50 123
Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Grey's Anatomy Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I've heard many people say that she show isn't as good as it was during season 2. To me, i still think Grey's is awesome and season 3 is very good. What do you guys think?

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 01:14 ]
Recent Ratings
  • bala Points +4 Excellent topic-well done 7-6-2007 06:13

Like someone said before...i don't like the idea of the spin-off either. I love Addison and i want her to stay at Seattle Grace. Oh well, i guess..

The season 3 finale was sort of shocking. Burke just left!? What about Burktina? ;)

The beginning of season 3 was awesome. It was still like season 1 & 2. Drama and comedy. But then after the whole ferry episode, the show got WAY too dramactic. Nobody was happy during the season finale. ANyways...i hope the fun returns in season 4. Can't wait!
Recent Ratings
  • magic4u Points +6 4 giveing it a go 6-1-2007 13:44

Quote:
Originally posted by ldnk at 5-27-2007 02:04
I think they put way too much emphasis on making all the characters have relationships with each other.  It really just messed everything up by putting the focus entirely on their sexual relationships ...
I agree. Season 1 and 2 were great because, IMO, it showed us the interns' friendship and it had both medical and emotional moments. Now, EVERYBODY hooks up with everybody. Okay...almost everybody. But they've got the fans go "OMG...are they gonna hook up?" everytime a male character approaches a female character. At least, that's what i've seen on many message boards.

Let's see the couples and relationships we've had on the show already:

1) Meredith and Derek
2) Addison and Derek
3) Addison and Mark
4) Callie and Mark
5) Callie and George
6) Olivia and George
7) Izzie and George
8) Izzie and Alex
9) Izzie and Denny
10) Alex and Olivia
11) Cristina and Burke

And now, there's the chance that Lexie (Meredith's other half sister) might hook up with Derek (that bar scene anyone? ) I really hope that won't happen. Because honestly...that would, IMO, turn Grey's into a soap-opera.

With that said...i still love the show though.
Recent Ratings
  • stone Points +10 Excellent, if you need any VIP card , ju 6-15-2007 05:48
  • stone Points +10 Excellent, if you need any VIP card , ju 6-15-2007 05:48

Reply #17 xxkinksxx's post

Quote:
OUt of curiosity how long is it til the next series is finished?
Umm...if you mean when the next season will be...it'll begin in September this year and end in May next year.

Cristina looks stunning in her dress. I was shocked that Burke actually broke it off. I predicted that it'll probably Cristina who would get cold feet and stop the wedding. But Burke!? Nobody would've thought he would be the guy to just give up everything and walk away.

I love George. And don't worry, T.R. is coming back next season - which means that George will be too.
Recent Ratings
  • stone Points +4 Excellent 6-15-2007 05:49

Reply #19 xxkinksxx's post

You're welcome.

Season 4 will probably be aired later in the UK than in the US. But you can always catch it on tv-video.net the day after the episode airs in the US.

I can't wait till the new season either. Meredith and Derek better get together (and stay together) in season 4!

Reply #22 bala's post

*There might be some spoilers for people who haven't seen season 3...you've been warned *

About Izzie cutting Denny's LVAD wire...I agree with you that in real life, she probably wouldn't be allowed to return. But this is Grey's we're talking about...and Katherine Heigl is one of the main characters, so we just KNOW that she would. I don't think that even if Izzie kept the 8.7 million dollars, she would've spend it. She had a really hard time to even deposit the check at the bank...i can't imagine her just quitting her job and just living on those 8.7 millions dollars. I'm glad she later helped pay $300,000 for that girl's surgery and later on spend everything for Denny Duquette's Memorial Free Clinic (LOL...the clinic that got build in 8 days!)

I really really hope these two will last. We all know that they'll end up together, no matter what. Shonda herself has said that she started the series with Meredith/Derek and that she will end the series with Meredith/Derek. I was disappointed with Meredith in the season finale though.

Addison and Mark wasn't a one night stand. Remember, Addison later on told Derek that she and Mark lived together in NYC for 2 months after Derek left for Seattle. Addison was even pregnant with Mark's child! I was proud of Mark though when he ended it with Addison and said that he broke the 60 days promise even though it was Addison who broke it. He FINALLY realized that she didn't want to be with him. I wonder who they're gonna pair him up with next season...

Reply #24 bala's post

Oh come on! Now, you've got me all curious!

Reply #26 bala's post

Haha...i was actually thinking about her too. That's be funny to watch. Lexie and Mark.

I seriously hope that Meredith doesn't get involved with Mark. That'll be the kiss of death for her relationship with Derek.

Reply #9 bala's post

Thanks for the link Bala. Season 4 looks awesome. Can't wait for the 27th!!!

Reply #1 bala's post

The beginning where all the new residents are saying the five rules to their interns and Lexie saying "You said five rules, that was only four," was funny, but also kinda...cheesy, I think. It's like they're trying so hard to make the show funny again. But the Mark line was pretty funny "I wish I can take it back now, but it's out there already."

All in all, it was a good episode. Can't wait for next week's episode. And yay for Meredith and Derek getting back together.

Reply #4 silver1978's post

SPOILERS, HIGHLIGHT IF YOU WANT TO SEE

That is kind of scary. I really hope we get to know Alex better this season. For the past 3 seasons, we didn't even know where he lived at..until he moved in with Meredith and Izzie. I heard they're going to make Lexie and Alex a couple and Rebecca is apparently going to re-appear around episode 4, so that'll cause a love triangle.

Reply #7 gypsiegirl66's post

The "spoiler" part (highlightable part) isn't something that happened in episode 4x01. It's about something that might happen in the upcoming episodes. I read the spoiler on tvguide.com and I've come across people that do not like to have the upcoming episodes/events spoiled for them. So, I thought I should've made it invisible in case there are people on this board that do not like to read spoilers.

Reply #12 studiojek's post

Trying to get that image out of my head. I love both characters, and their friendship would probably be a hilarious one, but more than a friendship between Alex and Cristina? Please no.

Reply #14 themegababe's post

One of the few to like Meredith and Derek? Seriously!? They're referred to as Grey's' "power couple". I think lots of people are Meredith/Derek supporters (myself included )

George and Izzie...I just feel like they should stay best friends. I believe that a guy and a girl can be best friends without having feelings for each other. And of course, the whole George-is-married-to-Callie thing doesn't help either.

Reply #17 angel17halo's post

Yeah, exactly. It was a nice little nod to the pilot episode, but it just felt kind of weird and...awkward when the 4 of them said it. Bailey did a better job.

Reply #1 studiojek's post

I pretty much agree with everything you said. I loved last night's episode. It had the humor and drama a season 2 episode had.

I didn't like Meredith for the way she handles her relationship with Derek. I mean, seriously, she won't even have lunch with him!? But I can't really blame her for not wanting to get to know Lexie.

Izzie and George. I don't like them togehter. Never did, and probably never will. I don't really like George and Callie either, but Izzie and George just aren't a good couple, in my opinion.

I thought last night's episode was awesome! I felt like an old school Grey's episode. Cristina pretending to be sad, Derek giving the Chief and Mark his little speech after the surgery and then saying "I'm sorry I called you guys idiots." the friends confessing their feelings about each other ("You need loser pants." "You need a new hairstyle, the 80s are over, honey. ) The fun IS back, finally.

Alex is better than he was before, he went to apologize to Norman after he yelled at him. But I wanted to smack him during the elevator scene though.

Can't wait for next week's episode -- Callie and Izzie smackdown!

Reply #7 mariam0606's post

The deer storyline was kind of weird. But Izzie is Izzie, I guess.

I heard they are going to have new characters come in soon. A while ago, at the end of season 3, there was talk that they were casting Tiffani Thiessen to play one of Derek's sisters who is a psyciatrist (sp?) and ends up working at SG. Haven't heard anyone about that for a while though. There's also talk about a new love interest for Derek. Plus, Lexie's a new cast member.

I love they're like trying to bring back stuff from season 2 and 3. Last week, really old guy. This week, Camille. It was so obvious that they changed the actress playing Camille though, but oh well.

Izzie - The "I'm a streetfighter" scene was hilarious. But I'm Team Callie on the whole Izzie-George-Callie triangle thing. I don't know...I've never liked Callie that much, but it's obvious that she loves George (more than he loves her, actually) and what Izzie and George did was wrong.

Alex - Izzie and Alex possibility! I'm a fan of those two, but have you seen the promo for next week's episode? Izzie and Alex might not happen...

George - He was hilarious in the beginning. "Have to find Izzie!" I hope this whole Izzie/George/Callie mess gets straightened out soon.

Meredith and Derek - Sigh. Seriously, when Derek told her that he wants to marry Meredith, the look on her face was priceless. I think he does want to marry her and spend his life with her and stuff. But she's obviously NOT ready and the writers are probably making way for the new love interest to come in, I guess. "What if I meet someone along the way who is ready to give me the things I want with you?" It's sad how these two can never be together for good. There's always gotta be something that breaks them up.

Again, I loved this episode. Grey's is getting better and better.

When I saw the preview for this episode last week, I thought this was gonna be a wacky Halloween themed episode. The whole man-cutting-off-his-feet thing and Meredith's dream and Meredith bringing her mother's ashes to the hospital...was kind of freaky. But it turned out to be an awesome episode. Loved the part where Alex was like "Happy Freakin' Halloween."   Oh, and Derek paying off that boy to say "Daddy" to Mark was absolutely hilarious!

Ava/Rebecca (I keep on forgetting which one's her real name and which one is the one Alex gave her): I was actually happy she showed up. It's bound to happen sometime. And Alex's obviously been thinking about her. I think she'll make another appearance again this season. There's just too many questions left.

Derek...I agree with themegababe that the whole "I need a date" thing is weird. He said he'd wait for Meredith. But then again, he also said "What if someone else comes along the way that is ready to do the things I want to do with you?" Meredith needs something to shake her up and realize how much she actually cares about Derek being a part of her life (like the Sydney thing in this episode).

Callie...woah. Announcing to pretty much the whole hospital that Izzie and George had an affair!? That was very...unexpected. I guess she feels like she has nothing to lose now since everybody pretty much knows that there's something wrong between her and Izzie (and Izzie's humiliated her enough with the whole fight thing last week already.)

I agree that Dr. Hahn being the new head of cardio will spice things up. I've never really liked her much, but it'll be interesting to see how she and Cristina (don't) get along.

50 123
Thread