Thread
Printable Version

Big Love Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally posted by booley at 11-12-2007 22:37  
Well its not one of my favorite moments but it is shocking in the way that it reveals how Bill views his 2 new wives. In season 2 when Nikki spies margene and Bill having relations we hear Bill refer  ...
I agree, I have to say that I thought this was extremely out of sync with the shows overall theme and Bill's personality. I didn't much like it myself, to be honest.

However, I still really like this show. I used to watch it on one of the channels here, but then they stopped showing it. So now I've caught up on VIP and am eagerly awaiting Season 3 !! Roll on July (ish) !!

Don't you just hate Alby? I'd never have thought that I'd be rooting for Roman !! It's true what they say about it's better the devil you know !!

I also think the whole "4th" wife thing is not dead in the water. Ok so it didn't work out with Ana, but he thought about it. This will definitely come up again in the future.

Quote:
Originally posted by gabsimom
I had to rewatch the pilot for the quiz, and I can see where the show has evolved alot
I agree, I had to re-watch the first episode and I can see why people would just not like it....but, it does evolve and you get to know each of the characters on a more personal basis, which endears you more.

Personally I wouldn't be into polygamy. I'm a monogamous person and it just would bode well with me. Plus, I think it's unfair that only the men get to have multiple wives. ....however....I still love this show !!

[ Last edited by shinny at 1-8-2008 19:10 ]

So I finally caught up to Season 4 and watched the first two episodes.

First things first, what does everyone think of the new starting sequence?? I don't really like it, I miss "God Only Knows"   I know they had to update it but I think they could have kept the original music. Oh well......

I'm really enjoying the new season. Does anyone else feel sorry for Nicky? Her child hood has really messed her up. She's craving more attention and I guess it's hard for a man who has 3 wives to give her what she needs. I wonder will they bring the DA back into it or do you think he's gone out of it now? I kinda liked his character. And Nicky has a 14 year old daughter !!

I can wait for the next episode "Strange Bedfellows" !!

Really good episode. In fairness, what did Bill expect? Something like that was bound to happen. He's got too many pokers in the fire and is neglecting his family. Margie needed someone to lean on and Ben was there for her.

The ending was so sad when Ben said he thought it was a good idea to go away for a while and Bill agreed. Tut tut Bill.

That's awful what Bill did to Don. He's losing sight of what's important. His ego is starting to cloud his judgments!

I felt sorry for Albi in this episode. The only real love he'd found hung himself but I saw it coming not long into the episode. You could see he was struggling with it.

Thread