Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I'm still in shock over the whole Dan thing. That was so unexpected! Well, maybe not unexpected, but shocking....and sad. Definitely sad. I was afraid that he was turning back into the old Dan Scott, what with him trying to suffocate Rev. Carter with that pillow, but I'm glad he decided against it. This is so sad. OMG. And just after he gets hit, the beeper goes off. Can you get more dramatic?

Brooke and Angie. Poor poor Brooke. She knew from the beginning that this was going to happen though. Haley even warned her. But yeah. That was a very emotional scene in the airport. I hope Brooke will be able to adopt a child for real next season.

The rivercourt was so Peyton. There were a bunch of stuff written there. I couldn't make out many of it either. I made out a few but the only one I can remember now is, I think, "I will never hate you." I'm not too sure if that's correct though. =/  Peyton should know that Lucas would never hate her. The dude freakin' wrote two books about her. That's gotta say something.

AHHH, the ending scene. Being the Brucas fan, I hope it's Brooke. I can sort of see why the writers included Brooke. I mean, with the whole purple-monkey, ("She will give it to the one she loves" -- Lucas' words from earlier in the season about Brooke and the monkey) and the "I love you"s. I know they're more like friends, and I like it that way...but still...once a Brucas fan, always a Brucas fan. And that small little part of me wants it to be Brooke.    But I can definitely see it being either Peyton or Lindsey though. Lindsey, after the phone call. Peyton, after confessing that she regrets having said no to Lucas' proposal. Guess we'll have to wait till September to find out.

Hahahahaha. Jamie. The faux-hawk. Priceless.

Nathan: "Nobody sports the faux-hawk anymore, by the way."
Jamie: *look on his face, puts hand through his hair* "I'm bringing it back."

Seriously, I can't say this enough. That kid is adorable.

Haley's new song sounds really great! Can't wait to hear more stuff from her. I hope it'll be included in the season 5 soundtrack (if there is one). YAY! Nathan! That shot was amazing. I'm so glad he got confidence back. Quinten seemed shocked/scared/confused after seeing that shot from Nathan. "What the hell was that?" He did say he wanted to help Nathan get back "his game", but I don't think he ever expected for Nathan to really get it back.

The Deb and Skillz storyline...I'm glad they killed it. That was too much to take.

STEVE THE NEW SPORT'S GUY! OMG. "We'll be going to commercial and I'm sayyourname."   I loved Millicent's "Hi Steve, that's the better sport's guy."

3+ months without One Tree Hill. How are we going to survive that?

Reply 292#292 kwargalla's post

Drama-rama! Interesting storyline.

Quote:
I just realized that its probably not Brooke...for sure because she was waiting for a phone call to tell her when Angie was safe at home. So, she probably got that call. Peyton also told Mia to have that guy call her if she saw him again. So, she  probably got the call from that guy who said that he knew Ellie. So, then Lucas would have had to call Lindsey.
Yeah, that makes sense. But isn't Lindsey already in NYC though? I mean, when she called Lucas after she received his dedication, she was at the airport. And when she got the phone call, it seemed like she was sitting in the back of a cab. I might be wrong, but isn't Lucas aware that Lindsey left already? I mean, he said to Haley that Lindsey WAS here. How can Lindsey possibly meet up with him at TH airport and get married "tonight"? It does make the most sense if it's Lindsey (as in Lucas' feelings-wise), but it's hard to figure out who it really is.

Reply 1#1 bala's post

I guess this is Brooke's much anticipated "dark period" they've been talking about...I love it!

Thanks for posting the video Bala.

Reply 300#300 bala's post

Paul Johansson: "Oh don't act stupid, you know what happened."

"NATHAN DON'T DO IT! I LOVE YOU!"

The part where Bethany was like "Hey! I found a way out!" reminded me of that episode of The Office where Michael did the same thing.

The ending was priceless.

AHHH.

Okay, first the promo...before I forget what I want to say.  Poor Brooke! OMG, that's so horrible. I can believe that Victoria is behind this, but is she really this evil? She'd hire someone to attack her own daughter? She's proved that she's evil, but this is a whole new level of evil and cold hearted-ness. About as where Carrie is. But I'm glad they gave Sophia a serious storyline like this. We've never really seen dark and moody Brooke, she was always the end cheering others up. I've heard that Sophia's performance this season is phenomenal. It's gonna be interesting to watch! Back to the promo...great, now Haley's gonna think Dan's following her and Jamie. But it's actually Carrie...in Dan's SUV. Freaky!

I loved the dream sequence. I found the one with Brooke the cutest.   I couldn't help thinking "How awkward" though, since Chad and Sophia never made it to their one year anniversary and for them to film that...I know they're professionals, but still. Anyhow...I can live with Lucas and Peyton being together. I mean, it was kind of obvious they were going to be together in the end. And they're kind of cute together.

How cute was that scene with Jamie and Haley dancing? ADORABLE!! I would've loved to see Nathan dancing along with them. Now, that's something I wanna see.

I swear, people saying Victoria's name does not give me chills. Carrie being on screen does. Seriously, every time she came on screen, I jumped a little in my seat. She is a mess. Why didn't Dan call the cops? Why did he just let her go? If something happens to Jamie...or Naley...and she's behind it...

Overall, that was one great season premiere.

Here's another promo for next week's episode...

Poor Brooke.

Reply 26#26 bala's post

How could you NOT feel sorry for Dan? I mean, Dan's done some pretty horrible things, but how Carrie's treating him is just...wow. She really thought her plan through. I definitely feel bad for Dan.

Reply 30#30 kwargalla's post

Psycho napped. I like that.

I was so shocked when Dan opened that door and it led to like, the middle of nowhere. Even though I did question why Carrie was the nurse, I brushed the thought off. I kept on thinking "This is Tree Hill...Dan became the mayor...what's can't happen?" you know?

Reply 36#36 bala's post

That last line by Jamie was cute.

No more sneaking around for Deb and Skillz?

Reply 37#37 spratt89's post

On tv.com's episode guide, for the third episode they wrote:
Quote:
When tragedy strikes in Tree Hill, Nathan and Haley experience difficulties breaking the news. Brooke still hurt over the robbery, questions her friendship with Peyton, and Lucas and Skills finally meet Quentin's mother.
Guess we'll have to wait and see...maybe next week's episode will make it more clear.

Reply 43#43 bala's post

Hahaha, I've gotten better this year. At least, I'd like to think so.   Somebody put parts of the script up for a couple of episodes from season 5 up online a while ago and I came across them and like, I would know exactly what the characters would say during a scene. It was so....*shakes head* I tend to stay away from stuff like that now. Now, I just stick to promos and tv.com's episode descriptions...they're not very spoilerish.

Reply 45#45 bala's post

Yes, that's what I heard.

Reply 48#48 spratt89's post

At least it'll have a proper ending. Not like an abrupt ending with like cliffhangers or something. It's not like the network canceled the show -- they actually tried hard to keep it. The actors didn't want to renew their contract. =/

YES! Hahaha. The look on Carrie's face at the end of the first video was priceless! This is turning into something very interesting. I wonder how the writers will resolve this storyline...

Jamie measuring his ears...

As for Brooke's attack, I've heard it's Samantha too. But that seems kind of...weird, I guess. Why would she come back to the store just to attack Brooke? She got her top and the cops aren't like after her, so I don't know.

OMG! I can't stop saying that word this season. Seeing Brooke like that brought tears to my eyes. Seriously. I can't believe whoever the attacker was went that far.

QUENTIN. OMG. QUENTIN. I've heard about this storyline before, but I brushed it off. I didn't think it would come up so soon! And like this too. I really started to like Quentin. How he helps Nathan with his "comeback", how he is with Jamie, ... It's like we're just getting to know him and boom! this happens. From the moment he parked that car and that creepy guy could be seen through the window, I had a foreshadowing feeling that something bad was going to happen. But seriously...OMG!!!!

The whole Brooke and Quentin thing just pretty much overshadowing everything else that happened during the episode. I'm trying really hard right now to think of what else happened even though it was only like half an hour ago I watched the episode...I'm still in shock...

OH. Dan. Hahahaha *points at Carrie and laughs* Of course there's always a way for Dan Scott to survive. The man's like immortal. But I don't like Carrie's new plan in the previews. Killing Haley? She's freakin' psycho (as if she psycho enough already). I really hope Dan gets to escape...but knowing the show and its writers, they're probably gonna have Carrie drag Dan back again...but then again, who knows. Maybe they'll surprise us again.

First about the promos:

CREEPY. That Carrie and Deb scene...

That last promo was intense. Carrie in Haley's house? With Chester?    They put Quentin' s jersey up on the wall of the gym! He deserves it. And the return of Victoria...uh oh.

Anyhow, this week's episode was so emotional. I hadn't realized how much Quentin meant to everybody until this episode. The last scene with Jamie taking the cape out and Brooke breaking down really got to me.

Phew. I finally got caught up with all my shows. I spent the whole afternoon on it. How do you manage being so on top of your shows Bala? With all the number of shows you watch...

But umm...I agree with pretty much everything you guys said.

I do think Haley'll feel bad for Dan. But I doubt there'll be time for him to explain everything before Carrie takes her down.   Carrie is SO freaky. What was up with her breaking into Nathan and Haley's house and taking Jamie's clothes? And the whole "I'm glad you can't talk Chester, because if you could, I'd be having rabbit for dinner. Yummy."

Jamie's "I let you kiss *my* mommy" deserves the "Quote of the episode" award.

I felt so horrible for Brooke! It's obvious that Victoria arranged for the attack -- not for Brooke, for Millicent, but that's still pretty outrageous. Didn't it occur to her that Brooke might still be in the store? And the whole speech about not wanting a child...  I'm glad Brooke stood up to her and left her in the cold. But what about Clothes over Bro's? I can't believe she's willing to give that up to Victoria...

As for the Ravens and the game...that was emotional. Reminded me A LOT of the game Lucas, Nathan and the rest of their team played after Keith's death. Putting Quentin's jersey in the gym was a nice gesture. And how adorable were Jamie and Andre?

As for next week...scary! I came across next week's promo before I saw this week's episode..so when the scene where Haley and Jamie went to Dan's beach house took place, and Haley told Jamie to stay in the car, I was freaked out. I was like "NOOO! DON'T LEAVE JAMIE ALONE IN THE CAR, HALEY!" But yeah. It looks like it's going to be a pretty intense episode. I do hope that'll be the end of the Carrie saga.

Promos:

And once again I say CREEPY!

Okay, I totally forgot to post.

I thought last week's episode was going to be much more intense than it actually was, but that was..something. Finally, no more Carrie! She pretty much became a joke over time, no offense. Her need for Jamie was just way over the top. That last scene freaked me out. Did anybody else have a sort of season 3/school shooting episode deja-vu?

The return of Dan Scott? From looking at the previews, it seems that Nathan and Haley trust Dan now. At least they let Jamie spend alone time with him...

I'm sort of sick of the whole Peyton and who-are-her-parents storyline. It's so obvious it's Mick. Ahhh. I wonder if there's some sort of deep dark secret that's keeping him from becoming close with Peyton.

Peyton and Lucas! Seriously. Get them together already! I heard that there's going to be trouble in that land again, and...I just hope they don't drag it out for too long.

I have a feeling Brooke's going to become closer with Samantha.

Thread