137 1234567
Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 2#2 imarielle626's post

Yeah, the disruptive guy in Haley's class (his name's Quintin) totally made me think of season 1 Nathan. I hated his attitude towards Haley. But I agree that Skillz and Lucas will make him into a team player.

Jamie is the best! I loved all the nicknames they had for him (Lucas: J-Luke. Nathan: Jim Jam. Skillz: Big Game James). "It's my life. I'm taking a stand. Is that okay?"   SO cute!

Reply 7#7 Sazza81's post

Sazza, you can watch the show on the VIP Channel. All the episodes are on there, including the season 5 episodes.

You do need points to watch One Tree Hill on the VIP channel though. You can earn your first 2 points by introducing yourself in the Welcome and Introduction Thread. After that, you can earn points by participating in games and quizzes. Once you have 10 points, you can convert those points into VIP points which you can use to watch One Tree Hill. Here's more information about VIP points: VIP Membership {Donations, Points & More)

Check out the Newcomer Guidance Board. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I'm so glad Nathan shaved his beard off. I was really hoping to see Nathan with a short haircut though. I mean, I like the long hair, but it just doesn't look right anymore.

I'm glad we got to see Dan. I actually felt kind of bad for him. He's the bad guy on the show and all, but I couldn't help but feel bad for him when Nathan told him that little Jamie thinks that his grandpa's dead. I wonder where Deb is, they haven't mentioned her at all.

Kevin Federline. Um. I don't what to say. Let's just say that I didn't like his acting. But it looks like he's gonna be on the show for a while.

I liked this episode. It didn't have that many "OMG" moments like the previous episodes had, but it was an okay episode.

Lucas and Peyton. Obviously, they still have feelings for each other. No matter how much Peyton wants to deny it, everybody knows that she wasn't  "just a girlfriend" to Lucas. I initially found the whole "That's not fair speech" kind of over acted too, but thinking about it now, it makes sense for Peyton to freak out like that. She made a promise to Lindsey about her and Lucas, and she's trying to move on by flirting with the bartender, but then Lucas keeps on pulling her in by complimenting her wth "You look beautiful", "You deserve better than him", etc. I can totally see something happening between Peyton and Lucas that will hurt Lindsey and Lucas' relationship in the future episodes.

Brooke's store looked amazing. Victoria is like the new Dan. Just when you think she's actually supporting her daughter, you find out that she was rooting for the store to fail. I loved Millicent for "buying" the dress. She's such an awesome assistant.

I think that Millicent and Mouth would make a better couple than Alice and Mouth. Both are nice, sweet people and they've both got the mean boss thing going on.

I'm so glad Nathan cut his hair! The long hair looked good with the beard, but I thought it looked kind of awkward once the beard was gone. Anyway, I can't wait until, like, Nathan recovers and shows Quentin what he can actually do. I'm sick of Quentin's remarks about Nathan being a "has been". He's so arrogant. I don't even think that season 1 Nathan was that bad. Hopefully, Lucas, Skills and Nathan can do something about him.

I liked that Haley got back into her music. She's really talented and I think that doing something in music (producing Mia's record) will make her really happy. As long as she doesn't abandon Nathan and Jamie in the process. Speaking of Jamie, the drawing he made about Carrie and him will definitely play a big part in the upcoming episodes. He'll probably get more attached to Carrie than Haley and I can see that causing trouble.

Next episode will be filled with flashbacks to the college years and we'll find out about what exactly caused Peyton and Lucas' break up (more in depth than the 10 second explanation we got in the previous episode). Can't wait!

Reply 25#25 bala's post

Peyton's not my favorite character at all, but I don't agree with what Victoria said about her.     
Brooke was obviously unhappy in New York. She needed an escape from that life sooner or later. So, I don't think Peyton's to blame for getting Brooke back to Tree Hill. Plus, they all promised at the end of season 4 that they would all meet again in Tree Hill after the college years. So, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Reply 27#27 nye87's post

I sympathize with Peyton with all the drama she's gone through. I mean, nobody deserves to lose their mother twice. However, I dislike her because of what she did to Brooke with Lucas. I would gladly give the "Worst Best Friend Of The Year" award to season 1 Peyton.

Bala, in the promo for next week, did you figure who the girl in the flashback was? I'm unsure about who it is. I'm skeptical about the Peyton and Lucas part of the promo. One Tree Hill promos can be very misleading. I remember this promo from season 3 where they made it seem that Brooke was talking to Nathan, but in the actual episode, they were two totally different scenes. Brooke and Nathan didn't even share the screen during that episode. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: Scratch that. The Peyton and Lucas part is definitely one scene.

I liked this episode. It was nice to see Whitey again. And 1-year-old Jamie was just too cute! And...we found out what actually went down between Peyton and Lucas. Plus, they played Missy Higgins' "Where I Stood" during the scene where Peyton turns down Lucas' proposal. Seriously, you should've seen how excited I was when that song started playing.

Anyways, I don't blame Peyton for turning down Lucas' proposal, I mean they were only 19 and they weren't exactly who they were in high school anymore. I loved the Brooke and Lucas parts of the episode, even though I couldn't stop thinking how ironic it must've been for Chad and Sophia to film those scenes. Victoria's reaction to Lucas' "proposal" to Brooke was hilarious! She's so superficial and concerned about stuff that, in the end, don't really matter. I hated her during the whole  "Call me Victoria. Mom makes me feel so old," line. Seriously, could she get any worse? I loved Brooke's line "You stormed up L.A. and went all Naley on her?"   I think it was actually Brooke who started the whole Naley nickname. The Nathan, Haley and Jamie scenes were really cute, just like all the Nathan, Haley and Jamie scenes are. That is one good-looking family.

Next week's episode...OMG doesn't even come close to describing it for me. I was just talking the other day about how I hope the writers won't pull a Nathan and Carrie storyline and what do we have in the preview!? Nathan and Carrie. Ugh. I'm thinking (and hoping!) it's a dream too as next week's episode is titled "Don't Dream It's Over".

Reply 37#37 bala's post

As far as I've heard, they're friends. Nothing more. Sophia hangs out a lot with James Lafferty and Hilarie Burton. Bethany is more reserved and she spends her time with her husband. Sophia was asked about working with Chad during recent interviews (when she was promoting season 5) and this is what she said:
Quote:
"He and I get along just as well as the other cast now. We all have a lot of fun together. We're all a family after five years. There are days when you all wanna kill each other and days when you all love each other. People like to make such a big deal out of my love life!"
What's really messed up is that, like 3 months after their separation, Chad got together with Kenzie Dalton (who is like 19) and they're now engaged. Kenzie was an extra on season 3 of the show. She was one of the cheerleaders. (If any of you still have a good memory about season 3, she was one of the girls who helped model Brooke's clothes, she also told Mouth to move out of the way when the cheerleaders were taking pictures of guys for the fantasy date draft. She's also in a lot of the background scenes).

I officially hate Carrie now. She seemed like a great nanny, but I guess you can't judge a book by its cover. I find it weird how she makes this whole 180 turn and becomes attracted to Nathan. She didn't seem like she had any feelings for him in the previous episodes. And now, she's all after him. I think she was way out of line with the skinny dipping. Inappropriate much? I don't get why she was still at Nathan/Haley's house during that time. I mean, before she left when Haley came home, but now she's there like 24/7. I don't know who I hated the most during that scene...Carrie for doing that, or Nathan for actually standing there and watching her. Nathan better not do something stupid or I'll add him to my hate list. I can't believe the writers actually went with this (way overused) storyline.

Okay, now I've vent my anger for Carrie...it's time to vent my anger for Victoria!   She reminds me SO MUCH of Dan. I think that Peyton was right about Victoria...how she's scared that once Brooke knows how to run the business side of Clothes Over Bro's, she's no longer needed anymore. I bet that's going to happen sooner or later anyway.

Lucas and Peyton. That confrontation was bound to happen. Trouble in Lindsey and Lucas paradise.

I'm glad Quentin agreed to reading the book. Hopefully, he'll become a more likable character.

I LOVED the Jamie scenes of this episode. Jackson Brundage is such a cute little kid! I loved what Skillz told Jamie about why Dan was send to jail. And the Guitar Hero scene...OMG, could he be any cuter?

I saw a preview with Carrie and Nathan at the bar (next week's episode mostly takes place at Tric) and my hate for Carrie just keep on growing.

Reply 50#50 bala's post

I think there's a big difference between making a move on somebody and making a move on a happily married man whose kid you're supposed to look after. Not to mention, Haley never did anything wrong to her.

The irony in Carrie skinny-dipping was that yes, Haley told her not to wear a bikini in the pool (suggesting that she should wear a one-piece), but she took it too literal (on purpose). My hate for Carrie isn't only based on what happened in 5x06, I've read spoilers about her and it's not nice..at all.

Reply 52#52 bala's post

Hey, I had to get my One Tree Hill fix from somewhere in those 6 months of waiting.

Reply 54#54 angel17halo's post

I totally agree. The whole promo felt like a deja vu of season 1. Not only the Haley catching them, but Lucas and Peyton wanting to be together when Lucas is already with somebody. Season 1, it was Brooke, now it's Lindsey.

Brooke's reaction to finding out Victoria being at Tric was priceless. Anyhow, I could not stand Nathan throughout this episode. What was up with the flirting and being possessive of Carrie thing?  Jason and Carrie would be, like, a match made in heaven.   Why did Carrie go home with Nathan and Haley? That was weird. The girl has some guts. "If I said some really inappropriate things tonight, I just want you to know that I meant them all." What the heck?!

I think Haley overreacted. I understood where she was coming from, after all, a bar fight was what ruined Nathan's career. But still, I don't know how she expected for Nathan to just sit there and watch his wife's butt getting slapped by an arrogant dude. I'm glad Jason got what he deserved from Quentin. That just pretty much rocked my socks.    I agree that some of the disappointment Haley expressed towards Nathan was due to Lucas and Peyton, though.

Speaking of Peyton and Lucas, seriously, I don't have any words for it. I think that Lindsey knows that there's something wrong with the proposal.  She didn't sound too happy when she told Peyton that Lucas proposed to her. Lucas didn't look too happy either. I don't see their engagement lasting too long.

Reply 61#61 nye87's post

I loved Owen's lines. "I don't mean to brag, but everybody in this club is drinking my drinks." "What do you see yourself drinking in 20 years?", "Yeah, I hate it when hot girls hit on me too."

5x08 Clip - Carrie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtFeZs3sxSg

This video comes with a "You'll hate Carrie even more" warning.

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 2-14-2008 20:10 ]

Reply 65#65 cassey's post

You're welcome, glad to have another OTH fan on board.

Reply 67#67 bala's post

Join the club.

Reply 69#69 bala's post

Next episode is episode 5.08, so including that one, 5 more episodes. Then the show goes on a month hiatus and comes back in April (around the 14th, I think) with 6 new episodes.

Reply 71#71 bala's post

Okay, did some research. Last pre-strike episode, 5.12 "Hundred" airs on March 18th. The show returns on April 14th. That's not that bad compared to the 4 months wait we had to endure last season and the half year wait for season 5!

137 1234567
Thread