114 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Damages Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Damages Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Please discuss season 1 episodes in this thread.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 04:51 ]

Reply 1#1 Milks26's post

SPOILER NEWS

Seaspn 1 of Damages now on DVD.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 2-3-2008 16:29 ]

Reply 3#3 bala's post

It's the bloody dvd annoucement....I saw the commercial on tv...just like millions of other ppl.

This is not a spolier...do you know what a spoiler is?

Reply 4#4 Milks26's post

no i meant topic title-if we are going discuss season 1some people who haven't seen all episodes. if spoil it than person blame member ruin gregory death.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

Just for you bala!

Season 2 discussion. (spoilers may be included)

'Damages' Season Two: What's On Tap

Last Summer, FX's Glenn Close drama, Damages, unfolded like an addictive thriller novel. The single frustration? We had to settle for just one chapter a week. However, when the season's 13 episodes finally came to an end, the resolution was more than satisfying. But a year later, we're still dying to know what's next. With the show several months away from its season two debut, I went in search of a few spoilers -- Patty Hewes-style. Oh yes, documents were stolen, people's lives put in danger -- to tide ravenous fans over. Here's what I uncovered...

Arthur Frobisher Ain't Dead Yet: Lest you think we've seen the last of Ted Danson, think again. Season one's crooked, rich dude returns -- alive, but not necessarily well. Word is he'll be laid up in a hospital bed, having undergone several surgeries to save his life. Even sadder, his wife and kids will not be at his side.

Ellen Will Be In Therapy: In the season premiere, we'll see a savvier, strong-willed Ellen Parsons, though still struggling with the cataclysmic events of the past. I'm hearing forgiveness versus revenge may be a major theme.

Patty Hasn't Changed Much: Despite the death and destruction she has caused, Patty Hewes will bounce back into business-as-usual before you know it. Determined to get what she wants, as always, I'm told she'll tackle a new case in the season premiere. Still by her side will be her husband Phil (Michael Nouri), Uncle Pete (Tom Aldredge), Tom Shayes (Tate Donovan) and son Michael (Zachary Booth), who I'm hearing may now have his life together.

The New Case: There are rumors of two season-long litigations. One, a class action lawsuit against a major insurance company, and the other, having to do with public health and a company's possible violations. I'm told the Environmental Protection Agency could be involved.

The New Characters: So far, I've caught wind of four major players. Harvey Arsenault -- another possibly crooked, rich dude -- will have a personal and professional relationship with Patty. There is also Daniel Purcell, a troubled husband and father in his late 50s who seems to have gotten himself into a mess of trouble, which leads him to P.H. Either role could be a good fit for actor William Hurt, who will join the show this season, along with Deadwood's Timothy Olyphant whose character will become entangled with Ellen. And finally, there's Claire Maddox, an attractive, tough attorney in her early 40s, who may go head-to-head with one Ms. Hewes...

Your thoughts on the above intel? These developments, combined with Ellen's (and the FBI's) ongoing mission to take Patty Hewes down, could make for an even better second season, if that's possible...

courtesy zap2it.com

Reply 1#1 Milks26's post

We broke the news that Ted Danson will be returning to "Damages" next season weeks ago. Now, Marcia Gay Harden has joined the mix.

courtesy zap2it.com

omg can't wait just loved this show.  Glen Close is unbelievably creepy in this role and i love it

Season 2 begins on January 7th 2009

Reply 4#4 Milks26's post

Thanks it been long time since i saw this-at least something to look forward to in 2009

Reply 5#5 bala's post

Oh yeah! I have to watch the last 2 episodes of season 1 again

Nip Tuck is coming back in January as well.

I just love glen close and in this show she's great.  I'm so glad ted danson is back.  January is going to be a good month for TV

Reply 7#7 reremamore's post

The series follows the turbulent lives of Patty Hewes (Glenn Close), the nation's most revered and reviled high-stakes litigator and her bright, ambitious young protégé Ellen Parsons (Rose Byrne).

After her unprecedented victory over billionaire Arthur Frobisher (Ted Danson), Patty Hewes has the legal world at her feet. Just as she's pondering her next move, Daniel Purcell (William Hurt), a man from Patty's mysterious past, storms back into her life, catapulting Patty into a new legal challenge. What starts as a domestic murder case, escalates into the highest reaches of government as Patty unearths a vast conspiracy.

At the same time, Ellen is on a mission to take down Patty. She's agreed to act as an informant for the FBI, assisting them in their criminal investigation of Patty and the firm. As Patty unravels the mystery surrounding Daniel Purcell, she must also negotiate the perilous minefield both inside and outside her office.

First episode Review

Well the first episode was interesting but rather difficult to follow i mean that's the annoying thing,  prison break is complicated but this show put that show to shame. who is Ellen talking to in the begaining and why did she shoot her gun. i hate time jumps in the show is it just me has Ellen changed in the 6 month she seem more angry and cruel . She's lost her innocence

4. Hey Mr Pibb - 01/28/09

While Patty works to clear Daniel Purcell of any wrongdoing in his wife's murder, Ellen and Tom head down to West Virginia in hopes of gathering vital information in the case against Ultima National Resources

Brilliant episdoe. I love the look Patty gave Purcell at the end of the episode. 'I let you meet your son and this is how you repay me'.

Pure brillance. This season is going to be great.

Episode 5 I Agree, It Wasn't Funny

The more i watch this the more confused i get but i did like the way Ellen deflected Patty suspicions

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Great episode.

Stick with the show CB...it will all be expalined.

The show airs the past, present and future. Just focus on the present and you'll e fine.

This last episode confused me, if Ellen finally confronts Patty then where will the show go from here. Or is this the last season?  Great writing, I love this show.

Reply 13#13 reremamore's post

I believe the show has 2 more signed seasons to go.

I don't think Ellen shot Patty.....the season finale will reveal that Ellen shot at the wall or a lamp or something.

Before that episode aired I thought Ellen found out the guy worked for Forbrisher and that she shot him.

This is such a great show.

Episode 11 London, Of Course

Good episode did Ellen shot Patty or was that just a bloody hand print on her face not enough blood for 2 shots especially with the fire arms training

114 123456
Thread