Thread
Printable Version

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 71#71 funny-girl101's post

this show really surprises me i didn't expect like it but i have watch it just to see what blair and chuck do to each other in the episode

Reply 71#71 funny-girl101's post

I'm looking forward to the Serena/Aaron story line too =)  Though I don't like the fact that they are pulling characters from the books but the only thing the same about them is the name.  It just confuses me!  I have to constantly remind myself that the Aaron of the show is not the Aaron of the books sorry its just frustrating since I've been reading the books since I was 13 so those characters are more imbedded in my mind.

We had the discussion of the age difference at dinner the other night.  I completely forgot that nate is only supposed to be 17 or 18 in the show so he really isn't that much older ha

Episode 9

Wow!  What an episode!

I can't believe how much little J has changed!  The old Jenny would never have had the guts to pull something like that!  But I've got to admit, I really do like the way her character is developing!  It makes for a very interesting story line.  I wasn't too fond of the whole punk rock look, but it is really fitting with the new direction her character is taking.  I just hope she doesn't get herself into too much trouble, but she really should have her own line!  Her designs are great and Eleanor was only using her!  She has way to much potential to be wasting away with Eleanor!

So Blair finally got her Yale...and she finally admitted she loves Chuck I'm glad her and Serena are back on good terms though.  They make a good team.

I don't really trust Aaron with all those girls in question, but the whole thing with the ring, the original ring, was really sweet.  I'd be curious to see where that relationship would go, though I would like an explaination for these girls that just keep popping up around him!

Poor Nate!

Reply 74#74 imarielle626's post

Wow the thing that really annoyed me about this episode that teenage girl trying loose her cherry but I'm glad she didn't.

Reply 74#74 imarielle626's post

Ugh, the guy playing Aaron is an AWFUL actor, it's going to be very hard to like him!! I still have a hope of Dan and Serena in the back of my mind!

I wasn't a big fan of the punk clothes either but she definitely has talent and will go places. I wonder where she's going to live though...with her new friend (who by the way was Marisa's little sister on the O.C., in case anyone was wondering how they knew her!).

I can't believe Jenny almost got sent to jail by her own father...!

Reply 76#76 studiojek's post

he was trying to teach her a lesson

Reply 76#76 studiojek's post

i know i can't believe rufus would do that!  there are better ways to punish your daughter than to send her to jail!  glad lily didn't press charges!

Reply 77#77 bala's post

Um, it would've been on her record - and in fact all it did was make her run off. Good thing Lily was there to stop it.

Reply 79#79 studiojek's post

she still ran away regardless

Reply 80#80 bala's post

Yeah, that's what I mean - part of her running away is because Rufus tried to get her arrested!! I mean, it's not like I think he should've just smiled and let her get away with it, but I don't think he handled it very intelligently. He obviously is in need of parenting assistance, since their mom isn't around anymore.

Gossip Girl - Bonfire of the Vanity

Aaron...I don't know how I feel about him. I agree, the whole ring thing was cute. But all the girls!!!

Jenny has...really changed. I came across a picture from the beginning of season 1 and was shocked to see how different the character is now. I'm also not too fond of the clothing, but she definitely has talent.

Emma grossed me out. I can't believe there are girls that so desperate. And for what? "She's always the best at everything, I wanna beat her at something!" I did feel sympathetic to her at the end, but just...

Blair finally got into Yale. What's the deal with Serena? Did she get in too, since the Dean was so after her? I wonder what the show's going to do once this season ends. Are they gonna go ahead with showing the college years? Or are they going to pull an OTH?

Reply 83#83 funny-girl101's post

i doubt they can pull OTH , probably next season in college-the show follow the books right?

Reply 83#83 funny-girl101's post

At the end of the episode I think the final recap was talking about how both Serena and Blair are going to Yale. Dan will get in on the merits of his Chuck story, Chuck and Nate were already shoe-ins. I think they'll just transfer it all over to Yale then. Though, I have no idea what actually happened in the books!

Reply 85#85 studiojek's post

neither do i

Here what i could find

[ Last edited by bala at 11-9-2008 08:35 ]

I'm a little fuzzy on season 1, but I thought they said only a few people were going to get accepted to certain colleges....  Oh well, this is the Upper East Side we're talking about. That would be interesting -- having (possibly) all five of them at Yale.

Reply 84#84 bala's post

As the only book reader here, I just have to say that the books haven't really gotten into college yet.  The last book was a prequel so it went back to before Serena left and came back from boarding school and I'm pretty sure the one before that was the summer before they start college so if they do another season and go with the college thing it would be new for the books too.  However in the books Nate, Serena and Blair all do get into Yale but it is more complicated than that...you would have to read the books to understand as the story is completely different as are the relationships.

I will do some reseach and see what I can find on a possibility of season 3 and if they will do the college years or not.

i can't find any information on the possibility of another season of GG.  Maybe it's too early, or maybe Bala can find something.  After all that is what you are good at!

Reply 89#89 imarielle626's post

Well i doubt it unless they release the information

Gossip Girl 2x10

Well I'm not sure what to say about this episode Blair got outsmarted by an older man-do see them becoming friends eventually . Anyway jenny wow i saw that coming . Dan give chuck dad the story about him .

Thread