Thread
Printable Version

Big Love Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I have only watched season one but my main issue with this show is to do with the character of Barbara and how she really feels.
She was the first wife and the legal wife and whatever she says, that must be hard to have your husband taking younger wives and having to share him. Also, the situation surrounding Bill taking his second wife was highly emotional and not really intentional which I think probably made it even more difficult for Barbara. It seems to me that she is unsure about the whole situation and I think she probably worries how this all affects her children and what it will mean for their own relationships in the future.

Also, for the whole family there was the issue of all the secrecy surrounding their situation, which I think probably caused even more strain under the surface. It will be very interesting to see how it will affect them having been 'outed' - I don't think it will make it any easier, I just think it will raise new problems and issues from them than having to hide it all.

There is obviously a lot of love within the family and I think that is why it has not fallen apart - the women must be very strong to be able to cope with the situation and be friends with each other. However, tensions obviously exist beneath the surface.

I think that's all I have to say on it at the moment - it's a very complex issue!
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +2 Bonus! 11-12-2007 14:04
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

I certainly will, although it might take me a while.
I'm behind with so many shows and trying to catch up so that I can take part in all the discussions without seeing any spoilers is proving to be quite difficult!
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Thread