Thread
Printable Version

Stargate SG-1 Season 1-10 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

well, we really loved the movie so it was good that the new cast did not "interrupt" the flow of the idea. plus michael shanks is a bit more believable than james spader (really, who would mistake him for an academic! ) and mcgyver is great anywhere (ok, we won't go all selma and patty on you but you've got to admit he's the can-do guy).

what we really love about sg-1, however, is teal'c! strong and silent, strict moral code... ok, we like him a little better with hair but he totally rocks with that bald noggin

our major gripe with the series is the constant need to make sure there are only 3 seconds left that the team can get out through the stargate. really, would the situation be any less tense if they actually had a minute or two leeway?

we're in the race!
Recent Ratings
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Reply #22 luimni's post

oh, it is so on. don't be disrespecting the star treks, man star trek could kick any other sci-fi series's butt with its little toe (alright, with the admitted exception of dsn where they really have to stretch to get the "trek" in). the star trek series can beat anything in any other sci-fi show hands down:

jean luc (tng) is more noble and inspiring than commander adama (bsg)
q's powers (tng) beat peter petrelli's abilities (heroes)
data's deadpan efficiency (tng) beats holly's deadpan efficiency (red dwarf)
spock's powers of deductive reasoning (original star trek) beat mulder's hunches (x-files)
     ok, maybe that one we'll give you but it's close
the campy theme of the original series beats the campy theme of farscape
kirk's overacting (original star trek) beats holographic al's overacting (quantum leap)
the temporal cold war (st enterprise) beats the butterfly effect of journeyman and a time lord's technology (dr. who)
the lostness of voyager beats the lostness of lost in space......

believe us, we could go on this way for a good while. maybe now you understand why ms.smith thinks we all speak chinese! perhaps we do watch a little too much sci-fi

oh, and instead of spin-offs we call them sequels (or prequel in the case of enterprise which supposedly took place before the time frame of the original series). they all exist within the same universe and characters can move from one show to another with their entire past storyline intact (i.e. vulcan's are very long-lived so spock showed up in tng, as did scotty who was caught in a temporal loop and thus hadn't aged since the original series and both worf and o'brien moved from tng to dsn, etc).

alright, alright. we see your eyes have glazed over already but we feel it is our duty to inform and educate you all for when star trek finally gets here!

Thread