Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 180#180 bala's post

Surprised that Brooke won't get recommended? Not so much. Disappointed? Very. Especially after the speech Brooke gave when the woman was about to leave. I honestly believe that Brooke would make a great mother. Just look at the way she is with Jamie. But of course, the evil b -- witch ( ) named Victoria had to come in  and ruin everything. I do believe that Brooke will become a mother somehow this season. She's the kind of person that, if she sets her sight on something, she will accomplish it.

Nathan and Haley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many exclamation points!! I'm so glad they made up. At least there are some people  in Tree Hill that can be happy, or at least, be on the road to happiness. I loved the compliments they gave each other.

I also like the relationship between Dan and Jamie. The look Jamie had when he said "They won't let me beyond the fence *one hand on fence* " was adorable.  "Hey kid. You see that little boy over there? You mess with him, you mess with me. Go tell that to the other kids."   Like he said, Dan IS protective of his family. But yeah, he did kill Keith, like that guy (Sam?) mentioned. Let's just put it this way: Dan is protective of his family, but he was more protective of himself. I do think that has slightly changed as how he walked away after the fight with Lucas and Nathan. The old Dan would've definitely said something mean or despicable before walking away to save his ego. I guess we'll have to see if he's really changed or not.

I see they decided to keep Michaela McManus around. She was only supposed to be in the 12 pre-strike episodes. But I guess there's more Lindsey/Lucas/Peyton drama ahead. I'm actually looking forward to the editing process. I was somewhat astonished when Lindsey agreed to Lucas' deal. The book and what it is about is what ruined her wedding. It's gonna bring back a lot of sad memories, but the "long nights and heated discussions" are what made Lindsey and Lucas fall in love and it'll be nice to see that, I guess. I hope the writers will include it.

I liked the conversation between Peyton and Max. But seriously, Mark Schwahn on the show...I don't know, I couldn't help but laugh a little when I saw him walk in.

Overall, I liked this episode. It was a little slow, but oh so meaningful and deep. The ending voice overs were ah-mazing.

Promo for next week

Nathan! Basketball! Can't wait!

I did like this episode. I guess they felt that they wanted to calm things down a bit with all of the drama that was in the previous episode. I liked getting to see everyone's point of view. Wow, Victoria is really mean...poor Brooke. But I do feel that something good will happen to her "child-wise". I am glad that Nathan and Haley are almost back to the super couple that we know them to be. I'm sorry, but I love Dan and I believe that he has changed. I do have a question, though...when he "our secret" to Jamie, I thought that he was talking about the Nanny Carrie thing, not their seeing each other. So, which was he referring to?? I couldn't understand how Jamie could tell his class about the Nanny Carrie thing, but didn't tell his parents. I would hope that the teacher or someone would call Hailey after hearing that. Oh well... Anyway, I can't wait until next Monday...Nathan and Basketball, back again!!! Yay!

Ok, I watched the seen again. I see what you mean...for some reason I heard it as "remember our secret" instead of "remember, our secret".

[ Last edited by nye87 at 4-15-2008 22:23 ]

Yay.. The show is back.. Took forever!!
Love is Patient.. Love is Kind

Quote:
Mark Schwahn on the show...I don't know, I couldn't help but laugh a little when I saw him walk in.
You see i wasn't sure if that was him or not but seem it was-it was strange to have him there

Reply 181#181 funny-girl101's post

Reply 186#186 bala's post

Yeah, I know she will. I've seen pictures of it. But that scene was awesome. As usual, thanks Bala.

Reply 187#187 funny-girl101's post

was it just me was this last episode just setting the scene for next week episode?

Reply 188#188 bala's post

How so?

Reply 189#189 funny-girl101's post

It just felt nothing interesting happen in last episode and they save all better story-line for last couple of episode

Reply 191#191 funny-girl101's post

That was really funny hailey tell me you like see your nanny swimming in pool

I hope that guy is not going to be Jamie's new nanny... He's NOT funny at all... I hope they hire a male nanny... They're probably going to end up having Deb as a nanny... I could totally see that one coming... They've got to bring her back sometime, right?

Reply 193#193 angel17halo's post

Yeah, she's coming back in the new few episodes. She shows up for Jamie's 5th birthday party...that's all I heard. But yeah, I can totally see Nathan and Haley asking Deb to be the nanny.

Reply 194#194 funny-girl101's post

wouldn't it be more interesting if Jamie asked his parents why can't Grandpa Dan baby-sit me?

Promo for next Episode

i can't use Flash tags

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 4-22-2008 15:58 ]

One Tree Hill 5x14

Well it look the gang are back and i love begaining of this episode because we got see how each character woke up and what was on their mind, i think funniest is Skills that was plain funny, Dan seem try to sneak back into Jamie life and I'm glad Nathan knows that Dan has been hanging around but i love the scene in elevator where Dan enter and says you can jump me if you want -. i loved how Lucas explained to Jamie what dan did that was good way of saying what Dan did but Dan wake up with Keith on his minds kind of suggest some remorse which is good.

So they gave brooke a baby and let comedy start next week -need i say more

Quetin needs his attitude checked but what he did Nathan was awful no-one deserved that but he had humiliate him

I should guess Deb would be the new baby-sitter-is anyone surprised to know what has happend to her-we don't know what she been doing over the last 5 years.

Angel17halo was spot on!   I love that they've got Deb back now. She looks fantastic.

Brooke and her little baby! I'm so excited. It's gonna be funny seeing Brooke have her occasional freak outs, but she'll be a great mother. I do agree with (was it Haley or Peyton?) one the girls who said that Brooke will be devastated once she has to return the baby.   That's not going to be fun.

Haley and Peyton working together on recording an album is just plain awesome. It's good for both of them. It'll get Peyton's record some recognition (considering the fame/success Haley had back in season 2), and music is exactly what Haley needs right now.

Umm...Owen. I was really happy he made Brooke happy. But wow. He couldn't even come and say what he was thinking to Brooke himself? Yes, I know Chase told Brooke the possible reason behind Owen not coming over, but seriously, what kind of boyfriend is he? Plus, it's not like she's going to have this baby for forever.

I cannot say this enough, but Jamie is The. Cutest. Little. Kid. EVER. The smile he had on his face when he first woke up was adorable! And his little rap with Quintin...pure cuteness. Every single scene he is in rocks my world, haha.

I really don't like Quintin right now. What he did to Nathan was harsh. He thinks he's at the top of the basketball world. He seriously needs to set the ego bar a little lower and realize that his nasty attitude isn't going to bring him anywhere.

Funny quotes in this episode:
Brooke: "If I wanted 'a little too late for that', I would've called Peyton. You're supposed to say "No you didn't, you're gonna be fine."
Lucas: "No, you didn't. You're gonna be fine."
Brooke: "It doesn't count now."

Dan: "Now's the time to jump me again." (or something along those lines )

Skillz: "What day is it? What time is it? What the hell did I drink last night?"

Brooke: "Brooke. Oh, I really need to pee."

Last edited by funny-girl101 at 4-22-2008 16:16

I so knew that was coming.. I swear I didn't read any spoilers about Deb becoming the "nanny" before I predicted that one.. That's so exciting.. I hope she's going to be in the show for the long run.. She was only credited as special guest, so we'll see.. I love how Haley called her mom as well, that was sweet...

Could Jamie be any cuter?? His scenes are just plain adorable, especially when Nathan, Haley and Jamie are together.. That opening scene with Naley and Jamie has to be the most adorable scene on the show by far..

I can't wait to see Brooke with her baby.. I think it will be funny to see her deal with motherhood at first, but in the end I think we're going to see some really heartbreaking scenes when she eventually has to give her baby girl up..

I'm looking forward to next week's episode, because it's Jamie's birthday. The only thing is it looks like the storyline is mainly about Lucas and Lindsey, and I just really want to get that over with..

Reply 198#198 funny-girl101's post

I totally agree with you. I was so surprised and happy to see Deb's return...I wonder how awkward it will be once she sees Dan. Jamie is like the ultimate cutie, he's so adorable and I think that they chose the best actor for his role because his acting is so genuine and its never gets old or annoying. Quentin was sooo mean to Nathan and Skillz and it was so uncalled for. I guess its hard for some guys to show how they really feel but its not nice to take it out on others. I enjoyed this episode so much and I even had to fight back some tears of joy at the end when Brooke was holding the baby! I think that she is such a great person and I glad that she finally got to get something like a baby in her life to bring her joy. Unfortunately, it will be terrible when the baby has to go back to her parents. The part about Owen was weird...I wonder it is was originally written like that or if they had to change up the storyline because the actor wasn't  available. I LOVE Chase and I think that he and Brooke make a better couple, now. I did like Owen for her, but after this episode...not so much anymore. Poor Dan, I just feel really bad for him and I hope that the truth about Carrie comes out soon. I hope that Nathan and Hailey get to continue to pursue what they love because it was really nice to see again. Ok, I'm going to stop typing now because I actually have other shows to watch now, like Gossip Girl. lol!

Thread