Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Check out this link, people.. 5x06 sneak peek with the Scotts..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Z8iwb1H5s

Reply 40#40 funny-girl101's post

thank you for this-I'm glad neither one had to leave

Episode 6

So we called the CW on the Nathan/Carrie thing being just a bad dream, but the triangle is still there.  I guess it was inevitable that that story line was going to get thrown in, especially after Haley being warned not to hire a hot nanny, but I still dislike it!

Trouble in paradise for Luke and Lindsay.  Looks like Luke and Peyton may happen in the end after all.  Of course it won't happen soon because they need to keep Lindsay's character, but I have this feeling that the next book Lucas is writing is mostly about Peyton and on top of all the problems already between Lindsay and Peyton they will put her over the top, she will leave Lucas, Peyton will read the novel and Lucas and Peyton will be back together.  I know this is a bit optimistic of me, but I'm just reading between the lines and making my own predictions.

I like Quentin's character addition to the show now.  His character's personality isn't my favorite, but I think he will help Nathan get over his feeling sorry for himself stage because of everything that happened to him.

I am so in love with Jamie!  That scene with him and Skills playing Rock Band was adorable!  Reminded me of my four and five year old cousins playing Guitar Hero at my house.

Reply #43 imarielle626's post

Jamie is the best...hands down! I loved the part when he asked Nathan to check the closet and under the bed. I really wish that the story didn't play out with the nanny being like this because its so typical but its whatever I guess. Speaking of "whatever", Victoria is SO MEAN TO EVERYONE. She's like mean for no reason. I feel so sorry for Brooke. I obviously hate Carrie now. The whole way she got in the pool, then the helping Nathan with his pants thing, then what she told Lindsey, and the naked swimming at then end was all too much. She hasn't even known Nathan that long and she like never really spends time with him. I'm glad that the part where she told Jamie that she sometimes acts like he's her son in the promo didn't actually happen in this episode. That would have sucked. I still do not like Quincy, but I feel like if he changes; he could actually turn out to be a nice person. And I agree that he is exactly what Nathan needs right now and vice versa.

I officially hate Carrie now. She seemed like a great nanny, but I guess you can't judge a book by its cover. I find it weird how she makes this whole 180 turn and becomes attracted to Nathan. She didn't seem like she had any feelings for him in the previous episodes. And now, she's all after him. I think she was way out of line with the skinny dipping. Inappropriate much? I don't get why she was still at Nathan/Haley's house during that time. I mean, before she left when Haley came home, but now she's there like 24/7. I don't know who I hated the most during that scene...Carrie for doing that, or Nathan for actually standing there and watching her. Nathan better not do something stupid or I'll add him to my hate list. I can't believe the writers actually went with this (way overused) storyline.

Okay, now I've vent my anger for Carrie...it's time to vent my anger for Victoria!   She reminds me SO MUCH of Dan. I think that Peyton was right about Victoria...how she's scared that once Brooke knows how to run the business side of Clothes Over Bro's, she's no longer needed anymore. I bet that's going to happen sooner or later anyway.

Lucas and Peyton. That confrontation was bound to happen. Trouble in Lindsey and Lucas paradise.

I'm glad Quentin agreed to reading the book. Hopefully, he'll become a more likable character.

I LOVED the Jamie scenes of this episode. Jackson Brundage is such a cute little kid! I loved what Skillz told Jamie about why Dan was send to jail. And the Guitar Hero scene...OMG, could he be any cuter?

No need to re-say what everyones saying about carrie but dido!!!  One thing to add though is i've been a nanny and please you don't walk into your bosses bedroom when they have no pants on.  
The payton /lucas fight was about time.  they need to work though those issues.
I hope mouth and brooke's assistant get together sooner than later.  he's in one unhealthy relationship!!

all and all great episode!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

check out next episode preview here

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 47#47 kwargalla's post

just watched that promo...Lucas and Peyton!?! not going to say anything more for those who choose not to watch the preview for next episode.

I saw a preview with Carrie and Nathan at the bar (next week's episode mostly takes place at Tric) and my hate for Carrie just keep on growing.

ok good episode but i going to say something that might be unpopular with you guys but all carrie did make a pass on nathan that's all-the swimming pool was innocent but i think you making too much of it but it was only after Hailey spoke to her about her binki made carrie to think she could do something.

It now on nathan if he does make move he's to blame not carrie because he's married and she isn't-she's free to do what she want.

Reply 50#50 bala's post

I think there's a big difference between making a move on somebody and making a move on a happily married man whose kid you're supposed to look after. Not to mention, Haley never did anything wrong to her.

The irony in Carrie skinny-dipping was that yes, Haley told her not to wear a bikini in the pool (suggesting that she should wear a one-piece), but she took it too literal (on purpose). My hate for Carrie isn't only based on what happened in 5x06, I've read spoilers about her and it's not nice..at all.

Reply 51#51 funny-girl101's post

i've avoided spoilers

Reply 52#52 bala's post

Hey, I had to get my One Tree Hill fix from somewhere in those 6 months of waiting.

De ja vu with the whole Peyton and Lucas making out on the promo scene... It's just like season 1 when Haley saw them making out at the library... I can't believe Lucas would do it again.. I mean cheat on the girl he's seeing with Peyton.. I like them together, but I don't want to root for a relationship that starts out this way..

Reply 54#54 angel17halo's post

I totally agree. The whole promo felt like a deja vu of season 1. Not only the Haley catching them, but Lucas and Peyton wanting to be together when Lucas is already with somebody. Season 1, it was Brooke, now it's Lindsey.

Episode 7

Ok, Lucas really annoyed me this episode...almost as much as Nanny Carrie. Would she please get a new love interest. I think that she and K-Fed make a good couple: they're both sorta mental so at least they have that in common. But Lucas and his mixed signals... Anyway, I think that I am really starting to like Quincy. Does anyone else think that Haley overreacted about the whole bar thing?? I mean, I could see where she was coming from but that dude did rub her butt in front of her husband. I'm surprised that she held a grudge with Nathan that long. I thought that it was going to be a reason for him to start looking towards Carrie but thank God it wasn't. Nathan was really getting on my nerves this episode with the whole "jealous-flirting-giving-Carrie-attention" thing. But he made up for it in the end. Also, did anyone else think that Carrie was drinking a bit much?? Who knows what type of person she really is. Omg, one word...Brooke's mom. I'll leave it at that because I'm still in shock over it. But the Bitter Shrew drink was a nice touch from Peyton.

Reply 56#56 nye87's post

I think Haley's reaction to Nathan was her taking her anger of seeing Lucas and Peyton out on Nathan.  She did say she wasn't mad, just disappointed and at least he wasn't sneaking around with another girl.  That's what I got from it anyhow.  I didn't think Lucas and Peyton were going to get back together in this episode, but I did think that that kiss would start to put doubts in Lucas's mind and his relationship with Lindsay would slowly go downhill.  The proposal...not expecting!  And I'm almost positive that was the ring intended for Peyton.  My prediction is Lindsay is going to somehow find out that [i[her engagement ring was initially intended for Peyton and that will cause problems between the triangle again.  I'm glad Mouth chose to do the right thing.   From when we first met Millicent in the fast forward, I knew she and Mouth were meant to be Mouth is smart.  He can get another job, but a girl like Millicent won't come around that often.  He was played by Rachel enough in high school, he did not need it from Alice too!

Brooke's reaction to finding out Victoria being at Tric was priceless. Anyhow, I could not stand Nathan throughout this episode. What was up with the flirting and being possessive of Carrie thing?  Jason and Carrie would be, like, a match made in heaven.   Why did Carrie go home with Nathan and Haley? That was weird. The girl has some guts. "If I said some really inappropriate things tonight, I just want you to know that I meant them all." What the heck?!

I think Haley overreacted. I understood where she was coming from, after all, a bar fight was what ruined Nathan's career. But still, I don't know how she expected for Nathan to just sit there and watch his wife's butt getting slapped by an arrogant dude. I'm glad Jason got what he deserved from Quentin. That just pretty much rocked my socks.    I agree that some of the disappointment Haley expressed towards Nathan was due to Lucas and Peyton, though.

Speaking of Peyton and Lucas, seriously, I don't have any words for it. I think that Lindsey knows that there's something wrong with the proposal.  She didn't sound too happy when she told Peyton that Lucas proposed to her. Lucas didn't look too happy either. I don't see their engagement lasting too long.

Reply 57#57 imarielle626's post

Okay, that makes more sense now because I was like "He didn't even hit the guy!". I think that Lucas probably proposed because Lindsey maybe threatened to break-up with him because her actions throughout the whole night were night exactly ideal (in the sense that it would make Lucas want to marry her). But I was like "What the crap?!" Poor Peyton... I was really upset with Nathan this episode until he turned the lights off (even though he should have told her to go home or told Hailey) and when he told Hailey that he couldn't take her being mad at him. Is this the Champagne Suite?? - That was sweet. But then, I got mad at him again because when Hailey brought cheating; he had a guilty look on his face. And if he really did dismiss Carrie's actions as being innocent, then he would not have seemed guilty and looked towards the balcony.
P.S. I LOVE Mouth and Millicent together and both of their names begin with "M"...it so cute!

Reply 58#58 funny-girl101's post

I dont think Nathan was being posseive f Carrie I think Nathan was trying to be that good guy that blocks for female freind when a girl wants to be left alone at the bar (my hubby friends do it for me if he's off somewhere else) That said Carrie has to die.  maybe not literally but shes acting like "hand that rocks the cradle" /"Fatal attraction" or something whats next is she going to boil his bunny. I hope they let Nathan withstand his loyalty to Haley Its enough of the cheating Scott brothers I am a Brukus Fan ,but I like Lindsey with Lucas. Peyton needs to grow up and let go. She only wants him when hes happy somewhere else heck he was with Brooke 2 or 3 years and she decides she wants him off and on. I'm glad he proposed to Lindsey. maybe Peyton will finally move on and Owen and Brooke perfect together.

[ Last edited by booley at 2-14-2008 05:48 ]
prepare for the worse hope for the best

Thread