26 12
Thread
Printable Version

How I Met Your Mother Season 3-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

How I Met Your Mother Season 3-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

There's not been much action in here so I thought I'd start an official thread for season 3.

I just watched "The Platinum Rule" and can't get over some of the goofy stuff these 5 get up to.  Barney and his rules just make me laugh.  He's such an odd, yet charming guy.  Ted taking the entire episode (practically) to fix his hair is one more proof that men can be far more vain than women.

Earlier this season, they celebrated "Slapsgiving", which was totally hilarious.  One of my favourite episodes yet.

So, what are your thoughts about season 3?  Feel free to talk about whichever episode you like.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 19:23 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

3x16 - Sandcastles in the Sand

I was STUNNED at the end of the episode.  That loud noise you heard was me screaming NO!!!    I definitely can't wait until the next episode.

Robin's music video was an absolute riot though and I loved all the guest stars...especially James Van Der Beek.  Too funny!

Reply 6#6 alexgirl's post

I'm curious too.  I just hope they don't take it too far, as it would be WAY out of character for our awesome friend, Barney. lol

Episode 3x17 - The Goat

WOW!  Ted's reaction was NOT what I was expecting.

Barney, on the other hand, didn't really surprise me at all.  I won't say much, but will wait until everyone else has had a chance to see it.

Episode 3x18 - Rebound Bro

Barney was a hoot last night.  His rebound bro, Randy,  was absolutely ridiculous.  The fact that he thought that being "the assistant undersecretary of only OK" was a compliment gives you a clue as to what kind of guy he is.  When his nose started bleeding profusely, his response - that always happens when I get an erection.   Talk about odd!   You'd think he'd have bled out by now.

Anyone else think that Stella may turn out to be Ted's wife?  I'm not sure, but if the show has been picked up for next season (I hope it has - too tired to check right now) then maybe she's just a stepping stone to Ted meeting his wife.  I also found, "Virginity Loss - The Sequel" to be quite an amusing storyline.

Definitely worth watching.

How I Met Your Mother Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

4x01 - Do I Know You?

Am I the only one watching this season?  

Barney was his usual ridiculous self, and I'm glad.  If he and Robin would have actually become a couple I would have had to hurl.  That just wouldn't seem right.

Ted & Stella obviously don't know one another at all, as is evidenced by him feeding her peanuts (which she's deathly allergic to) and him finding out she's never seen his favourite movie - Star Wars...which she watches and doesn't like (what's wrong with her?)

Anyway, that's all I have for now.  Hopefully someone else wil join the conversation sometime this season.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 19:22 ]

Reply 2#2 gyki98's post

That was funny.  I'm glad she came back, especially because that job was ridiculous.

I watched "The Woo Girls" last night.  The subtitles for what their "woos" actually meant had me laughing pretty good.  Sven was also funny - and Barney wanting to work in a building that breathed fire was awesome.

Reply 4#4 gabsimom's post

That WAS funny.  He's a really odd duck - but then his mother was, admittedly, a dirty whore - so I guess he comes by it naturally.

Reply 3#3 bala's post

They are such an odd couple, but I agree, the fact he's trying to learn how to be a good boyfriend was sweet.

Reply 7#7 slade01's post

I don't think you've missed anything.  Barney is always making up weird scenarios that he claims are "well known".  

I got a kick out of Barney & Ted's poems.  And Marshall's video/music montage emails were hilarious.   That poor cat.

5x12: Girls Vs. Suits

I finally got to watch this tonight.  I LOVED the musical number!  I bet bala didn't, but it made me smile, plus I really like Neil Patrick Harris' voice, so that was a bonus.  Fun!

Reply 3#3 sanggye's post

I agree, but I LOVED how he validated his Mom & showed her how much he appreciated all she had done for him - even if some of it was rather misguided.

I just adored that Ben Vereen played James' father.  Great casting, and what a treat to hear them singing, though as much as I love NPH's singing, someone should have tackled Barney and gagged him.

I still kind of hope Barney does find out who his biological father is before the series ends.  I think David Hyde Pierce should play him, because I have always seen a resemblance between them - other than that he is not very tall.

6x08 - Natural History

Barney & Robin running around touching everything was very funny - I was laughing like a fool.

I got my wish!  Barney found out who his father is.  It will be interesting to see who they get to play him, as I'm sure we'll meet him eventually.

"The Captain", played by Kyle McLachlan, was a hoot.  Good episode.

Reply 14#14 sanggye's post

Good one!

Glitter

On behalf of Canadians everywhere, may I say we DO NOT live in a stereotype, but that episode was hysterical!  And Alan Thicke was the icing on the cake.  I laughed my butt off. ? Two beavers ARE better than one. ?

Reply 17#17 sanggye's post

ROFL!

Reply 20#20 sanggye's post

I'm wondering if Zoey has something to do with Ted's "wife".  I'm thinking she either becomes his wife, or she introduces him to his wife.  He could be using a fake name to throw his kids off.

The Captain & that picture of him WAS funny and creepy at the same time.  Kyle McLachlan does a great job of walking that balance beam.

Reply 47#47 sanggye's post

I thought that was Marshall & Lily's wedding...before Marshall shaved his head.  

Reply 60#60 sanggye's post

Yep, you called it.  I was surprised to see it was Barney's wedding (and I missed your other post the 1st time, so had to go back & read it now).  I can't imagine Barney getting married before Ted, though I loved that he bumped into the woman (sorry - name escapes me) that he actually had feelings for again.

Reply 16#16 sanggye's post

They've used the sandwich thing before, but it always makes me chuckle.  As big a dog as Barney can be, I feel for him too.  The playback of the video of Marshall & Ted and the time they were trying to find nachos was hilarious.  See kids, that's what happens when you have "sandwiches".

26 12
Thread