37 12
Thread
Printable Version

Big Love Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

What will happen next?

What do you think Albie is going to do this week? He is really getting scary.

Reply #4 waterlilybarb's post

Thank you, My you look pretty today.

Quote:
Originally posted by miaow at 7-28-2007 02:28
I've never watched this show.  Is it a reality show or is it based on a true story.  Why should I watch it.
This a Drama loosely based on the different religous groups that practice polygamy. If you have ever watched news reports on these groups you learn that alot of the younger boys in these communities are exspelled so that the younger girls can be married off to older men. The main character was one of these boys and still practices his faith in mainstream society. I really love this show it is well written and you find yourself rooting for the family to succeed. Give it a try and come back, let me know what you think.

Reply #2 mcinthesun's post

Thank you, please visit some of the big love discussion threads.

Reply  #13 gymcoach's post
Thank you
Reply  #14 mamaeyeore's post
Thank you, And to answer your question its because we are smarter. Could you imagine the headache of 3 helpless men running around. How much laundry you would have to do. And how often you would have to find stuff in obvious places. Plus they would fight over whos' turn it is to take out the trash. So I saw no thank you.

Reply #4 gypsiegirl66's post

Big Love episode 12 just added. I love A wide variety of shows and don't know what other shows you watch. Tell me what else you like and I can recommend something.

Here are my recomendations based on your current viewing habits: Boston Legal, Jericho, My Name Is Earl, Scrubs, House and Smallville (with your daughter). And Of course I have to recommend Stargate SG-1.

Reply #16 themegababe's post

In the beginning they kind of hit you in the face w/ the sex scenes but it does calm down as the show progresses. I usually ffw a little when it gets to those parts because they are short and not much to them. But those scenes have got my husband watching it with me

Big Love Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss you favorite or most shocking moments on Big Love.

Posts may receive points at my discretion.

[ Last edited by  gabsimom at 11-12-2007 17:19 ]

Reply #2 bala's post

Bill is only legally married to Barb. That is how most polygamist get around the system. In the laws eyes toe other 2 are mistresses.

Reply #5 meljones_83's post

Well said. Please watch season 2 as it dwells entirely in what you just said.

In the last episode of season 2 didn't Bill suddenly start making out with Ana? As if he tried to stay away but just could not? Do you think Barb will really divorce him? and If she does (a twist I thought of) Niki then would want to be the legal wife but what if Ana still needs papers/green card?

I had to rewatch the pilot for the quiz, and I can see where the show has evolved alot. The wives do have moe control than you think. When 1 is mad thaey all are  As far as the money on the night stand, Niki asks for more money han the others and is now in serious debt. Thats why Bill left her the money. The way it was done was for shock.

Reply 19#19 gymcoach's post

Glad your back , And Glad we have a new Big Love Fan.

Big Love Season 3 Discussion **Spoilers**

Wow, what an amazing 1st episode. Niki is still the bad one, lol. Poor Barb and why hasn't anyone caught on to her sudden personality change?
And now we have a lost boy. I was wondering when they were going to bring their story in.
What did you all think.

OMG barbs face at the end of this episode? was she saying what have I done? Has she changed her mind again?

This last episode was amazing. So it looks like Rhonda is going to be a street kid. poor Niki, she is so confused.
Do you think she will cheat on Bill. Why is Bill so blind to the fact Niki is conniving b****?

Wow, so most of the family secrets and worries came out in this episode. Do you think Niki will get back on track or she ready to leave it all?
It is so funny how religious groups try to cover up what ever happen in their prophets time because it is not p.c. today. What does everyone else think about that?

I can't wait for this next episode. Why didn't it update

There is a rumor about that document. I think the writers based it on the document. I am so upset about Joey's fiancee. She was so sweet and to die trying to get back to Joey. According to their beliefs she may not join him in their celestial home in heaven as they were not married yet.

37 12
Thread