline!

Promo looks interesting.  Always love those episodes where they trap two characters who don't get along together and see how it turns out.  Shall be a good epi.

Anyhow, I was scanning YouTube afterwards and found this from the next episode: WARNING SPOILER!

I have a feeling this isn't the end though!

Reply 87#87 bala's post

I just learned how.  It is simple enough.  What you do is copy the embeded text, isolate the url from there and then put it in the code [flash ]URL[ /flash] without the spaces

Reply 96#96 bala's post

I too would love to see Jake come back.  Peyton could use the love interest, but Bryan Greenberg now has October Road. I'm pretty sure his daughter would be older than 5 now, probably more like 6 or 7.

I like this episode.  I agree Tim's appearance was pretty Random.  I really liked how they brought in the memories of Keith and Jimmy.  It was a bit of a nostalgic episode.  I felt really bad for Lindsay after Peyton said all those things about her dad then found out he died of cancer.  I hope now they will be able to get along civilly.  You can't expect them to be best friends, but at least now they won't be at each other's throats all the time.

I wonder how Haley is going to take the news about Carrie kissing Nathan.  She has a history of overreacting when it comes to Nathan confessing, or finding out something he is hiding.  Hopefully she will realize it was not Nathan's doing and should not hold blame on him.  When he told Luke he was sincerely sorry it ever happen and really doesn't want to hurt her.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE JAMIE!!!!!!  I know I post that everytime, but I just can't help it.  he is the cutest little thing!  Watching him makes me miss my kids from the kindergarden class I volunteered at.

Next episode looks good.  I hope nothing happens to Jamie!  The clip made me worry.  it's like you see in all those movies where the kid disappears on his way to school.  Anyway we'll just have to wait and see.  I also read that Brooke and Owen take a trip to New York and she runs into someone from her past.  I wonder who that could be...okay so I couldn't wait to just be surprised when the show airs so I looked up the cast.  If you wanna know highlight to read Rachel.  Should be and interesting episode!

UGH!!! I am so angry with Haley right now and I can't even express my feeling about Carrie right now I am just too UGH!!  I knew haley was going to overact to the situation, it is in her personality, but a divorce?!?  If I had caught my husband in the shower with another woman, I probably would have done the same and kicked him out.  Nathan tried really hard to show Haley it wasn't his doing.  Yeah he could have done more to prevent it earlier on, but he sincerely loves her and would never do anything to hurt her.  Now I'm not saying the right move would have been for them to make up and get over it, building back trust after an incident like that takes time, but a divorce, just a bit too drastic.  I hope Haley will come to realize the entire thing was Carrie's doing, and although Nathan could have done more to prevent it, he is a guy.  I hope they are able to pull it together and save their marriage.  After all, we need one happy couple on the show!

Which leads me to Brooke and Owen.  This episode really made me fall in love with Owen as Brooke's love interest.  They are perfect for each other, and just the way he helped her out with Rachel shows he's not just any guy.  He's special.

It was nice to see Rachel again.  Not surprising she turned out the way she did.  It'll be interesting to see how she fits  into the story in Tree Hill now.

Great episode!  Loved Jamie!  Sometimes I can't believe he is only 4!  I mean the whole conversation with Brooke and Owen...Woah!  Way more mature than a four year old there.  I mean what four year old actually understands relationships like that?  Also in the end when he was asking Nathan if he was going to be home when he wakes up made me choke up a bit!  Only a face as sweet and innocent as his can make such a scene so emotional!

I was really hoping Haley would let Nathan back in the house this episode.  I was expecting them to talk and start to patch things over.  I understand it will take Haley some time to completely forgive him, but she has to know how much he loves her and how much everyone else sees that they should stay together!  I really hope they can work things out.  If not for themselves right now, at least for Jamie.  Then overtime Haley can come to realize she overreacted and was too harsh on Nathan and they can live happily ever after

Bevin and ***(I took out his name because I realized this is a quiz question.  You should all know who I'm talking about though!!!)!?!?!?!?!  Did not see that one coming!  Well actually I did once she said she was married and had a son, but woah!  Big surprise.  I like how they are pulling in some of the old Tree Hill characters randomly.  I like to see how the writers thought they would be four years later.  Bevin I've got to say they pinned down just right.  Always expected her to still be that cheerleader hung up on the high school days!

Chase: HAHAHAHAHAHAH  I mean I knew that was coming because I saw the spoilers, but still was so funny!  That "awkward" scene in the car...hilarious!  I wonder if we are going to be seeing him again, or if that was that.  He and Peyton actually looked cute together.  Now Brooke just has to be okay with her best friend dating her ex and boyfriend's best friend...drama drama drama (to quote one of my favorite chic flicks)

I was not expected Haley's phone call to Lucas to be that!  I was half expecting her to ask to talk to Nathan.  I can't wait to see Lucas's reaction, since we all know this next episode is the wedding episode, so it is not called off before hand.  Will Haley object to the wedding, or make Lucas realize his mistake, or will he and Lindsay get married and then she reads the book (which obviously expresses his love for Peyton or else Haley would not have made the call) and then cause problems between them.

Kudos to Brooke to firing Victoria!  It was time!!!!

Can't wait for episode 100 and can't wait to see Karen and little Lily!

[ Last edited by imarielle626 at 3-13-2008 15:18 ]

Reply 120#120 funny-girl101's post

Just watched the promo.  At 17 seconds, there is a girl with short brown hair.  Who is she?  Is it Carrie?  Oh no!

Funnygirl, I did mention something about Lucas saying the wrong name like Ross did on Friends.  When Skillz said that I just had to laugh!

I am glad the wedding didn't happen.  Not to say I didn't like Lucas and Lindsey together, but a relationship like that would have never lasted because sooner or later Peyton would have gotten in the way (either physically or emotionally).  When she got up and told Luke he couldn't marry Lindsey in the middle of the service I was shocked!  But then we found out it was just in her head.

I am glad Dan saved Jamie.  I still have mixed feelings on him (after all we all know his past), but he did have a lot of time to think , so he could have changed, or at least in trying to.  For now I will give him the benefit of the doubt.  I was a little afraid the situation was going to get turned around and he get blamed for the kidnapping when he was really only trying to help.  They said all the highways had his license plate number so how he managed to get around without getting caught is beyond me (yes I realize it is just a show)

I'm glad Nathan and Haley are finally back together!  At least that is the feeling I got.  I loved the flashback to their wedding night "I will love you always and forever".

It was great to see Karen again.  I though Andy's line to Lucas how he would give it all up for Keith to be there on his wedding day was so sweet!

Jamie and Lily...adorable!  Lily making him call her his aunt =)  And seeing Jamie drive was so cute.  That big smile on his face!

Brooke...wow!  I too thought she was going to tell Lucas she came back for him.  But that also didn't make sense.  WIll Owen be her guy???

"Who takes their male roommate camping?"
"Jake Gynlenhal"
^^So funny!  took me a second to get though because when I first heard Petyon say Jake Gylenhal I heard Jake Jigalski and had to do a sort of double take

Congratulations OTH for making it to 100!

Reply 157#157 funny-girl101's post

Wow, he must have one big college fund!  I wonder who came up with that idea!

I don't know why, but I just had this feeling Lucas was calling Brooke.  I think there was a line in one of the last few episodes where someone told Luke to just pick someone whether it be Lindsay, Peyton, or Brooke, marry them and get over it.  I thought it was weird that Brooke made it in that list.  I'll admit I was a huge Brucus fan at the time by Leyton really grew on me.  I want to see Luke and Peyton together again now.  Anyway, I don't think it was Peyton because well Luke would not just call Peyton up and ask her to marry him like that.  At least not in the state he was in then.  I don't think it was Lindsay because I don't think he got the message from her yet.  If he did well maybe it could be her, but I still don't think he would have asked her like that.  After they way she treated him, a big jump like that would probably scare her farther away.  After all his flying up to NY to see her made her lie about another guy.  So that leaves Brooke.  They have both really been there for each other so it'd be easy for them to just get married like that.  You can see that they love each other, just not in the same way he loves Lindsay and Peyton loves Lucas.  so thats my little schpeel.  can't wait to see who it actually was though. ah the suspense is killing me!

Reply 301#301 funny-girl101's post

and when jamie's ice cream fell out of the cone...adorable!

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

my money is on someone hired by Victoria!

it was a great premiere!  I am so happy for Peyton and Lucas!  bringing him back to the hotel room to fulfill her dream was so romantic!  It took the writers long enough!

I knew Carrie was going to be back, but I did not expect that!  I was almost happy when Dan was going to escape (not that i like him but i just hate Carrie more!) but then they pulled that!  WOW Carrie is even more messed up than ever!

LOVE JAMIE!!! He is the most adorable little thing!  And him dancing to rap songs

31 12
Thread