Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 62#62 codebreaker's post

It happens with amount of tv shows we both watch it easy miss an episode

Reply 61#61 bala's post

7x19 Every Picture Tells a Story
The look on Clay's face when his stalker brought his photo was great but will she get the message this time and Skills punching Mouth and bringing the curtain down on Victoria was priceless

Reply 64#64 codebreaker's post

All of that was in promo for the episode so it kind of ruined those moments for me

Reply 65#65 bala's post

I only watch promos for new shows never for the next episode

Learning To Fall

Hailey really needs to get some help seriously she needs to hold herself together she got a 5 year old kid and it look like she really losing it . Setting the piano on fire was dangerous .

Reply 67#67 bala's post

Hailey does need help and Mouth sacrificing the girl for Skills was nice but i did like what Jamie said to Skills

Reply 68#68 codebreaker's post

it's funny how a kid has more wisdom than an adult

Reply 69#69 bala's post

Yeah. I feel that the writers went a little overboard with the Jamie-is-too-smart-for-his-age thing. It was cute at first, but some of the things that they have the kid say! He sounds like a forty year old trapped in a child's body.

For 7x19 - Did anyone else find that KISS moment completely random? Nathan with lipstick is...interesting. The other scene where Jamie and Nathan were bonding while shaving ("shaving" for Jamie) was cute though.

That last scene with Haley in 7x19  was heartbreaking. I hope she gets better soon. It's interesting how Quinn doesn't seem to be too affected by it -- not to say she isn't, but she seems to have coped pretty quickly. It would be nice to see some sisterly bonding.

Katie scares me. She gives me Nanny Carrie shudders. Tree Hill and its endless list of stalkers/psychos.

Reply 70#70 funny-girl101's post

Yes i never really thought jamie was cute but i like him as a character but they are taken Hailey situation too far in my opinion-she always been a strong character and she handle everything that has happens so far and see her like this is so unlike her. . i just hope they don't kill her off in the season finale

What’s In The Ground Belongs To You

So Haley has decided to go for a swim in the middle of the night . I just hope Nathan figures out what her plan is from the message before it's too late

I'm actually enjoying the Haley storyline. Like Nathan said, Haley has always been the rock in her family and to see her vulnerable is a nice change. It's a very heartbreaking storyline though. But Haley has some amazing quotes. Bethany Joy Galeotti completely owned this episode. Not surprised though; she's a phenomenal actress.

SO GLAD KATIE IS DONE WITH. I couldn't handle any more psycho stuff.

Next week's episode should be good. From the pictures and videos I've seen of the cast shooting in Utah, it looks like a fun episode.

Reply 72#72 bala's post

Quinn was great with Jamie and the treasure hunt but listening to the voice message was sad

Reply 73#73 funny-girl101's post

I have feeling she will be back next season

Almost Everything I Wish I'd Said the Last Time I

You just knew that the ending would been a good clif-hanger and i have to say i didn't see that coming but still it's going to be interesting to see how it all turns out

WAIT, they decided to do another season? F'REAL?!?! Omg. But seriously, wtf. I hate Katie. Quinn & Clay better be okay!

Reply 77#77 dannixx's post

Yes i know we hoping next season series final

Reply 76#76 bala's post

Why would Quinn go to the restaurant for the key because she was only going to get beer she could of waited in the hot tub but the guy faces as she walked out was funny and wow what a cliffhanger

Reply 79#79 codebreaker's post

I know i think that writer attempt get male viewers to pay attention

They filmed two endings for the episode, because The CW wouldn't let them know if the show would come back. Mark Schwahn had to decide a week before the air date whether to use the cliffhanger or not. The alternative ending was basically the same, except they switched in and out of the sledding scene and the normal scenes. It would've been Chase and Alex coming down the hill and then the scene shifted to them in the hotel room and becoming a couple (and Mia's text would've been cut out), Nathan and Haley and Jamie coming down the hill and then the "I'm pregnant" scene, Brooke and Julian down the hill and then their scene and then Quinn and Clay, ending with Quinn going to the bedroom. And then Haley would say to Jamie "Nah, it's just a hill, we'll climb it together." And that would've been the series finale. But Mark Schwahn made the decision to go with the shooting ending, even though he didn't know, at the time, whether the show would be back or not. I'm pretty certain Season 8 is the last one though, since the cast's contracts are up after this year. It's nice to have some closure.

Now about the episode itself. That last scene scared the daylights out of me. Although...this may be a bit cold of me...I wasn't really sad that it was Quinn and Clay who got shot. I just never got into their relationship and their storylines. I'm just really sad for Haley, Nathan and Jamie, considering what they had to go through with Lydia's death and now dealing with Quinn and Clay getting shot IN THEIR BEDROOM. Tree Hill is NOT a place one would want to live.

Yeah, Quinn's scenes annoyed me. I agree with Bala's statement. It was such a pointless storyline. She could've perfectly sat in the hot tub without a beer until the guys came back.

Haley's pregnancy and Brooke's engagement, though not surprising, still make me grin like a child. There's all sorts of talk going around about CMM and Hilarie Burton returning for the Brooke's wedding. That'd be pretty cool! The writers never addressed where they went besides "They're travelling"....

Overall, I thought it was a solid season finale. I would've been a bit disappointed if it were a series finale, although the scene Schwahn described sounds like a nice ending. But still. I'm glad it'll be back next year, and with knowledge of going into season 8 knowing that it'll most likely be the last season is nice. Don't forget that'll it'll be on Tuesdays in the fall.

One Tree Hill Season 8! (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

PROMO. Short, but cute. Very One Tree Hill style, no? [ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 9-16-2010 13:46 ][ Last edited by magic4u at 10-21-2010 08:11 ]

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 2-20-2011 20:41 ]

Thread