Thread
Printable Version

Big Love Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #7 gabsimom's post

Thank you for the quick response! Almost all of them sound like things I would really like (from what I've read or seen). Not sure about Scrubs, I think I've seen that before (and if i did), that style of comedy just doesn't suit me. I'll will be checking  all of them out though. Hey, I'm sure to get hooked an a few,right?..........   

Thanks again!!

Okay so I watched the first episode and a half. I really liked the show but it was way too graphic for me.  Is there anywhere I can see the shows edited?  I guess since it is a hbo show they can show sex scenes like that?

Reply #16 themegababe's post

In the beginning they kind of hit you in the face w/ the sex scenes but it does calm down as the show progresses. I usually ffw a little when it gets to those parts because they are short and not much to them. But those scenes have got my husband watching it with me

it's hard to fwd on this tho.

I watched the entire series online. Superb!
I try to imagine myself with three wives and I'm not certain but I am pretty sure my head would explode.  
In fact I do not like to date more than one woman at a time.

Reply #19 Ace245's post

Yep, my hubby says, he couldn't even imagine taking on the emotion's or the wraith of more than one woman. Plus, he's a real romantic and says, his heart could never belong to anyone but me.

Awwwww, how sweet he is!!

haha yeah i cannot imagine having 3 women to deal with.  sadly it was still a little too much sex for me, so i'm not going to finish the series

Big Love Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss you favorite or most shocking moments on Big Love.

Posts may receive points at my discretion.

[ Last edited by  gabsimom at 11-12-2007 17:19 ]

Reply #1 gabsimom's post

when it was revealed that Bill Henrickson polygamy family living in the town end of first season.,i just felt it was bound to be revealed i can't wait to see what happens when the law gets involved will he go to jail or will he able beat the charge-it's going to be interesting to see what happens with 3 wives. Would his wives stick together will they divorce and make it look like he married one person.

i havn't had time to watch season 2

[ Last edited by  bala at 11-12-2007 19:09 ]
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +2 Bonus! 11-12-2007 11:32

Reply #2 bala's post

Bill is only legally married to Barb. That is how most polygamist get around the system. In the laws eyes toe other 2 are mistresses.

Reply #3 gabsimom's post

is it wrong that i don't find any of them good-looking?

I have only watched season one but my main issue with this show is to do with the character of Barbara and how she really feels.
She was the first wife and the legal wife and whatever she says, that must be hard to have your husband taking younger wives and having to share him. Also, the situation surrounding Bill taking his second wife was highly emotional and not really intentional which I think probably made it even more difficult for Barbara. It seems to me that she is unsure about the whole situation and I think she probably worries how this all affects her children and what it will mean for their own relationships in the future.

Also, for the whole family there was the issue of all the secrecy surrounding their situation, which I think probably caused even more strain under the surface. It will be very interesting to see how it will affect them having been 'outed' - I don't think it will make it any easier, I just think it will raise new problems and issues from them than having to hide it all.

There is obviously a lot of love within the family and I think that is why it has not fallen apart - the women must be very strong to be able to cope with the situation and be friends with each other. However, tensions obviously exist beneath the surface.

I think that's all I have to say on it at the moment - it's a very complex issue!
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +2 Bonus! 11-12-2007 14:04
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply #5 meljones_83's post

Well said. Please watch season 2 as it dwells entirely in what you just said.

I certainly will, although it might take me a while.
I'm behind with so many shows and trying to catch up so that I can take part in all the discussions without seeing any spoilers is proving to be quite difficult!
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply #1 gabsimom's post

Well its not one of my favorite moments but it is shocking in the way that it reveals how Bill views his 2 new wives. In season 2 when Nikki spies margene and Bill having relations we hear Bill refer to Margene as his bad little girl and in the same episode when he is with Nikki he tries some of those same "moves" on her she tells him she doesn't like it and He calls her his good little girl. i found this a little creepy. And thought it was trying to  show whats is generally thought of as  the true and real underlying cause for Polygamy in the first place not just the Henrickson family. men just being PIGS and wanting to justify it even  to the extreme of making it a faith.

[ Last edited by  booley at 11-12-2007 22:38 ]
Recent Ratings
  • gabsimom Points +2 Bonus! 11-13-2007 07:07
prepare for the worse hope for the best

The most   moment of the show for me has to be when the "book" of potential brides is shown, when I first started watching the show I had no idea about a lot of the controversy surrounding the issue of fundamentalist Mormon marriages - I have since done a lot of reading up!!

I think like a lot of people Margene has to be my favorite character :-) there is a naivety about her that lets her get away with much more than she should .... a lot :-)

I just watched the first episode and I have a lot of different feelings about this show.  I think that all of Bill's wives want a family environment more  than a husband and wife relationship.  If it is true love for a woman, no woman would want to share her husband with another woman.  But Bill is taking care of all these women and children and he is good to them.  He has a lot of responsibility in taking care of all of them.  I don't know.  Maybe I am just too old fashion.
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Quote:
Originally posted by booley at 11-12-2007 22:37  
Well its not one of my favorite moments but it is shocking in the way that it reveals how Bill views his 2 new wives. In season 2 when Nikki spies margene and Bill having relations we hear Bill refer  ...
I agree, I have to say that I thought this was extremely out of sync with the shows overall theme and Bill's personality. I didn't much like it myself, to be honest.

However, I still really like this show. I used to watch it on one of the channels here, but then they stopped showing it. So now I've caught up on VIP and am eagerly awaiting Season 3 !! Roll on July (ish) !!

Don't you just hate Alby? I'd never have thought that I'd be rooting for Roman !! It's true what they say about it's better the devil you know !!

I also think the whole "4th" wife thing is not dead in the water. Ok so it didn't work out with Ana, but he thought about it. This will definitely come up again in the future.

In the last episode of season 2 didn't Bill suddenly start making out with Ana? As if he tried to stay away but just could not? Do you think Barb will really divorce him? and If she does (a twist I thought of) Niki then would want to be the legal wife but what if Ana still needs papers/green card?

pilot

just came from the quiz on season 1 ep 1. this show creeps us out. the hundred dollar bill on the nightstand after having sex with the "second wife" sums up how we feel women get treated in this system.
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Thread