38 12
Thread
Printable Version

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 84#84 bala's post

As the only book reader here, I just have to say that the books haven't really gotten into college yet.  The last book was a prequel so it went back to before Serena left and came back from boarding school and I'm pretty sure the one before that was the summer before they start college so if they do another season and go with the college thing it would be new for the books too.  However in the books Nate, Serena and Blair all do get into Yale but it is more complicated than that...you would have to read the books to understand as the story is completely different as are the relationships.

I will do some reseach and see what I can find on a possibility of season 3 and if they will do the college years or not.

i can't find any information on the possibility of another season of GG.  Maybe it's too early, or maybe Bala can find something.  After all that is what you are good at!

Reply 91#91 bala's post

Ugh I'm really mad at Aaron!  He's such a womanizer!  That's not how the character was supposed to be!  And i was just starting to like him with Serena, but if he doesn't change his attitude soon he won't last very long!  I feel like he will change his ways because if his dad is getting serious with eleanor then we will be seeing more of him on the show so yeah

poor Jenny.  I mean she got what she deserved cuz she was acting like a brat, but she really did work hard on those clothes and she is talented.  She just needs to grow up and go about this in a mature way (like finish school first)  She's trying to be all grown up but she is really just acting childish!

Reply 94#94 studiojek's post

ahhh Princess Bride thats what he was in!  thanks for helping me figure that out!  LOVE taht movie!

Reply 98#98 studiojek's post

you're very welcome.  You are the only non moderator who actually participates on this thread so you deserve to be rewarded!  plus i miss giving out points since i no longer do quizzes cuz participation has been on the low side =(

Reply 106#106 bala's post

haha Bala, i don't think that would actually happen! that would be one messed up family! lol

i agree jenny is a spoiled brat right now.  but maybe with this whole emancipation thing she will come to realize that this is wrong and snap out of it.  Either that or she will win emancipation and ruin her life then when she comes crying back to daddy he will..well i dunno what Rufus would do in that situation. I was going to say take her back, but after he tried to send her to jail i'm no so sure of that any more!

Reply 108#108 bala's post

chuck and blair married isn't a dream...it's a nightmare! lol

haha mini blairs and chucks running around...the world would be in danger lol

I am not really liking this whole Jenny-Nate-Vanessa triangle!  They all just keep hurting each other and are being so annoying!  Nate doesn't deserve either of them and the only way to really fix the J-V friendship is for them both to forget about Nate.  He is the key to all their problems (well most of them anyway!).

There was rumor that a character was being killed off this episode.  Obvs that didn't happen, but I wonder if they are going to kill off Bart?  Lily really shouldn't be with him!  You can clearly see her and Rufus are meant to be together.  I wonder what information that PI dude had for Bart that he just had to hear?  We'll probably never know...

Dan and Serena are getting annoying too!  They either need to move on and just be friends, or get back together, this whole "I'm not with you but you can't be with anyone else thing" is just not normal!

Oh and Blair and Chuck just need to get over it and get together! lol

Reply 121#121 shinny's post

Rufus and Lily love child...Dan perhaps? That is so something I could see Josh Schwartz do as wrong as it sounds.  Just look at the family tree from the O.C. they were all practically related lol

speaking of Related...I don't think I've seen Rachel Breckenridge in anything since Related was cancelled.  She definately could pass as a student!  especially since with the exception of taylor momsey she is probably the same age as the rest of the actors   It will be interesting to see which of our gossip boys will take an interest in her.  I'm putting my money on Chuck.  After all he is Chuck Bass.

So looks like the Rufus and Lily love child was right.  Too bad it had to come between them though.  Just when you finally think Rufus and Lily are going to live happily ever after, something comes between them...again.

Poor Blair.

Oh and I loved Cyrus and Eleanor's wedding vows...I have a ring engraved with the same quote.  It's such a beautiful quote from Song of Songs.

Reply 132#132 bala's post

Bala, did you forget that all Chuck wanted before was for Blair to say those three words to him, but she couldn't (or wouldn't) which is why they never worked as a couple in the first place.  Now she finally realized she really does love him and was able to say the words to him and he responded by disappearing.  Yeah he's going through a rough time, but i htink he was a bit harsh on Blair!

Reply 144#144 bala's post

from the scenes for next week, i'm pretty sure that's the secret Blair meant.  Plus this show is kinda predictable so assumptions are usually right (like with the lily/rufus bastard child) speaking of which I am very curious to see how that story line plays out...are they going to find him? how is this going to affect their relationship? how will it affect Dan and Serena?

Great episode!  I so called that the dad was lying and Lily and Rufus's son is not really dead.  They just wanted to stop them from looking more.  I do think however now the son is going to find out and search them out because they wouldn't play up this whole storyline just to disappoint the audience like this.

I really don't like Chuck's uncle!  He's even worse than Chuck is!

Oh and I just don't get why Serena and Dan are making such a big deal about the fact that they share a sibling.  It's not like they are really related or share any DNA so other than the shock of the fact that the kid exists this fact shouldn't affect their relationship. They may share a brother, but they aren't brother and sister so their relationship is not incest!  It just bothers me that they are trying to use that as an excuse.  Josh Schwartz pulled something similar on the O.C. too.

Reply 153#153 bala's post

thanks bala.  That's a different preview than they showed on TV.  I wonder what's in "Chuck Bass Narnia" lol

Reply 156#156 bala's post

I agree this was a fantastic episode!  I really thought the "affair" was going to be fake (and it was) but then we got the twist Oh what will happen now when/if Rachel gets reinstated as a teach? dun dun dunn lol  It is sort of funny though because the actress that plays Rachel isn't that much older than the actor who plays Dan so seeing them together is less weird than Nate and Jenny.  Is that just me?

I'm Back =)

Hey there!  I'm back.  I apologize for my absence these past few months, you know how things get with finals and moving.  My life was just a bit crazy.  But that didn't stop me from keeping up with the gossip!  This season came to a close, but what a good ending it was!
B & C are together...finally!  Really they are such a perfect couple it was only a matter of time!
R & L are together again =) I knew them breaking up wasn't going to last long!
Looks like D has met his brother, though he has no clue.  It will be interesting now that they are going to the same school.
J is the queen bee.  It shall be interesting to see how she handles the position now.  Constance could be a whole new school with J as Queen!
G is back officially and going to be stirring up trouble at NYU.  Can't wait to see the look on B's face when she finds out who her roomie is!
V & N are going to Europe together...will their romance start up again or will they just remain friends?
and as for GG looks like she will be following them all to college so the show isn't over yet!
Am I missing anyone?
Can't wait for next season!
xoxo
Gossip Mod

Can I just say I don't like Georgina still!  I know she is supposed to be changed now and whatever, but she so isn't right for Dan, espeically not after all that she did to him in the past!  I know Dan is supposed to be the guy who can see the good in people, but come on really, it's Georgina!

Now that Georgina overheard the truth about Scott though I have a feeling the old Georgina will be coming back shortly!  I just hope Dan doesn't get hurt in the process!

38 12
Thread