Thread
Printable Version

Stargate SG-1 Season 1-10 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hmm, what can I say about SG-1 season 1? I think I'm going to go with a very general discussion on my thoughts of it. (Sorry, am really just typing exactly what I'm thinking!)
I am a fan of Stargate - it is what I would probably call 'typical' sci-fi. I love the fact they took the idea from a movie and really developed it into a great long-running series.

Season 1 is by no means the best but it is a very solid start to the show, it does it's job of introducing all the characters, starting to develop them and getting you to understand them and become emotionally attached to them. I think that is down to some great writing and really good actors that seem to have connected with their characters. I can't say that there was anything I hated about season 1 but there are definitely some moments that don't live up to the otherwise high Stargate standard.

My favourite episode is 'There but for the grace of God' because I like shows that explore a different reality and what could have been, sci-fi is one of the few genres that can explore this without it seeming ridiculous! (Plus the fact it's a well written episode!)
I also like the fact that it was left on a cliffhanger at the end of the series. (I probably wouldn't have thought that if I'd watched it when it first aired and had to wait for season 2 though!)

[ Last edited by  meljones_83 at 11-15-2007 00:05 ]
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +3 Bonus! 11-14-2007 16:19
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

I'm not sure what else to add to this discussion!
I agree with gabsimom that it's more interesting because it isn't set in the future and it always makes me wonder what other races might be out there that we haven't discovered, and whether we are capable of producing the technology to go and visit them.
I loved the opening double episode of SG-1 (despite the nudity! I do not object to nudity but it did seem a little odd to me here!), it was definitely one that made me want to keep watching the show - I hadn't actually seen the film until after the TV show so it wasn't that making me watch it.
I think that's all I can add to my original thoughts!

(I'm in the race!)
Recent Ratings
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Thread