Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

5x17

How could Lucas say that to her? That was so mean. Skillz and Deb were just gross...especially Deb. I also don't see the reason for putting Brooke in the Promo as if she is even a possibility. I think that the doctor clearly likes her and that he may even be a possible future love interest for her. I also think that he called Lindsey. Maybe he finds out that she really isn't dating anyone else and that she just said that so he would leave her alone. I'm so happy to see Mia back...I LOVE HER!!! I saw that it said that she is really going to be performing at Six Flags this Summer and I really want to go and see her since its not too far from me. You can actually sign up to win a trip. Here's the link: http://www.cwtv.com/contest/enter/starburst-submit . Oh yeah, and they let you preview Hailey's new song at http://www.cwtv.com/onetreehill .

P.S. This episode had some really great music. I especially loved Mia's version of Hallelujah.

[ Last edited by nye87 at 5-13-2008 17:57 ]

Episode 5x17

I liked the episode, but I don't think it will be one of my favourite 'Must re-watch 1000s of times' episode.

Skills/Deb storyline - did the writers run out of ideas? Seriously, this was just strange and weirded me out. I hope this will be a one time thing and not be continued. Anyway, I know Deb is Nathan's mum and Jamie's grandmother, but would she be my mother, she wouldn't go anywhere near my child...

I agree with Brooke and the doctor, there was a wholelot of chemistry there. And did anyone else think that the doctor looked totally like Andy Hargrove?

Lucas... Lucas... Lucas...   This was just mean. And him being drunk is not an excuse for hurting Peyton the way he did.

I liked Mouth's gesture to destroy the tape. He is such a purely moral character, it sometimes seems too much even.

Now I can't wait what there is to be expected in next week's episode...

nye87 Thanks for the links. I'll also be off to YouTube to see if anyone by chance has uploaded Mia's Hallelujah, that one was really great.

Reply 262#262 KaitlynReynolds's post

You are MOST welcome! I have to say, when he was talking to Brooke at the end (when he told her his name), I did get like a glimpse of Andy. I was like "Woah, they kindda resemble."   Oh yeah, I totally forgot to mention how great Mouth was for trashing the footage even though his reputation was on the line. He's such a great friend and person! Someone told me that grandkids change people, but I guess Jamie had no effect whatsoever on Deb. Between the clown, the nude webcam shots, and sneaking around with a friend and colleague of Nathan's; she has definitely taken it too far with no regard for her son or grandson.

Reply 263#263 nye87's post

That's it! I was like "Hmmm...the doctor looks like someone," but I just couldn't put my finger on who it was. And then after reading your post, I was like "OHHHH, YES! THAT'S IT!"

Anyways, I definitely see something between Brooke and the doctor. There were definitely some moments between them (for example: when he came to tell Brooke that the surgery went well and then Lucas came in and he looked kind of, I don't know....I can't really describe it, but it's just in the way he looked at her.. And oh, of course, that scene towards the end.)

The Jamie and Nathan scenes were too cute for words.

Deb is just....gross. Gross gross gross. First Bucko the clown, now Skillz? What? Does she have ANY respect for her family? I mean, the clown...okay, well it's not okay...but he isn't that close to the family..you get the point. But SKILLZ? Skillz who's like really really really close to Haley, Nathan and Jamie? That's just way too wrong.

Mia!! I loved her version of Hallelujah. And then Starburst tour thingy...I love how they incorporate stuff from real live into the show. Like the soundtracks (the Friends For Benefits CD that Peyton produced, and then the Road Mix that they used in season 4 when going on the roadtrip...) Yeah.

Haha at Peyton and her reaction when she found Haley on the roof. "Haley, no! Don't jump! You have too much to live for!"

Why did Lindsey feel the need to call Lucas is what I'm wondering? I mean, seriously, who calls their ex to tell them something like that? I think she might be trying to get Lucas jealous/anger him. If that's the case, well she sure did succeed. What Lucas said to Peyton was pretty harsh. But he was drunk and vulnerable, so maybe he didn't mean it. But then again, Mia's words: "Guys tell the truth when they're drunk."

Dan...I really hope he isn't gonna go back to his old ways in trying to get that spot on the heart transplant list. He looked seriously menacing in that last scene of him in the hospital.

Next week's promo was INTENSE! I sort of can't wait, but I sort of can. I mean, I can't wait because it looks really really good, but...it's gonna be the season finale and that means that there's gonna be an One Tree Hill shortage for 2-3 months.  :    Anyways, Lucas with a mohawk! I'm speechless. :D Do I see Lindsey entering Lucas' door? And...who did he call? Peyton, most likely not. Not after he said this. But then again, the book..... Brooke., though the chances are small that it's her, I know for sure that she will be at the airport next episode. Lucas tends to do stupid things when he's sad and broody. *cough*Season1*cough* Though, I don't think Brooke will follow him. She sees him as a friend, I don't think there's anything more to that for her. So yeah, either Peyton or Lindsey! Can't wait!!!

Hate Is Safer Than Love

It was an OK episode.. My favorite parts were all the ones with Jamie in it.. I love that we got to see some Nathan and Jamie bonding time as well as Haley and Jamie. Jamie seems really mature for his age and it showed in the Haley and Jamie scene at the park..

The season finale looks interesting... I have a weird hunch that Lucas at the airport scene is going to be the final scene of the season and we won't get to know who he is talking to until next season..  I really hope that that's not the case, 'coz that would be a major cliffhanger for me.. Anyways.. I can't wait!

Reply 264#264 funny-girl101's post

you do realise you gave away one of the answers in the quiz by your comment?.

Anyway i notice everyone is talking about latest episode but no-one talking about last week episode so I'm going 2 reviews in one, last week episode i couldn't believe Hailey threw Jamie card in the bin and look what happen in the next episode, Jamie walked by himself if hailey knew anything could happend to him but the way she spoke to him was so calm,  most mother would of shouted at their kid if they saw their child walking down the street unsupervised, it's good thing nothing bad happen. i didn't think Nathan too harsh on dan he made a good point about keith but dan tombstone was a bit too much i mean did anyone see the size of it, 3 times bigger than keith one?

The latest episode well i love when they go back in time in the episode to show how the various situation came to be, that makes the episode more interesting but i don't blame Lucas it same thing with ross and racheal thing in friend if racheal wasn't there would ross say her name?, anyway that's beside the point is that lucas is angry i don't think he mean that but i can't believe how harsh you are on him, he just lost woman he loves you guys are having a go at him-give him a break for heaven sake. peyton just feel guilty at least she helped him to his bed.i like what he said to peyton , i just feel no point of having her on the show.

Deb- the writer are trying make her comic relief but Skills well i think it would be more interesting Nathan walked in on that but come on,  this to guy how many times have you gone to your friend house and notice how attractive there mother is? -like she said they are consulting adults it's not like he's under age he's what 22

Dan-look like he might kill the no 1 guy on transplant list?

Mouth-sometimes i think he's too good to be true i mean come on he should use the footage it's not like that his best friends, it's part of life and i think he messed up a good opportunity for promotion. the least he could do edit certain bits out that's what i would of done.

Reply 264#264 funny-girl101's post

I know what you mean, it was like a discouraged look. It was like he was thinking: "Oh man, she already has a guy in her life (like he thought she was single and found out that it wasn't true). I also got that feeling with Dan, but I hope that he changed. When he said that the doctor was right and that the guy really was in bad shape, I didn't know if he meant that as he was going to leave him alone or if he may do something to him because he is already in  such bad shape. I really hope that the writers don't go that way because we have all seen enough of "Bad Dan" and I think that it would be nice to see a different side of him...especially for Jamie's sake. I mean, let him at least  have one good grandparent on Nathan's side. As far as Brooke and Ethan, I think that it would be nice to see Brooke with someone who is as successful as herself and is as much of a kind and giving person.

nice preview

Preview season-finale

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 5-14-2008 15:33 ]

Reply 266#266 bala's post

Yes, I do realize that. I was actually thinking of not putting it, but then I was like "Eh, people'll probably go to the quiz first and then read this or write a review." And if they come here first, well, I'm glad I helped them a little.

Jannah, I so agree with what you put about Brooke.

About the preview...are the writers trying to turn this whole thing into a love square now?   ....That reminds of that quote Brooke said back in season 1 about everything turning into a big rectangle...plus one. I think it went something along the lines of  "I think Nathan likes tutor girl, tutor girl likes Lucas, and I know I like Lucas, and I have no idea who the hell you like any more so this has been turned into one big love... rectangle plus one... whatever that is..."  Anyways, yeah. First they have the Brooke/Lindsey/Peyton thing going on in the preview, now Haley saying it?

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 5-14-2008 15:39 ]

Reply 268#268 bala's post

Whoa... Haley included Brooke. I bet something happened between Lucas and Brooke before this scene.. I like them together, but Brooke and the doctor are also cute together, so I don't know.. It's going to be a toss up between Brooke and Peyton.. I doubt it would be Lindsey, because I really don't think (or want ) the producers to make her come back next season!  

Another sneak peak

LOL-love lucas new hair-style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkZiTmFPPVA

[ Last edited by bala at 5-15-2008 12:28 ]

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 5-15-2008 14:41 ]

What a great episode. I hate hate hate hate Peyton with Lucas but I thought that was kinda harsh but a long time in coming. SHE SAID NO so he moved on. what did she think he would wait forever. Coming back to tree hill for him I would feel the same way too she changed his whole life plans now he alone and I hope he takes Brooke or Lindsey heck even Deb over Peyton. And I couldn't even watch the skills scene with Deb it was horrid
prepare for the worse hope for the best

Reply 271#271 bala's post

I hate seeing pathetic Lucas.. I like the mohawk though...

Reply 273#273 angel17halo's post

there just 1 question did peyton do that?

Reply 274#274 bala's post

I doubt that... I don't think Peyton would do something that low.. I think Lucas might have gotten it somewhere while he was drunk so he didn't know any better.    

Reply 275#275 angel17halo's post

unless I'm mistaken when Lucas told her i hate you he had his normal hair didn't he?

it couldn't be when it was drunk?

Reply 276#276 bala's post

He had his normal hair when Peyton brought him home. However, we don't know how much time passed between last episode and next episode. For all we know, Lucas might've gone out and come home drunk again...

But I really can't see Peyton doing that. No matter how harsh Lucas was to her, she still loves him and I really don't see her going that low. I agree with angel17halo that Lucas probably got it when he was drunk and didn't remember.

Reply 277#277 funny-girl101's post

Oh right i see

was it cute that jamie said he wanted one too?

Reply 278#278 bala's post

Jamie is always cute. Can you just imagine him with a mohawk?

Reply 279#279 funny-girl101's post

yes i can

Thread