Thread
Printable Version

How I Met Your Mother Season 3-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-14-2014 11:19 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-23-2014 22:27 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-18-2014 07:40 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-1-2014 19:02 ]

Series Finale Review

**SPOILER ALERT**

If you haven't seen this series finale of this show please don't read any further. I always do a proper review on long running show series finale and this one is no exception

How I met your mother isn't like most comedies because the title kind of gives it away , what the ending is going to be,  and while it's been running for a number of years there was always a concern in my mind that if this series got canned we would have no idea who the mother is but I am glad I stick around for past 7 years because one thing you can sure is that there still few surprises left in this series finale.

The one thing i liked about this series has been the friendship that were formed from Ted to Marshall to Lilly to Barney and than Robin. These were like watching show with your best friends seeing the situations all of these characters been through were great and even i was surprised to find out Barney and Robin actually got married but you never expected them to get a divorced. If that wasn't sad enough finding out Ted's wife died, after all that they didn't live happily ever after was actually a good thing it had dose of reality but I think that they pushing it at end with Ted and Robin , not quite happy with that but kids telling him for after aunty robin was amusing.

Now Barney being a father i saw coming but since we have no idea who the mother is i am curious whether she will be spin off how i met your father why else would they kept that out of episode ?. Mind you i am surprised that Barney doesn't have more children out there with the amount of women he has done .

Marshall and Lilly have been the only constant in this series ever since we met them they been together with occasional breaks in their relationship they always seem to find each other by the end . I did notice Lilly and robin did become annoying in the later seasons.  

I was quite satisfied with this series finale except for the ending. That's 7 years i won't get back

Reply 30#30 bala's post

SPOILER ALERT

The show actually ran 9 years Bala, and I would have preferred if they ended it when Ted & Tracy were waiting for the train under her yellow umbrella.  

There were some things I liked about the finale (Barney meeting his baby daughter), but other things just ticked me off.  This whole season was about the weekend of Robin & Barney's wedding, which we didn't get to see, and then they get divorced?!  Ted meets the mother of his children - an awesome woman (whom I would have liked to get to know better), and they kill her off?!  And then end it with Ted and Robin together anyway?  

Craptastic, is all I have to say.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 31#31 waterlilybarb's post

Ok i only been watching this series for 7 years
Quote:
Craptastic, is all I have to say.
That how i felt watching this series ever season finale since season 3 onwards

[ Last edited by bala at 4-1-2014 20:08 ]

Reply 32#32 bala's post

LOL!  I watched from first season, and really - the very first episode ended with, "and that kids, is how I met your Aunt Robin.",  which was basically the end of the entire series.  It began and ended at the same spot.  Inane.

Reply 33#33 waterlilybarb's post

I won't be watching spin-off how i met your father

Reply 34#34 bala's post

I doubt I will either.  From what I can tell, it's not the same actress playing the mother - which is stupid.  Now that we know how it ends, I don't know that I really care.  

Reply 35#35 waterlilybarb's post

I am curious if we ever know who Barney's kid mother is that only thing that annoyed me the most because give this show an ending leaving that bit unknown is stupid if they are not planning to include that in the spin-off.

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Maybe she'll turn out to be one of Tracy's friends?  I think they didn't bother because she was a one night stand, and his daughter turned out to be the love of his life.

Reply 37#37 waterlilybarb's post

A better show would been a spin-off with barney raising his daughter

Reply 38#38 bala's post

Probably.  I saw Cobie Smulders (Robin) on a chat show last night, and she said the ending was planned right from the beginning.  Apparently the writers had shot the seen with the kids when they shot the 1st episode.  That made it seem even worse for me, because they had 9 years of writing to make that ending something that people would like.  They did not have to make the entire final season all about Barney & Robin's wedding, plus, they could have let us get to know Tracy better.  

Thread