Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 261#261 nye87's post

Quote:
I especially loved Mia's version of Hallelujah.
Yes! I didn't really like her version that much when I heard it on the show. But I put the song on my iPod a few days ago, and it's been growing on me. I've been listening to it non-stop. :D Kate Voegele's voice is amazing.

One Tree Hill 5x18

Can someone tell me what peyton wrote on basket ball court i couldn't read everything all i got was that i will always love you -lucas ,There were some other stuff written but i couldn't see all the words. OMG i never thought i was say this poor Dan just when he was about turn around he get hit by a car i know you all say he deserve it but i still feel bad for him he didn't kill that guy he die normally so i think we were going see better side of him but now we will never know.

Who was Lucas calling?-we don't know but it's between Lindsey and Peyton?. i suspect it's peyton but we got wait until new season to find out.

Quote:
Originally posted by funny-girl101 at 5-17-2008 14:47  

Yes! I didn't really like her version that much when I heard it on the show. But I put the song on my iPod a few days ago, and it's been growing on me. I've been listening to it non-stop. Kate Vo ...
Yeah, I love her remake!! Is this number 18 really the season finale?

Reply 283#283 dannixx's post

yes it is

It's too early! Isn't there normally at least 20 episodes?
Then again, because of the strike most shows are ending with not so many episodes.
It better be fairly cheap to buy!

Reply 285#285 dannixx's post

writer strike reduced that

Is Dan really dead though? I mean, can you seriously imagine the show without it's prototypical evil monster? And he didn't really get much of a chace to be evil this season...

And my bet would be that Lucas is calling Lindsey. Seeing as she called him before, teling him that she lied, was sorry and missing him all the time. I just don't see why it would be Brooke, there was nothing but friendship between them,  a marriage would not be explicable. And he did talk to Peyton before and told her he had moved on. I just can't see him be so jumpy and then call her to get married... But then again, she said that marrying him was her dream...

And who is the mysterious man that knows Elli? We never really saw him call Peyton. Why stress this detail so much when it wasn't someone important?

And thank you very much for not playing out the whole creepy Deb/Skillz thing... That was just so yakky...

And will Mouth leave?   With Millicent?

I seriously can't wait for the next season, so many open questions...

LOVED the opening song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope dan is really dead because where does that story line really go?  Yes he's your father but he murdered your uncle/his own brother, would you EVER let him get to know your child?  my answer would be NO.  might be cold but protecting your child takes presidency over anything else.  

I hope it's Peyton, Lucas was calling.  I agree that brooke and lucas love each other but i think it's transcended  past lovers to life friends. Lindsey annoys me! and Peyton has been pining over lucas for the whole season, so hopefully the writers give it to her.

Mouth & Millie? big question mark there - i hope they stick around but in saying that they didn't really have a strong story line this season so they better think of something for them to stick around for.

I'm happy nathen and hailey ended the season on a positive note.
All in all excellent season final! i know i'll be tuning in next season!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

I'm still in shock over the whole Dan thing. That was so unexpected! Well, maybe not unexpected, but shocking....and sad. Definitely sad. I was afraid that he was turning back into the old Dan Scott, what with him trying to suffocate Rev. Carter with that pillow, but I'm glad he decided against it. This is so sad. OMG. And just after he gets hit, the beeper goes off. Can you get more dramatic?

Brooke and Angie. Poor poor Brooke. She knew from the beginning that this was going to happen though. Haley even warned her. But yeah. That was a very emotional scene in the airport. I hope Brooke will be able to adopt a child for real next season.

The rivercourt was so Peyton. There were a bunch of stuff written there. I couldn't make out many of it either. I made out a few but the only one I can remember now is, I think, "I will never hate you." I'm not too sure if that's correct though. =/  Peyton should know that Lucas would never hate her. The dude freakin' wrote two books about her. That's gotta say something.

AHHH, the ending scene. Being the Brucas fan, I hope it's Brooke. I can sort of see why the writers included Brooke. I mean, with the whole purple-monkey, ("She will give it to the one she loves" -- Lucas' words from earlier in the season about Brooke and the monkey) and the "I love you"s. I know they're more like friends, and I like it that way...but still...once a Brucas fan, always a Brucas fan. And that small little part of me wants it to be Brooke.    But I can definitely see it being either Peyton or Lindsey though. Lindsey, after the phone call. Peyton, after confessing that she regrets having said no to Lucas' proposal. Guess we'll have to wait till September to find out.

Hahahahaha. Jamie. The faux-hawk. Priceless.

Nathan: "Nobody sports the faux-hawk anymore, by the way."
Jamie: *look on his face, puts hand through his hair* "I'm bringing it back."

Seriously, I can't say this enough. That kid is adorable.

Haley's new song sounds really great! Can't wait to hear more stuff from her. I hope it'll be included in the season 5 soundtrack (if there is one). YAY! Nathan! That shot was amazing. I'm so glad he got confidence back. Quinten seemed shocked/scared/confused after seeing that shot from Nathan. "What the hell was that?" He did say he wanted to help Nathan get back "his game", but I don't think he ever expected for Nathan to really get it back.

The Deb and Skillz storyline...I'm glad they killed it. That was too much to take.

STEVE THE NEW SPORT'S GUY! OMG. "We'll be going to commercial and I'm sayyourname."   I loved Millicent's "Hi Steve, that's the better sport's guy."

3+ months without One Tree Hill. How are we going to survive that?

On top of the great season finale episode, both the opening and ending songs were really amazing..   
Although I would love to see a Brucas reunion, I highly doubt that Lucas was calling Brooke.. If it was just an invitation to Vegas, then maybe it could be her. But then he said he wanted to get married tonight, so I really don't think it's Brooke.  It's between Lindsey and Peyton, and since I don't want Lindsey to come back next season, then I guess it has to be Peyton. September 1 is actually not that bad as the premiere date of season 6... Still can't wait.

I heard the full version of Feel This and it's actually pretty good.. I want to hear more from Joy's new album.   

Can I first just say that it hit me yesterday morning that they probably weren't going to let us know who Lucas called until next season. Why do they do this to us? Poor Dan...I'm so happy that they didn't make him resort back to the old Dan because that storyline is very played out. I could tell by how he was walking that was probably going to happen. I really hope that he didn't/doesn't die. I don't really like Lucas much lately, I think that he was still pretty mean to Peyton when he said "Its just a dream, right?" I mean, I know that its hard and I know that Peyton said "No" when he proposed but it was a big step for them to be so young and I do not think that he should hold that against her. People make mistakes. Unless he had an epiphany or Hailey's words finally got to him or something, my guess is that he called Lindsey or maybe even Brooke. The only reason that I say Brooke is because it seemed like he went to her house looking for more (like trying to pick up hints or any possible mutual feelings). I really do think that Lindsey was on the receiving end but that all depends on how long the storyline is willing to keep Lucas and Peyton apart. I do agree that the beginning was the cutest and the ending song was perfect. I love Hailey's voice; I think that she is really talented. Go Nathan on putting his fears behind him, as Jamie did, and on finally making it past Quentin. Deb is like really  nearing the line of being a disgrace...I mean, come on. How far is she going to go before she finally stops? Brooke and Angie looked so cute together when they were getting ready for the beach. I think that this was a great season finale and I look forward to September 1st. Thats awesome how they moved the return date way up...it almost compensates for the strike.

I just realized that its probably not Brooke...for sure because she was waiting for a phone call to tell her when Angie was safe at home. So, she probably got that call. Peyton also told Mia to have that guy call her if she saw him again. So, she  probably got the call from that guy who said that he knew Ellie. So, then Lucas would have had to call Lindsey.

[ Last edited by nye87 at 5-21-2008 20:57 ]

Just had an idea of how next season is gonna start.
Lucas called peyton and they went off to vegas and got hitched - sounds great doesn't it BUT wait when they get home lindsey is there to inform lucas she's pregnant.  That's what her assitant was asking if she had told lucas not just that she missed him.  
what's everyone else think?

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 292#292 kwargalla's post

That would be interesting

Reply 292#292 kwargalla's post

Drama-rama! Interesting storyline.

Yeah i thought that was what the assistant was hinting at on the phone, that was my instinctive reaction to what she was saying, hmmm i guess we'll have to see!!! it was a brilliant season finale!!! I really hope he called Peyton! Roll on September!!!

Quote:
I just realized that its probably not Brooke...for sure because she was waiting for a phone call to tell her when Angie was safe at home. So, she probably got that call. Peyton also told Mia to have that guy call her if she saw him again. So, she  probably got the call from that guy who said that he knew Ellie. So, then Lucas would have had to call Lindsey.
Yeah, that makes sense. But isn't Lindsey already in NYC though? I mean, when she called Lucas after she received his dedication, she was at the airport. And when she got the phone call, it seemed like she was sitting in the back of a cab. I might be wrong, but isn't Lucas aware that Lindsey left already? I mean, he said to Haley that Lindsey WAS here. How can Lindsey possibly meet up with him at TH airport and get married "tonight"? It does make the most sense if it's Lindsey (as in Lucas' feelings-wise), but it's hard to figure out who it really is.

That is true, but I didn't know if they would try to change around the storyline and say something like she didn't actual leave Tree Hill or something. I just hope that Lucas finally makes his mind up and stays loyal to whomever he picks (for once...not including he and Peyton's most recent relationship).

I can't believe we have to wait so long for a new episode
Love is Patient.. Love is Kind

I don't know why, but I just had this feeling Lucas was calling Brooke.  I think there was a line in one of the last few episodes where someone told Luke to just pick someone whether it be Lindsay, Peyton, or Brooke, marry them and get over it.  I thought it was weird that Brooke made it in that list.  I'll admit I was a huge Brucus fan at the time by Leyton really grew on me.  I want to see Luke and Peyton together again now.  Anyway, I don't think it was Peyton because well Luke would not just call Peyton up and ask her to marry him like that.  At least not in the state he was in then.  I don't think it was Lindsay because I don't think he got the message from her yet.  If he did well maybe it could be her, but I still don't think he would have asked her like that.  After they way she treated him, a big jump like that would probably scare her farther away.  After all his flying up to NY to see her made her lie about another guy.  So that leaves Brooke.  They have both really been there for each other so it'd be easy for them to just get married like that.  You can see that they love each other, just not in the same way he loves Lindsay and Peyton loves Lucas.  so thats my little schpeel.  can't wait to see who it actually was though. ah the suspense is killing me!

OTH Season 6 Discussion & Promo (Spoilers will be included)

[ Last edited by bala at 9-2-2008 17:09 ]

Thread