Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Mark doesn't actually hate Erica (Dr. Hahn). Doesn't he develop a crush on her in this episode? She isn't interesting in him though.

George and Izzie need to END. This latest episode was another "Why George and Izzie don't belong together" reason that I can add to my list.

I agree with ms.smith that Thatcher's alcoholism is a possible way for Lexie and Meredith to unite. Meredith's main reason for not liking Lexie is that Thatcher left her and her mom for Susan and, unlike with her, become a good father for Molly and Lexie. His alcoholism doesn't change that, but Meredith isn't the only "poor little" Grey anymore.

I found it weird that Meredith called Lexie "Lex". In the previous scene, she told Lexie to get her own friends, get her own life and stop living in hers (Meredith's). But in the next scene, Lexie asks Meredith a question and she's like "Kind of busy here, Lex." It sounded like they were friends/close sisters and that nothing was wrong between them. I just found that kind of weird...

Anyway...Alex and Lexie. Don't really see those two lasting very long.

Next week's episode looks interesting. Derek's possible new love interest will probably get introduced to us. Can't wait to see how that will turn out..

[ Last edited by  funny-girl101 at 11-11-2007 13:21 ]

Reply #4 studiojek's post

Did you see the preview for next week's episode? Meredith and Cristina, at Joe's, looking at Derek and a mystery woman. Meredith says "I think they're on a date."

I usually don't look too much into previews because they're known for misleading people, but I've heard several spoilers about this new love interest for Derek. She's gonna be played by Laura Stamile, btw.

P.S.: Bala, the actress that plays Mia on Californication, is going to be on next week's episode, just wanted to let you know.

[ Last edited by  funny-girl101 at 11-11-2007 13:26 ]

Here's the link to the promo for Thursday's episode: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SsQ_yoytI28

Reply #9 imarielle626's post

Tell me about it. OTH once had this promo that totally fooled everybody. But, I'm believing this "date" thing because there've been tons of talk about this new love interest for Derek, even Patrick Dempsey said in a new interview that he looks forward to this new character addition.

Haha..I seriously cracked up when I saw it was Sydney and Derek. Mark saying that he'll fake a heart attack for Derek was hilarious! See, I thought it was Rose, the scrub nurse...who is the rumored love interest for Derek. I don't know why...but I don't really like her. But then again, I don't like anyone who might be a threat to Meredith and Derek.

Meredith is taking little subtle, little steps in improving her relationship skills. The reaching out and holding Derek's hand was a big step for her.

Wow. Bailey acting like the way she did was...very un-Bailey like. I hated her behavior throughout the episode and Marcus was just annoying. Glad she realized that she's better than that.

Thatcher is such a horrible character. That might sound a little harsh, but really, that's how his character is. I think that what happened in this episode will unite Meredith and Lexie. Yep.

I finally got around to watching this episode and WOW.

The beginning reminded me a lot of a season 2 episode where Cristina was dancing in Burke's apartment with her iPod in her hand. Total deja-vu moment.

This episode also reminded me a lot of the episodes they usually air around the Super Bowl. Very dramatic episodes. Like the code black they had in season 2, and the ferry boat accident in season 3.

Anyways, like Arielle said, you just KNOW that the guy's artery will burst sometime during the episode. It's just a matter of who's in the room.  

I don't usually cry during TV shows, but Grey's managed to get tears out of me this episode. Whenever there was a scene with the two paramedics, Stan and Ray, I teared up. The part where Meredith got Stan's wife, Sarah to the scene was so sad to watch.

About Izzie and Cristina...I think the reason Cristina's acting the way she does to Izzie is because of what happened earlier in the season with Dr. Hahn. Cristina's not one to forgive and forget and what Izzie did (or actually didn't do) when Dr. Hahn made the comment about Cristina's relationships still upsets Cristina. Besides, they were never really close friends to start out with.

Ava/Lexie/Alex. It was going to happen sooner or later. Alex cautioned Lexie about how he's not a nice guy in the beginning. He even told he that he was still hung up about someone else. So, Lexie should've known better and not let herself get involved. Hopefully, she'll be able to get her revenge on him.

As for Bailey, she's having the same problems the Chief had with Adele. Always putting the hospital before family. I really hope her marriage doesn't fall apart though, she's the only one on the show that actually has/had a good personal life.

Reply 2#2 01torres's post

It seems the new episode will be aired on Jan. 10th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbrPvN43mQ

New promos (high in spoilers, obviously)

Promo for 4x12:

Here are also some pictures.

And this picture (from 4x13) (yes, that is Addison in the background):

Click here to see

One word: AWKWARD.

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 4-15-2008 20:29 ]

Reply 1#1 nye87's post

I LOVED this episode. It had this Grey's circa season 2 feel to it. Funny yet dramatic and poignant, in a way. It was hard to watch, though, what with the intestines falling out, the scalp half torn out.....

I, like Mark, do not like the Derek and Rose relationship. I mean, I'm sure she's a nice person and everything, but the way Derek looked at Meredith at the end!!! You can't beat that.

Bailey's baby is SO cute! What happened to Tucker though? Did they get a divorce? Did he get a job or something now that he isn't a stay-at-home dad......?

I really like the George and Lexie friendship. It was thoughtful and nice of her to touch up that "crapartment". I love how she show everything in the hospital as something useful (the fruit bowl... )

I really really like the Chief's advice to Izzie: "You were in a lion's race, just because you didn't win doesn't mean you can't roar." (or something along those lines)

Can't wait for more Grey's!!

Can't wait!!

Looks awesome!

Did you guys see the other promos yet?

The lunch table conversation/scenes are back!

Poor Derek.

Reply 22#22 bala's post

Oh gosh. That is true. But I hope the writers know better this time around. *cough*Gizzie*cough*

But Callie and Hahn would be hilariously awesome

Reply 26#26 bala's post

Hands down, Cristina and Alex. Or Cristina and George.

I loved Callie's asking Cristina and Meredith if they were ever thought of as a couple and Meredith was like "No, because we screw men like whores on tequila," and Cristina's "And we try to marry them or drown ourselves."

Yeah, that relationship was so out of the blue.....even Ellen Pompeo said she thinks the storyline was a "ratings stunt".

Reply 8#8 alexgirl's post

Me too! Totally. The moment I knew that last week's episode had a season 2 feel to it was when the episode ended, I wanted more. I couldn't wait for a new episode. That's how it was when I was watching season 2 - I couldn't stop! But then the end of season 3, I was like "Blah, I really don't care that much anymore." Glad the show's back!

4x13 Discussion Thread (Spoilers if not seen)

[rant]  So yeah, I really needed a place to reflect on last night's episode and that's why this thread was created.

ADDISON!! This episode made me realize how much I've missed Addison on the show. Yes, I've seen Private Practice, but it's just not the same as having Addison around characters you know and love. I love how the minute she shows up, everybody's expecting her to come back.

Poor Bailey. I had a feeling that she and Tucker broke up (what with her bringing in her baby to work and all that). I really hope everything'll get better for her soon.

YA COATED. I understand Izzie's jealousy of George hanging out with his intern friends, but I think she got kind of over-possessive of George, thinking that he's her best friend and vice versa. It was nice of George to tell her that he still looks over his shoulder sometimes to see if she's laughing with him, even if she's not there. The scene at the end of him doing that was cute. I'm glad they brought back the Gizzie friendship and let the relationship die down.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm kind of sick of the Rebecca & Alex storyline. She keeps on showing up out of the blue, and she's not pregnant!?! I'm curious was to what Alex will say once Izzie breaks the news to him.

Meredith and Derek so needs to get back together. Or else I'll make Addison come back from Los Angeles again and kick Meredith's ass like she wanted to. :D Derek obviously still has feelings for Meredith and vice versa.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about the whole Callie and Hahn thing! They did seem very couple-y in the beginning. Meredith and Cristina were never that huggy-huggy and giddy. Callie and Mark again!?    [/rant]

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 5-2-2008 16:23 ]

Oh and here's the promo for next week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Nj9_vTmaQ

Burke!?

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 5-3-2008 09:49 ]

[ Last edited by funny-girl101 at 5-3-2008 09:50 ]

Reply 7#7 studiojek's post

Hmmm, weird. It works fine for me.   I went back and put the code in again -- see if it works now. If not, I put in the url just in case.

Reply 1#1 bala's post

Here's another promo:

Bala, I'd be more than glad to flash tag those for you, but I don't think I'd be much of a help since I can't change it in the original post.

Ahhh, I am *so* loving Grey's now. I really really loved this episode. It was moving, and I seriously teared up at some parts. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for love stories/romances, but I'm enjoying the Meredith/Derek storyline. I do feel it's kind of too dragged out, but hey, at least we've got Shonda's promise that those two'll get together by the end of this season.

Bailey's speech about Mark...ouch. But it's the truth, and the truth can hurt. Bala, what do you mean with "he can't help it if he's shallow"? I mean, it's up to ourselves to decide who we are and who we want to be and we can change ourselves if we're willing to. That's just my 2 cents.

Poor Cristina. Burke should have mentioned her in the article. I mean, she did get him through his most difficult time and to leave her out of this is just very ignorant of him. Seeing Cristina sing was funny though. "Like a virgin...hey!"

Thread