Thread
Printable Version

Gossip Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

poor chuck

Gossip Girl 2x04

i got hand it to chuck he really know how to do things-I'm liking this story-line serena is back . as someone who never seen her like this it going to be great

Just caught up on GG. Wow, we're seeing the "bad" side of Serena. She got pushed so far and now her not so nice side is coming out. I'd say we'll see this side of Serena for a while, but then she'll realise that's not who she wants to be.

Chuck really will do anything to get Blair but I wonder how soon he'd tire of her if he did. It's all about wanting what he can't have!

I felt so sorry for Vanessa. She was only trying to help & it back-fired on her. I'm sure it will eventually work out though.

Rufus & Lily. It's like the "grown up" version of Dan & Serena. You could see that he still holds a torch for her, probably always will. And now Lily has realised she settled with Chuck's Dad (oops, forgotten his name)

WOW!  I'm liking the new Serena story line!  (well it's actually the old Serena story line brought back)  I don't know how I feel about the new Serena character, but it does make for interesting tv!  And Chuck and his scheming ways!  I can't believe he actually paid Amanda to pretend to like Dan just to make Serena jealous and overthrow Blair.  Where does he come up with these plans???

Marcus and Catherine...that was a shock!  I guess it's not that hard to believe but was so unexpected!  I hope Nate is goign to be okay though.  He's had such a rough time, I'd like to see his story line play out a little better!

I get the feeling we won't be seeing the last of Rufus and Lily!  Rufus is clearly still in love with her and won't be able to deny that much longer!  Plus Lily is in for one unhappy marriage!!! Why would anyone chose to marry a Bass? lol

This "new" (old, really) Serena is definitely different from the one we're used to. I'm not sure how I feel about it though. I mean, why does she have to compete with Blair? Looking at the promo for next week, it seems like she and Blair are back to being enemies, which is just absurd. I really like their friendship and after all Blair's done for Serena (even if it didn't help too much, it's the gesture that counts I guess ), I can't believe Serena would just turn her back on Blair.

Marcus and Catherine...gross. That is just... Bad, bad, bad image. I hope that's the end to their storylines.

Reply 36#36 funny-girl101's post

Marcus and Catherine-given fact that Marcus isn't with blair i think it will continue but we won't see it

Reply 36#36 funny-girl101's post

I think Josh Schwartz just really likes those incestuous/mother-teen relationships...remember Julie Cooper and Luke from the OC?  I guess dating your daughter's ex and your step son are a little different, but it is disturbing nonetheless!

I'm interested to see where Chuck is going with his scheming. He obviously has a master plan but I guess it may be a while before we discover what it is!
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

I see the beginning of a beautiful friendship between C&D. Perhaps....

this type of episode girl will enjoy since as i guy i don't see the big deal about fashion week. Chuck and Dan becoming friends that going to be interesting. i like this story-line maybe some of dan good charm might rub off on chuck

Reply 41#41 bala's post

Haha, I wasn't too bothered about it being fashion week either. I do love Bryant Park though, so it was nice to see it again !!

Ah, I thought the bonding with Chuck & Dan was great and then it all went pear shaped when Chuck saw the paper.

As for Blair, well she really got what she deserved. Penelope (I think that was her name) was right. A friend should never want to hold you back, they should want you to be the best that you can be. I think Blair is very jealous of Serena.

Reply 42#42 shinny's post

Well dan should kept his notes in his head but i would love for them to become friends that would been a good twist as no-one would saw that coming and i think blair hit the nail on the head with him, there lot thing we learnt about chuck i feel sorry for him and wish he didn't know , can you imagine how he feel about this,  he thought he made a friend than find out he was using him and it's not one of his friend it's actually dan the most honest guy he know and i think he can't believe that dan could do that with him i'm surprised he wasn't impressed and i'm glad dan didn't write the story about chuck but he could write a story of how alone chuck is and what he feels. Jenny dropping out of school,the look on her father face was priceless.

As to friendship this is hard because it's difficult,  of course  you want your friends want each other to be best but we don't want our friends outshine us because it feel like you don't deserve to be their friend because they think they better than you, you want best friend same class of friendship , popularity contest can damage a friendship. when situation become where your friend spend more time other people than you,  you feel like you are being replace. that my view on this. i think that how blair feel about it

in 2 weeks :)

preview

Reply 43#43 bala's post

I don't agree Bala. I really do want my friends to be the best they can be and I love it when good things happen for them. If one of them rings me to tell me about some achievement they had, I'm so happy for them. I'm not thinking, "Oh no, they are going to move on without me" - That's never happened to me and if it ever did, then that person wasn't really a true friend now where they?

I think Blair is very insecure. If she was more secure and confident in herself, when good things happen to Serena, she'd be overjoyed for her.

Reply 45#45 bala's post

Just looked at next weeks episode. Well, I think that proves my point, lol. This is typical behaviour of someone who is jealous of a friend !!

Reply 46#46 shinny's post

we are not going to agree on this i have my views and you have yours

I am so annoyed with Blair and Serena!!! I just hope they concentrate more on Dan and Chuck right now as that chemistry is much more interesting.

Isn't it weird on this show that some characters are just MISSING for entire episodes? LIke, for the first two Lily was missing, then this one Nate and Vanessa. Odd no?

Reply 49#49 studiojek's post

well it due to budgeting reason

Reply 50#50 bala's post

Really? I didn't know that. How much do the actors get paid per episode?

Thread