Thread
Printable Version

One Tree Hill Season 5-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 138#138 bala's post

That was the last episode for a while. The next one, 5x13, will air sometime in April.

5x12 - Hundred

I loved loved loved this episode. I don't think there could've been a better 100th episode.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I absolutely loved Dan in this episode. Hopefully, this'll be the end for Carrie. The Nathan and Haley dream that Nathan had was..amazing. The director had me totally fooled there. I was so sure that it was real, until the raindrops came in. I thought it was kind of weird, but rain has always been sort of a big thing in Naley's relationship, so I was like, "Okay, sure." Imagine my disappointment to find out that it was only Nathan's dream. It was a totally swoon able scene though.

I love Lily, her scene with Jamie on the church steps was adorable. "That's what you have to call me. Come on, say it. Aunt Lily."    Karen and Andy! I loved them together in season 2, but it was always sort of Keith and Karen. I'm glad Karen found Andy again after all she's been through.

Carrie. I don't have words for what she did. She's paranoid. Needs to see a psychiatrist. I don't know how she can be so selfish, destroying a family just because she has this crazy notion in her head, thinking that Jamie is her son.   Dan rocks my world right now.

Umm...Lindsey/Lucas/Peyton. Yeah. I don't know how comment on that. I've grown to liking Lindsey and I found it pretty heartbreaking that she realized about Lucas' metaphor at the altar. I loved Skillz's "eyton needs to steal Lucas back" plan. "Maybe Lucas'll say the wrong name like Ross did on Friends."   Arielle, didn't you mention that in one of your posts?

Cannot wait for the next episode!

Reply 143#143 nye87's post

Didn't Jamie say "Grandpa Dan saved me" to Haley though? I hope Dan won't get blamed, but I'm sure everybody'll be against him.

Reply 147#147 bala's post

The comet wasn't just a comet. It represented more than that.

Reply 150#150 bala's post

Thanks.

And about Dan...yeah, I didn't like his "I killed my brother and I sure as hell wouldn't have a problem killing you," line, but, like Jannah said, I think it did the  trick with Carrie. She needs somebody like Dan to scare her off and go away for good.

Reply 153#153 imarielle626's post

The Jake Gyllenhaal line was hilarious, considering that Sophia used to hang out a lot with Jake Gyllenhaal and Austin Nichols a while ago. There were rumors that Sophia was dating one of those guys and Sophia was said something along the lines of  "No, we're all just friends. We go hiking and camping and just have fun."

Reply 156#156 bala's post

That was hilarious! I put it as one of my favorites on YouTube.

Jackson's deal with the cast and crew about swearing is the best. I love how everybody obeys it too. That scene of Mark at the 100th episode party was priceless. And Paul.."hockey words".

CUTEST PICTURE EVER!

This has got to be the cutest picture ever. It's an episode still of 5x13 (there's loads of them, but I didn't want to spoil things for people, but this one doesn't give away too much and it's super cute!)

Reply 169#169 bala's post

Aww. I love how they've established a relationship between Jamie and Dan. I don't know, maybe I'm easily swayed, but I really don't think Dan's the evil character anymore. The old Dan Scott would've kept on fighting or said something hateful to Lucas or Nathan when he walked away. The "good" relationship between Jamie and Dan and the broken one between Dan and everybody else is going to be interesting. Thanks Bala for the video.

Here's another promotional video I came across:

*SPOILER* (highlight to read): The woman that is interviewing Brooke is from some sort of adoption agency or something and is deciding to see if Brooke is fit to be a mother.

Reply 173#173 bala's post

Awww. I love how they held hands at the end.

Reply 177#177 nye87's post

Aww, I'm sorry if I spoiled anything for you already.

Reply 180#180 bala's post

Surprised that Brooke won't get recommended? Not so much. Disappointed? Very. Especially after the speech Brooke gave when the woman was about to leave. I honestly believe that Brooke would make a great mother. Just look at the way she is with Jamie. But of course, the evil b -- witch ( ) named Victoria had to come in  and ruin everything. I do believe that Brooke will become a mother somehow this season. She's the kind of person that, if she sets her sight on something, she will accomplish it.

Nathan and Haley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many exclamation points!! I'm so glad they made up. At least there are some people  in Tree Hill that can be happy, or at least, be on the road to happiness. I loved the compliments they gave each other.

I also like the relationship between Dan and Jamie. The look Jamie had when he said "They won't let me beyond the fence *one hand on fence* " was adorable.  "Hey kid. You see that little boy over there? You mess with him, you mess with me. Go tell that to the other kids."   Like he said, Dan IS protective of his family. But yeah, he did kill Keith, like that guy (Sam?) mentioned. Let's just put it this way: Dan is protective of his family, but he was more protective of himself. I do think that has slightly changed as how he walked away after the fight with Lucas and Nathan. The old Dan would've definitely said something mean or despicable before walking away to save his ego. I guess we'll have to see if he's really changed or not.

I see they decided to keep Michaela McManus around. She was only supposed to be in the 12 pre-strike episodes. But I guess there's more Lindsey/Lucas/Peyton drama ahead. I'm actually looking forward to the editing process. I was somewhat astonished when Lindsey agreed to Lucas' deal. The book and what it is about is what ruined her wedding. It's gonna bring back a lot of sad memories, but the "long nights and heated discussions" are what made Lindsey and Lucas fall in love and it'll be nice to see that, I guess. I hope the writers will include it.

I liked the conversation between Peyton and Max. But seriously, Mark Schwahn on the show...I don't know, I couldn't help but laugh a little when I saw him walk in.

Overall, I liked this episode. It was a little slow, but oh so meaningful and deep. The ending voice overs were ah-mazing.

Promo for next week

Nathan! Basketball! Can't wait!

Reply 186#186 bala's post

Yeah, I know she will. I've seen pictures of it. But that scene was awesome. As usual, thanks Bala.

Reply 188#188 bala's post

How so?

Reply 193#193 angel17halo's post

Yeah, she's coming back in the new few episodes. She shows up for Jamie's 5th birthday party...that's all I heard. But yeah, I can totally see Nathan and Haley asking Deb to be the nanny.

Angel17halo was spot on!   I love that they've got Deb back now. She looks fantastic.

Brooke and her little baby! I'm so excited. It's gonna be funny seeing Brooke have her occasional freak outs, but she'll be a great mother. I do agree with (was it Haley or Peyton?) one the girls who said that Brooke will be devastated once she has to return the baby.   That's not going to be fun.

Haley and Peyton working together on recording an album is just plain awesome. It's good for both of them. It'll get Peyton's record some recognition (considering the fame/success Haley had back in season 2), and music is exactly what Haley needs right now.

Umm...Owen. I was really happy he made Brooke happy. But wow. He couldn't even come and say what he was thinking to Brooke himself? Yes, I know Chase told Brooke the possible reason behind Owen not coming over, but seriously, what kind of boyfriend is he? Plus, it's not like she's going to have this baby for forever.

I cannot say this enough, but Jamie is The. Cutest. Little. Kid. EVER. The smile he had on his face when he first woke up was adorable! And his little rap with Quintin...pure cuteness. Every single scene he is in rocks my world, haha.

I really don't like Quintin right now. What he did to Nathan was harsh. He thinks he's at the top of the basketball world. He seriously needs to set the ego bar a little lower and realize that his nasty attitude isn't going to bring him anywhere.

Funny quotes in this episode:
Brooke: "If I wanted 'a little too late for that', I would've called Peyton. You're supposed to say "No you didn't, you're gonna be fine."
Lucas: "No, you didn't. You're gonna be fine."
Brooke: "It doesn't count now."

Dan: "Now's the time to jump me again." (or something along those lines )

Skillz: "What day is it? What time is it? What the hell did I drink last night?"

Brooke: "Brooke. Oh, I really need to pee."

Last edited by funny-girl101 at 4-22-2008 16:16

Reply 200#200 nye87's post

Yeah, I think the writers should go into somewhat more detail about what happened in those 4 weeks in between the wedding/Jamie's abduction and what we jumped to. I mean, Jamie said "I'm fine, Grandpa Dan saved me." And he did say something to his teachers about Carrie taking him away and wanting to dye his hair black. So, did Dan say something about Carrie or not? They weren't really clear about that.

Reply 204#204 bala's post

That clown "Bucko" is definitely CREEPY.

That balloon trick was..disgusting. Haley's not going to be happy about this....

Thread