38 12
Thread
Printable Version

Pushing Daisies Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Pushing Daisies Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This romantic comedy shows us the strange world of a man, Ned, who can bring dead people back to life through the power of his touch. The people he touches, however, can only stay alive for one minute, and if they don't die again, someone else nearby will die. Ned decides to use his ability to solve crime. He and a local investigator, Emerson, bring murder victims back to life and find out who killed them, to cash in on case-solving rewards. But, when Ned brings an old crush back to life, and decides to let her live, things start to get complicated...

The show is created by Bryan Fuller, who has brought us sci-fi series such as Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me. The series is said to share some aspects of Fuller's previous shows, with quick witted comedy mixed with darker emotions and drama. The main plot about life and death is also akin to Dead Like Me.

Please post your comments/opinion on here.

Taken from tv.com

It's finally here!

This has to be my favorite show. Sorry House, but I'm not feeling any medical drama from last season. Two of my favorite things...together! I'll probably be contributing here weekly if not daily like my other favorite shows. So...if you haven't already seen this, you have to start NOW (please)!

Reply 1#1 bala's post

Bala, when you do a copy-and-paste job, either make it a citation and give a byline, if you know the author's name, or just add at the bottom:

"source: tv.com", for example.

That's a common courtesy, to say the least. The writers are t'd off enough as is...
Life's a party. Crash it.

Reply 1#1 bala's post

my opinion on this show is that i just find it a little too strange i love the concept of him bring dead thing to life but the concept is a bit strange and the occasional bright colours can be too much to take. the narrators is also a bit creepy but after a while you get used to it. bring chuck back i can understand but cost to someone else life is unforgiven. mess up order of things.

I LOVE this show. Very colorful and whimisical! It's definitely the first of its kind on primetime TV, especially that the kids today more know about sci-fi and video games than literature & fairy tales!
I like how Jim Dale, as the narrator, delivers each storyline. I particularly like the ‘Young Ned was 9 years, 10 months, 12 days and 6 minutes old when he... parts and the standard 'The facts were these...'.
Aside from the excellent writing and set design, it doesn't hurt that the cast is made up of real actors - they have theater experience.

Reply 5#5 SirAlain's post

I really enjoy this show and had been waiting anxiously for it to be added. (Thanks to our admins!!!)

I find the whole premise interesting and it certainly keeps my attention. Although the subject matter is somewhat dark, the show manages to offset that with lots of color. We don't see that much on tv anymore!

This is one of the few shows my husband and I watch together and we both agree the narrator really makes the show. It reminds me somewhat of a cross between the Grinch Who Stole Christmas and Get Smart We also get a kick out of the way he does the ages SirAlain.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

i actually find it annoying-first 4 episode i enjoyed it but it get old rather quickly but i suppose everyone is different

Reply 6#6 silver1978's post

That's so sweet, you and the hubby watching together!
I'm sure you're both grateful that you can touch each other?

Lesson: Do not take things for granted!

I wasn*t too sure about this at first- but it grew on me. I like the narrator and it is an original idea for a show- I'll keep an eye on this one.

Season 1 Discussion Thread (possible spoilers!)

Here is where you can share thoughts on any episode in season one, so post away! Also, it may be helpful if you put in the subject what episode you're talking about. Thanks!

Episode 1

I loved this episode. I cannot wait to see the rest of the series but I am going to restrain myself and wait for the quizzes to do so. But I cannot make any promises.   I loved the whole storyline. I feel really bad for Ned because he can neither touch his dog (I absolutely love dogs and could never live without touching mine) nor the "love of his life". The latter sucks more than the former. But maybe he'll find some way to. I'm so excited, I cannot wait to see how the rest of the story plays out! Thanks again!
Recent Ratings
  • redsoxpatriot30 Points +2 For getting hooked on the show! And for 2-5-2008 15:37

I won't give away spoilers, but the 2nd episode is my all-time favorite (of course, there are only 9 episodes so far) mainly because of the quirky plot line. For some reason, the writing has been decreasing, ever so slightly, from the 2nd episode to the 9th episode. The details weren't as detailed in the 8th, as far as I can remember. I also love how, in the first few episodes, that Olive observes no physical contact between Ned and Chuck and Digby. Her hair changes in episode 2! It'll be much "in line" with the rest of the show. Keep watching and I'll have the next quiz up in 2 days!

Reply 2#2 nye87's post

Me too! I nearly watched the second one as soon as I'd finished the first as I enjoyed it a lot but I too decided to wait for the quizzes - that way it'll stop me from trying to watch all 9 in one go!!
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

if i had to be honest i don't like this series but it more of show to watch when nothing better on. it still a good series and intresting after first 4 episode it just get boring Ned touches dead body they tell him who kill him and they they investigate. same thing episode after episode.

Reply 3#3 redsoxpatriot30's post

I'd have to say my fav episode is ep 5 named Girth.  it was the halloween episode with the jockey's.  i just found that one very funny.
I love the way this show is shot.  how the colours are amepted up and the costumes.  when i fist started watching this show i told my boyfriend about this look (which makes it different from other shows) and now that i'm re-watching it, he's totally into watching it to.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 6#6 kwargalla's post

Yeah, I think the reason that I like it is because it's so different from other shows. There are so many TV shows at the moment with a similar 'feel' even if the idea is very different. Not that they're bad, many of them I still like. This one just seems different in every way from shows I have seen before and I think that's what has got me hooked on wanting to see more. So far I have only watched 2 episodes so I can't comment much yet.
Bala has a point though, it does have the potential to become a bit samey if they repeat the same thing episode after episode, am sure they'll throw some different things in there too though to add some interest. Plus there seem to be a couple of over-arching storylines with Ned and Chuck and Olives crush. I'm interested to see where they go with it all.

PS. Just noticed your signature Kwargalla, I like it. "I mock you with my monkey pants!"

[ Last edited by meljones_83 at 2-8-2008 14:30 ]
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply 7#7 meljones_83's post

- always good to find buffy fans - good pick up

yes the premise is repeative but so are most crime solver shows i find.  
csi = lets take it back to the lab, than reveal the murder 2 minutes befor the show ends
psych = sean will make a fool out of himself and gus will skip work and they'll solve the murder b4 the coops
law & order = they've been working with their layout for centries (you could watch this show with a stopwatch).
what i'm saying is most shows have their one thing that they run with over and over but i think it's the other threads and characters they surround that one thing with that makes or breaks a show and mel your right, there is extra stuff to make this show float.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

we just finished ep. 2 - where they show birds paying the price for frogs that ned has brought back to life for longer than a minute - and want to know if they are going to show us what poor plants ned is killing by bringing all the fruit "back to life" for his pies?
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Reply 9#9 Teachergirl's post

Watched the pilot episode, where's the comedy?

Bryan Fuller did a better job with Dead like Me....I used to love that show back in the day

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 2-9-2008 05:11 ]

I just finished watching Pushing Daisies and I'd definitely tune in for a second series...I like all the quirkyness. Episode 1x2 reminded me of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory a little bit with all the cars of the future etc. Angelica Houston should guest star!!! I like the 50s style of Anna Friel's wardrobe, the wardrobe department should go for it in series 2.

38 12
Thread