Thread
Printable Version

How I Met Your Mother Season 3-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

How I Met Your Mother Season 3-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

There's not been much action in here so I thought I'd start an official thread for season 3.

I just watched "The Platinum Rule" and can't get over some of the goofy stuff these 5 get up to.  Barney and his rules just make me laugh.  He's such an odd, yet charming guy.  Ted taking the entire episode (practically) to fix his hair is one more proof that men can be far more vain than women.

Earlier this season, they celebrated "Slapsgiving", which was totally hilarious.  One of my favourite episodes yet.

So, what are your thoughts about season 3?  Feel free to talk about whichever episode you like.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 19:23 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

I have just recently gotten into this show but i am already in love with it i laugh so hard every episode... to bad about the strike though no new episode every week

Did u see episode 16 of  HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER??? if u didn't a surprise is waiting 4 at the end of the episode( if ur a fan of HIMYM)

I love this show! Barney is legendary! I love him!
Its nice to see the series is getting a lot of attention (even if its because of B. Spears) because it means lots more episodes!

And regarding the ending of episode 16 I can only say: I am dying to see 17 already!

3x16 - Sandcastles in the Sand

I was STUNNED at the end of the episode.  That loud noise you heard was me screaming NO!!!    I definitely can't wait until the next episode.

Robin's music video was an absolute riot though and I loved all the guest stars...especially James Van Der Beek.  Too funny!

lol! But you know I am really really curious how the writers are going to spin this! I think we are about to see a whole new side of one of the main characters.

It is going to be legendary!

Reply 6#6 alexgirl's post

I'm curious too.  I just hope they don't take it too far, as it would be WAY out of character for our awesome friend, Barney. lol

so true! and we love him the way he is!
*just a little bit*

Episode 3x17 - The Goat

WOW!  Ted's reaction was NOT what I was expecting.

Barney, on the other hand, didn't really surprise me at all.  I won't say much, but will wait until everyone else has had a chance to see it.

Episode 3x18 - Rebound Bro

Barney was a hoot last night.  His rebound bro, Randy,  was absolutely ridiculous.  The fact that he thought that being "the assistant undersecretary of only OK" was a compliment gives you a clue as to what kind of guy he is.  When his nose started bleeding profusely, his response - that always happens when I get an erection.   Talk about odd!   You'd think he'd have bled out by now.

Anyone else think that Stella may turn out to be Ted's wife?  I'm not sure, but if the show has been picked up for next season (I hope it has - too tired to check right now) then maybe she's just a stepping stone to Ted meeting his wife.  I also found, "Virginity Loss - The Sequel" to be quite an amusing storyline.

Definitely worth watching.

How I Met Your Mother Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

4x01 - Do I Know You?

Am I the only one watching this season?  

Barney was his usual ridiculous self, and I'm glad.  If he and Robin would have actually become a couple I would have had to hurl.  That just wouldn't seem right.

Ted & Stella obviously don't know one another at all, as is evidenced by him feeding her peanuts (which she's deathly allergic to) and him finding out she's never seen his favourite movie - Star Wars...which she watches and doesn't like (what's wrong with her?)

Anyway, that's all I have for now.  Hopefully someone else wil join the conversation sometime this season.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 19:22 ]

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

i watch it.good season.i loved the robins job in japan.that was funny

Reply 2#2 gyki98's post

That was funny.  I'm glad she came back, especially because that job was ridiculous.

I watched "The Woo Girls" last night.  The subtitles for what their "woos" actually meant had me laughing pretty good.  Sven was also funny - and Barney wanting to work in a building that breathed fire was awesome.

himym season 4 episode 14

first time that i've watched this show. thought it was quite funny but the same as many other sitcoms out there.

racing to the finish
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

See you at the Finish

It was not a bad show and it was nice to see how they all pull together to help each other out.

RACING TO THE FINISH

This was a really good episode, I am not a huge lover of the show but this was a really funny episode

Racing to the finish

HIMYM 4x14

Very funny show. The gang has a "Friends" type of relationship and each has their own character. Nicely done and looks like I have been missing out on some good comedy.
Racing to the finish

"May the road ahead be lit with dreams and tomorrows... which are lit with dreams also. Stand tall, New York. Trustworthy. Recycling. Wear a condom..." bwahahahahhaha! haven't been keeping up on this gem of a show, unfortunately. this episode just goes to show what we're missing. and ABSOLUTELY LOVED british/scottish/singing ("that would be lame...") barney interviewing himself. yay barney!

racing to the finish...
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

the "wear a condom" sign off was the best!!  
this is not one of my favorite shows but i've watched a couple episodes and they make me laugh so it's not so bad.  The canada jokes where good!!  since i'm a canadian living in another country it was funny to see on tv what happens to me a lot.   

racing to the finish

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

This is one of a handful of episodes I have seen of this show and it really does nothing for me.  Oh well

Racing to the finish
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

Thread