Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I like how Owen is a guy that wasn't and isn't trying to pursue Brooke Davis. That kindda gives him a resemblance to Chase. Normally, its like "BROOKE DAVIS. OMG, she's so hot". But this time, he's like "You too young." I loved that part.

Here's the promo to next week's episode: http://www.cwtv.com/shows/one-tree-hill. I do not want to spoil it so, I'll comment after you guys see it.

Reply 61#61 nye87's post

I loved Owen's lines. "I don't mean to brag, but everybody in this club is drinking my drinks." "What do you see yourself drinking in 20 years?", "Yeah, I hate it when hot girls hit on me too."

5x08 Clip - Carrie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtFeZs3sxSg

This video comes with a "You'll hate Carrie even more" warning.

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 2-14-2008 20:10 ]

I hate Carrie-why the hell is she even it in. I am loving this series but surely we had enough of all this stalker thing with pysco derek last season. I really want to see the new eppie. I need to catch up on my weekly leyton angst. Hilarie is doing such a great job yet again. She is the actress in the whole show by far...however, i must say that i am loving Brooke this season. Her and Peyton's friendship is stronger than ever! They are like sisters. Lucas is starting to get on my nerves and Hayley is ever so boring this season and slightly mean to some people. I say she needs to sort her own love life out until she butts into other people's.

Rant over. So glad i joined this little discussion group. Thanks for invite funny girl. Oh and i checked my facebook today and got a message that said that the new 6 episodes which start filming soon for season 5 will be on a monday and not a tuesday to increase ratings. Incase anyone didn't know

Reply 65#65 cassey's post

You're welcome, glad to have another OTH fan on board.

Reply 66#66 funny-girl101's post

i can't wait new episode to be updated.

Reply 67#67 bala's post

Join the club.

Reply 68#68 funny-girl101's post

How many more episode until the show breaks?

Reply 69#69 bala's post

Next episode is episode 5.08, so including that one, 5 more episodes. Then the show goes on a month hiatus and comes back in April (around the 14th, I think) with 6 new episodes.

Reply 70#70 funny-girl101's post

so it only 2 week break that really not bad

Reply 71#71 bala's post

Okay, did some research. Last pre-strike episode, 5.12 "Hundred" airs on March 18th. The show returns on April 14th. That's not that bad compared to the 4 months wait we had to endure last season and the half year wait for season 5!

when's episode  8 gonna be on vip?
thanks

Reply 73#73 xxjujuxx's post

I have no idea. I've been waiting for the whole day. No kidding. I'm sure it'll be updated as soon as they can find a reliable source.

lol same... every minute i check lol...just the best day to waste a day heh?

Reply 75#75 xxjujuxx's post

I know! I've been glued to the site today. Every single spare second I can find, I'm like "Let's go see if it's updated yet!".

Episode 8

OMG, I think that this is by far my favorite episode of the season. I do love Brooke, she's such a great friend! It was nice getting to see Skills and Jamie again...I missed those guys. I really feel sorry for Peyton. I have to say that I was just as upset with her as everyone else when she turned down Lucas' proposal and with how she acted. But she was young and she doesn't deserve this. I can't express how much I dislike Nanny Carrie anymore; I think that she has taken it way too far. I kindda fault Hailey for being oblivious to the whole thing. And like "What the heck?!", she lives with them now. She has to go. I feel bad for Nathan because he's this great guy and I know that he wants to tell her but he knows that no matter when he does, Hailey will be angry at him for not telling her in the first place. I did feel bad for Lindsey , but I'm sorry I just do not think that she's the girl for Lucas. And what is with Hailey acting like Nathan doesn't matter anymore. I get that they have been married for a while now and that they have a kid, but they're still young. And just because she puts music, teaching, and Quincy ahead of that doesn't mean that Nathan is supposed to just deal with it.

The Brooke and Jamie scenes in this episode were too cute! I'm hoping for more Jamie/Brooke scenes in the future. I used to LOVE Haley, but I don't know, in these last two episodes, I'm starting to like her less and less. She seems so distant from Jamie and Nathan now and sort of has this holier-than-thou attitude. Jamie calling Carrie "Momma" didn't really come as a shock to me. Haley rarely spends time with Jamie now, instead it's always Carrie (who apparently, is now living with the Scotts ). Carrie's "Sometimes I pretend you're my kid," was just..wrong. What's also wrong is her kissing Nathan. Good thing he didn't kiss her back or I wouldn't have a computer screen right now! Nathan looked so torn. He loves Haley and doesn't want to do anything to hurt her, but she's almost never there for him and no matter what he does, she'll be upset with him. Carrie needs to go!

"Naked in the backseat is so last year, in fact it's two years ago." Those are Brooke's own words to Rachel in season 3 when Rachel was naked in Lucas' backseat. It's more like 5 years ago now. I know she did it to prove to Owen that she's not who he thinks she is, and I was glad that she turned him down, but why even do that to begin with? I loved the Brooke/Owen scene in the beginning of the episode though. "My name is practically a brand now, so I can sue you for naming that drink after me."  "Actually, you named that drink after yourself."

I felt bad for both Lindsey and Peyton, actually. I'm sure Lucas loves Lindsey, but I don't think he'll ever stop loving Peyton and that'll definitely be trouble for Lucas and Lindsey. I loved Peyton's letter to Molly/ending monologue. "The love, and joy and excitement you felt will always be there, underneath the paint," (or something along those lines..).

Alice..ha! I'm glad Mouth is finally getting a fair chance at work now. And Mouth and Millicent are such a cute couple!

Next week's episode looks exciting. Peyton and Lindsey showdown!

Reply 78#78 funny-girl101's post

Well great review you covered all the points but the question is will Lucas go for it with lindsey until i see the wedding i will not accept Lindsey is his wife

Reply 78#78 funny-girl101's post

"Brooke PENELOPE Davis"...I LOVED that part. OMG, I was just thinking the same thing about Hailey. Its like she's so negative and angry when it comes towards her family. All she really does is drop Jamie off now. I think she may be having an early life crisis or something since she's a young mother. But whatever it is, she has to change. I hope that her finding out about Carrie will change how she acts. I get that Nathan was going through a bad time and all but now he's out of it..and trying to be a better husband. She said that she missed "them" (how they were) but she's not holding up her end of the bargain (so to speak). And yes, I think that was the last of Alice...YAY! How gross was finding out about all of those other guys. Mouth & Milicent forever!

Thread