43 123
Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

OMG, I just got finished watching the most recent episode. I knew that she was her mom! I kept asking myself why Brooke would take that crap off someone and then I was like "She wouldn't unless it was like her mom or something". Thats terrible. She wasn't around when she was a kid but now that she's rich and famous, mom's by her side. I LOVE what Nathan did for Haley. He never ceases to awe me. And Jamie's shrine was the cutest thing ever! I like Lindsey. At first I didn't because I that that Lucas and Peyton should be together. But she really seems nice. I really like Carrie, too...as long as her intentions stay pure. I love how Brooke had a room for Peyton in her house. Overall, this was a wonderful episode; I can't wait until next week.

Oh yeah, I also don't really like their choice of picking Kevin Federline. But I'll try to give him a chance and see if his character/acting improves. And yes, thank God Nathan made good use of his razor.

So, what did you guys think of last night's episode. I think it was a good episode. I like the message it gave about how if you allow someone else to take your job of raising your child, then the child will let that person take your place. Brooke's mom is absolutely terrible and conniving. I don't really get whats going on with Lucas, like does he still have feelings for Peyton or what. It was great to see Nathan back to being his self.  I don't know who I dislike more, Victoria or Quincy. I was glad to see K-Fed leave, he's so annoying. I hope thats the last of him. I don't know, I'm starting to have mixed feelings about Lindsey now. Like there's something just don't like about her. Anyway, its nice to see the Scott Family happy but I'm missing other characters like Whitey, Karen, Deb, and yes, even Dan (not the criminal Dan but the annoying, controlling one). Its not the same without them.

The way I see it is that Mouth wants to end it but now Alice has something to hold over him. I think that she could tell that their little fling was coming to an end so she tried to act like she was actually considering him for an anchor job since she knows how much he wants it. I don't think that it would really matter if their relationship was outed unless it violated some code of conduct for the job. I felt like if she really liked Mouth and wasn't using him, she would stop being so mean to everyone and she never would have told him that "her private life is her business". I don't think that Peyton was overreacting because she obviously has feelings for Lucas and she is trying to get over them because of the whole "Lindsey" thing. And here he is playing with her emotions. I mean he really needs to make up his mind. When he first saw her in Tree Hill. the first thing he said was that he was with someone and he was like really standoff-ish and kindda mean. Now , all of a sudden, he wants things to go back to how they were and Peyton looks "beautiful". I don't know why but I get the feeling that Lucas is not going to stay with Lindsey and if he does its because he doesn't want to handle the drama of it all. Just my opinion.

Reply #22 funny-girl101's post

I totally agree with you, I'm rooting for Millicent and Mouth to be a couple. And Victoria is like the new Dan - GREAT ANALOGY!!! I pray that Nathan teaches that Quentin dude a lesson! OMG, I'm so psyched! I can't wait!

I like Peyton. I think that she's misunderstood. I also think that I really connected with her during the part of her life when Ellie died because I've had multiple scares about my mom's life recently and I know how she felt. I also completely understood her yelling at Lucas at the C/B store opening because I have also been there (in that position before).

It was so nice to see some of the stuff that we had missed...I really enjoyed the insight to the pass. I loved seeing Whitey in an episode again! It was so cute seeing Nathan and Haley with One year old Jamie and his first word being "ball".   I could tell that Lucas still loved Peyton from when he first saw her back in Tree Hill. If he were over her, he would not have been so mean. Besides that, look at how he acted with her the night of the C/B Store opening. I hope everything works out. Lindsey is okay but Peyton and Lucas belong together. I can't believe Peyton turned him down. I guess it was a bit much with them being 19 and all but it came as a shocker because before (when she was younger) she wanted to marry Jake.

OMG, I just saw the promo for next week's episode, thats so freaky! I guess she was too good to be true...I can't wait!

Reply #37 bala's post

Lindsey wasn't a new love interest yet. She may have liked him but his mind was somewhere else. I even think that the only reason that he got flirt with Brooke was because of what she was saying about them when they pretended to be engaged.

And yes, that was really dumb of CMM to cheat on SB with Paris Hilton of all people.

Reply #43 imarielle626's post

Jamie is the best...hands down! I loved the part when he asked Nathan to check the closet and under the bed. I really wish that the story didn't play out with the nanny being like this because its so typical but its whatever I guess. Speaking of "whatever", Victoria is SO MEAN TO EVERYONE. She's like mean for no reason. I feel so sorry for Brooke. I obviously hate Carrie now. The whole way she got in the pool, then the helping Nathan with his pants thing, then what she told Lindsey, and the naked swimming at then end was all too much. She hasn't even known Nathan that long and she like never really spends time with him. I'm glad that the part where she told Jamie that she sometimes acts like he's her son in the promo didn't actually happen in this episode. That would have sucked. I still do not like Quincy, but I feel like if he changes; he could actually turn out to be a nice person. And I agree that he is exactly what Nathan needs right now and vice versa.

Episode 7

Ok, Lucas really annoyed me this episode...almost as much as Nanny Carrie. Would she please get a new love interest. I think that she and K-Fed make a good couple: they're both sorta mental so at least they have that in common. But Lucas and his mixed signals... Anyway, I think that I am really starting to like Quincy. Does anyone else think that Haley overreacted about the whole bar thing?? I mean, I could see where she was coming from but that dude did rub her butt in front of her husband. I'm surprised that she held a grudge with Nathan that long. I thought that it was going to be a reason for him to start looking towards Carrie but thank God it wasn't. Nathan was really getting on my nerves this episode with the whole "jealous-flirting-giving-Carrie-attention" thing. But he made up for it in the end. Also, did anyone else think that Carrie was drinking a bit much?? Who knows what type of person she really is. Omg, one word...Brooke's mom. I'll leave it at that because I'm still in shock over it. But the Bitter Shrew drink was a nice touch from Peyton.

Reply 57#57 imarielle626's post

Okay, that makes more sense now because I was like "He didn't even hit the guy!". I think that Lucas probably proposed because Lindsey maybe threatened to break-up with him because her actions throughout the whole night were night exactly ideal (in the sense that it would make Lucas want to marry her). But I was like "What the crap?!" Poor Peyton... I was really upset with Nathan this episode until he turned the lights off (even though he should have told her to go home or told Hailey) and when he told Hailey that he couldn't take her being mad at him. Is this the Champagne Suite?? - That was sweet. But then, I got mad at him again because when Hailey brought cheating; he had a guilty look on his face. And if he really did dismiss Carrie's actions as being innocent, then he would not have seemed guilty and looked towards the balcony.
P.S. I LOVE Mouth and Millicent together and both of their names begin with "M"...it so cute!

I like how Owen is a guy that wasn't and isn't trying to pursue Brooke Davis. That kindda gives him a resemblance to Chase. Normally, its like "BROOKE DAVIS. OMG, she's so hot". But this time, he's like "You too young." I loved that part.

Here's the promo to next week's episode: http://www.cwtv.com/shows/one-tree-hill. I do not want to spoil it so, I'll comment after you guys see it.

Episode 8

OMG, I think that this is by far my favorite episode of the season. I do love Brooke, she's such a great friend! It was nice getting to see Skills and Jamie again...I missed those guys. I really feel sorry for Peyton. I have to say that I was just as upset with her as everyone else when she turned down Lucas' proposal and with how she acted. But she was young and she doesn't deserve this. I can't express how much I dislike Nanny Carrie anymore; I think that she has taken it way too far. I kindda fault Hailey for being oblivious to the whole thing. And like "What the heck?!", she lives with them now. She has to go. I feel bad for Nathan because he's this great guy and I know that he wants to tell her but he knows that no matter when he does, Hailey will be angry at him for not telling her in the first place. I did feel bad for Lindsey , but I'm sorry I just do not think that she's the girl for Lucas. And what is with Hailey acting like Nathan doesn't matter anymore. I get that they have been married for a while now and that they have a kid, but they're still young. And just because she puts music, teaching, and Quincy ahead of that doesn't mean that Nathan is supposed to just deal with it.

Reply 78#78 funny-girl101's post

"Brooke PENELOPE Davis"...I LOVED that part. OMG, I was just thinking the same thing about Hailey. Its like she's so negative and angry when it comes towards her family. All she really does is drop Jamie off now. I think she may be having an early life crisis or something since she's a young mother. But whatever it is, she has to change. I hope that her finding out about Carrie will change how she acts. I get that Nathan was going through a bad time and all but now he's out of it..and trying to be a better husband. She said that she missed "them" (how they were) but she's not holding up her end of the bargain (so to speak). And yes, I think that was the last of Alice...YAY! How gross was finding out about all of those other guys. Mouth & Milicent forever!

Episode 9

I really liked this episode (and the played my song at the end!). Lindsey was way mean, though. Like, she seemed like a nicer person. Like when she told Peyton that she wasn't the girl from the book, well Lindsey cannot exactly be the judge of that because she didn't know her before then. I felt really bad about what happened with her dad but Peyton lost her mom...twice. That has to be terrible. I thought that it was nice of Lindsey when she tried to be nice to Peyton but I don't know...I liked her before but not so much now. I don't know there's just something about her. Anyway, was Jamie not the cutest in this episode when he was hanging out with the guys...especially when he was imitating Quincy. I wish that Nathan would have just told Hailey anyway. I knew that Carrie was going to interrupt him. He should have closed the door and now Hailey is still going to blame him anyway. It was so nice seeing Tim!

OMG, I'm such a dork. I called Quentin, Quincy.

Reply 99#99 xxjujuxx's post

OMG, I was so thinking the same thing. She has changed so much! I thought that a little bit of her old self was shown in the last episode: "We're hungry, Brooke." But I don't know what's her deal. I know that Nathan was in a slump for a while but its like she can't move on from how she was at that time. I'm not liking Lindsey either. I really liked her when she was first introduced...I loved how nice she was with giving the Good Luck tree to Peyton and all. I really liked her but I think that she has changed some. I don't really don't see where all of Lindsey's animosity towards Peyton came from. I know that she heard her say that she didn't like her, but it only went that far. I know that Peyton took her animosity about her situation out on Lindsey and that also wasn't fair. But I felt like a lot of things that she said was totally out of line like the whole "you'll be bleeding all over this library again" thing. I tried to go back and see who started the whole discrepancy between them and it was Lindsey who shouted at Peyton about ordering. I don't know...its like I really liked her when she said how Peyton intimidates her because I know that it takes a lot to tell someone that but...I guess she'll grow on me later.

OMG! OMG! I still can't get over this episode. What is wrong with Haley??   I have no idea why Nathan even thought that he kissed Carrie because he didn't. I LOVE Owen, now. I think that he is the perfect guy for Brooke. I also love Brooke...she is the kindest friend and I'm glad that she decided to bring Rachel back to Tree Hill with her. So, I guess Rachel is going to join the cast now. I feel so bad for Nathan...whatever he does is never enough. Yes, Peyton's storyline today wasn't as exciting as everyone else's but I really love her and Mia together. It is sad to see her go. Can I just say that Lucas' speech about Keith had me totally tearing up. Its so sad.   I really enjoyed this episode, though. Carrie is crazy! I can't believe she did the things that she did in this episode...especially involving Jamie in it. The thought of Jamie being in danger was so sad.   Overall, Owen is like my favorite new Adult character (no one tops Jamie ).

I also tried to put myself in Haley's shoes and I would not have reacted like that. She KNOWS Nathan, all she has to do is think. Would he have really tried to cheat with Carrie knowing that she was coming home?? No, and how he told her her loved her on the phone right before was so genuine. I mean, if Nathan didn't show signs of infidelity for throughout the years they were married (and even dating); why would he start now? I think that she took out her frustration about what Jamie said and his almost dying on Nathan. Not just that, throughout the whole time Carrie was there, Nathan kept telling Haley how he wished that she were home more and that they spent more time together. Cheating guys would be like "Take all the time you need, honey". Not just that, if they actually had been showering together why would he have told her in advance and why wasn't Carrie's hair wet. Haley saw herself how Carrie just walks into her house when she pleases. Anyway besides that, I agree...I'm SO loving Owen right now. He's just what Brooke needs...someone whose not materialistic and new (not from Tree Hill or mixed in with all of its drama). I wonder if Dan got granted bail or not...something tells me that he did.

43 123
Thread