26 12
Thread
Printable Version

How I Met Your Mother Season 3-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 30#30 bala's post

SPOILER ALERT

The show actually ran 9 years Bala, and I would have preferred if they ended it when Ted & Tracy were waiting for the train under her yellow umbrella.  

There were some things I liked about the finale (Barney meeting his baby daughter), but other things just ticked me off.  This whole season was about the weekend of Robin & Barney's wedding, which we didn't get to see, and then they get divorced?!  Ted meets the mother of his children - an awesome woman (whom I would have liked to get to know better), and they kill her off?!  And then end it with Ted and Robin together anyway?  

Craptastic, is all I have to say.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 32#32 bala's post

LOL!  I watched from first season, and really - the very first episode ended with, "and that kids, is how I met your Aunt Robin.",  which was basically the end of the entire series.  It began and ended at the same spot.  Inane.

Reply 34#34 bala's post

I doubt I will either.  From what I can tell, it's not the same actress playing the mother - which is stupid.  Now that we know how it ends, I don't know that I really care.  

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Maybe she'll turn out to be one of Tracy's friends?  I think they didn't bother because she was a one night stand, and his daughter turned out to be the love of his life.

Reply 38#38 bala's post

Probably.  I saw Cobie Smulders (Robin) on a chat show last night, and she said the ending was planned right from the beginning.  Apparently the writers had shot the seen with the kids when they shot the 1st episode.  That made it seem even worse for me, because they had 9 years of writing to make that ending something that people would like.  They did not have to make the entire final season all about Barney & Robin's wedding, plus, they could have let us get to know Tracy better.  

Reply 40#40 gabsimom's post

Robin and Barney were a MUCH better couple than Robin and Ted.  Killing the mother SUCKED!  She seemed like one of the best characters, and I'd have rather they spent the final season on her & Ted getting to know each other than on the weekend of R&B's wedding, especially if they planned to have them divorce 10 minutes after the freaking wedding (10 TV minutes, that is).  The fact that this was the ending they planned from the start shows they really underestimated the audience's investment into the relationship with the "mother".

26 12
Thread