Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 6#6 alexgirl's post

I agree, I just am finding it hard to keep interest in Grey's...though Addy coming back certainly helps! Yay!

I am not a big fan of Rose's, not really because I want Mer and Der together but because she's just sort of boring - though that may have to do with writing, not her character. She's still not a fully developed character.

I don't understand why Callie is being so mean to Christina - I mean, she's living in her home, she could have at least invited Christina to join them for a drink don't you think? Though maybe Callie's trying to hit on Hahn...that'd be an interesting twist!!

My other complaint is how Izzie acted - she was back to her old insecure antics, I thought she was past the Barbie stage and was feeling better about herself?

Oh and my last rhetorical question ( ), isn't staying in hospital on call for 14 days straight ILLEGAL?? Ha haa!

Reply 7#7 studiojek's post

it was their choice

Reply 8#8 bala's post

Yeah but I know there are rules about how many hours a doctor can be on call, mainly because they get over-tired and can't perform their jobs correctly. Rightly so - look at Izzie!!

Reply 9#9 studiojek's post

At least the contest is over and they can go back home

I'm glad that Grey's is back and its on top form. I really liked this episode that there some really hilarious moments for example Lexie was just funny the way she was just stealing stuff from the hospital .
And when Lexie stole Rose's flowers that was just priceless.

Reply 11#11 duckie's post

That was rather funny

Reply 7#7 studiojek's post

Love the idea of Callie hitting on Hahn! That would be a crazy twist!!
And I totally agree with you, Studio. Hello? Callie is living with Cristina in her appartment and is the one that has to go to her room? I was mad... And I am not even a Cristina fan.

On Izzie I thought it was funny! Just because I think she is also still trying to find which area in surgery interests her more. I thought it was great the way she was cheering for the guy to be really sick and having to deal with the patient at the same time. It was funny (but far from "my favorite").

Hey all, I just got to watch this episode now. I agree with so many of your points. Funny-girl, I totally agree that it had a season 2 vibe about it and like many of you, I was finding it a little hard to like GA lately; this new feel to it has certainly made me more interested.

What I don't understand about Derek and Rose, is why does he have to be in another relationship to move on from Meredith? I'm sorry, but it's a sign of someone who has issues with themselves if they can't be alone for more than 5 minutes !!

Rose's character is boring, but that's intentional by the writers. They don't want us to form an attachment to Rose, because then we won't want Derek and Meredith to get back together. So, I think she'll stay pretty much a one dimensional character.

I love Lexie too. She's got a great comedic presence, that isn't really forced, on screen. I think it'll be good for George to have a good friend from the interns. No matter how much he wants to be part of the "resident" clique, he just isn't.

Callie and Hahn eh? That would be an interesting storyline !!! Haha, Mark will feel vindicated if that happens, lol.

[ Last edited by shinny at 4-27-2008 14:10 ]

Reply 14#14 shinny's post

I agree with you on the Derek issue. I think he tries to prove things to himself. Just as we saw in Season 2 with the whole Addison thing, in the end; it became some charade about trying to make Meredith jealous. And you are so right about Rose's character being boring on purpose. I like Derek dating Rose because it puts an end to all of that MerDer drama...its like a breath of fresh air. lol! But like alexgirl said, I do hope that it helps Meredith to be fully committed in a relationship. I hope that it would be with Derek (without the drama), but it wouldn't  be that bad seeing someone new for her as well.

Reply 6#6 alexgirl's post

I agree with you,  The episode was a little bland.  It was also not very believable.  The way they were acting in front of patients and izzie was doing unnecessary tests that would never happen in a real hospital.  I know its a tv show but they could make it a little more authentic. I hope they have better story lines soon.

I also have not gotten used to watching the shows online, so I checked the site right after I watched it live, for this thread, then forgot to come back! haha

My husband really likes season one and two (so far, we're in disc 3).  it has great storylines and there is depth to the show.  This season I was mostly sticking around because I liked the characters and wanted to see what happened with them.  But this episode definitely had that season 1/2 vibe that i love!  It definitely re-sparked my interest in the show.

It was more gory than normal though.  But funny.  I was watching it with a few friends and you kept hearing "oh no here it come here it... oohh sick!" haha  the scalp part was the worst!  Although I kept waiting for more of her hair to come off when she was on the table with Mer and Mark.  haha

I was confused that Lexie and Omalley were living together, but that helped make the show progress almost.  It felt like we missed out on a few weeks, and were just coming back in.  Since there was no talk of the doctor race and all before, etc.  anyways, i don't think i'm making sense. but i totally loved what lexie did with the apartment, in her total klepto style! haha

And I agree.  Hahns a jerkface!  I totally do not like how she treats Christina.  I miss Burke!  But the whole them joking in the apartment thing, that was terrible.  Poor Cristina!  Ok but on that note, about Callie and Hahn, there was a promo that aired after the episode (on tv) the addressed that...    It may have spoilers, but it's basically a Promo for next week....

Grey's Anatomy 4x13 Promo

Check out the promo for this week's grey's anatomy..... I guess there could be spoilers, but this is on after the regular show on abc.  And let me know what you think... I'm pretty intrigued!

Click here for Promo!

Quote:
Originally posted by funny-girl101 at 4-26-2008 00:37  
I LOVED this episode. It had this Grey's circa season 2 feel to it. Funny yet dramatic and poignant, in a way. It was hard to watch, though, what with the intestines falling out, the scalp half torn o ...
Yes! I finally managed to watch it last night and I must say that I too thought it was a lot like back in season two. It was a good episode because it showed everybody and it was good to see them again after such a long time. The case was amazing too- I already knew about the guts but the scalp? Eugh! (in a good way!)
I'm glad it is back and I can't wait for the next one!

Reply 3#3 bala's post

I think Lexie is trying to make friends. It is hard since they are all her sister's friends too so I think she has to try extra hard. And I loved the way she transformed the apartment and the fruit bowl was lovely. Ahem.

Reply 19#19 Teachergirl's post

To me i seen enough drama show when two character are getting close-it always leads to a relationship

Reply 1#1 themegababe's post

i've seen that promo and i can say i can't wait to see addison back at the hospital it should be funny and cool

Can't wait!!

Looks awesome!

Did you guys see the other promos yet?

The lunch table conversation/scenes are back!

Poor Derek.

Reply 3#3 funny-girl101's post

the 3rd one was priceless

George and Lexie? Before that happens I think we'll see Callie and Hahn as a couple! LOL

Excellent, thanks for posting. The last two were hilarious.

Thread