21 12
Thread
Printable Version

VIP Help!! ~ RealPlayer Troubleshooting Help

Reply 12#12 lucas_cun67's post

Hi lucas, sorry to hear you are having trouble.

If you are leaving the page idle (inactive) for a while, make sure to hit he Refresh button before loading a new show as the speed can sometimes change. If that doesn't work, make sure Realplayer connection speed is set to what your Bandwidth is allowing at that time. To do that, follow these easy steps in Realplayer:

1. In RealPlayer, click the Tools menu, and then select Preferences. The Preferences box opens.
2. In the Category pane, click Connection.
3. Click the Test Connection button, then the Perform Test button to determine your current connection speed.
4. Click the Update button to set your minimum bandwidth preference.
5. Click OK.
6. Try to play the clip again.

Reply 14#14 lucas_cun67's post

Did you see my post above (post 13) ??

Reply 18#18 lucas_cun67's post

Hi Lucas, I'm afraid at this stage it's a process of elimination. The link Magic provided above is a list of things you can go through, one by one, to figure out the issue. Try the things Roca mentioned also. If none of the above works, try reinstalling Realplayer and Firefox. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Reply 24#24 Jakefckfc's post

Jake, no that shouldn't be the case at all. This is an international site, in fact this site originated from China (most of our admin team are based there). I wonder was there some maintenance going on when you tried to access. I just tried to view some shows there and they worked fine for me. Can you try again and let us know how you get on?

Reply 26#26 Jakefckfc's post

Thanks for coming back to let us know. Can I suggest you PM lbjedward and let him know? He's our Administrator and also based in China.

Reply 33#33 ltoledano's post

Hi there, can you elaborate on what you mean? Are you getting an error message? Tks.

Reply 40#40 minkeygirl's post

Just a quick question, are you watching it via Realplayer mode (by clicking the blue R at the bottom right of the screen) or just on the screen that initially opens up? When I watch it in realplayer mode and if it stalls, I generally drag the bar up about 10/15 seconds. This usually "kick starts" it into buffering again. The other thing is that if you have the patience, to let it actually fully load in Realplayer mode before you start watching it (so the bar turns blue all the way to the end which indicates it is fully loaded) Try both of these and let us know how you get on.

Reply 45#45 Tarheel's post

Yes, but that is a choice made by the Realplayer user. You'll need to contact realplayer for support. We cannot assist you.

Hi there, if you are typing in the wrong password you usually get an error telling you that it's incorrect. So I'm not sure why it's just going blank. Have you turned off pop up blockers for this site? It might be opening another window, but won't allow it as you have a popup blocker on.

Reply 51#51 gothceltgirl's post

Hey there, the very fact that it works ok on your laptop suggests to me that it's something incorrectly set on your PC. Did you recheck all the settings on Realplayer after you reinstalled it? Like your connection speed etc? If you hadn't then have a read through this guide => RealPlayer Troubleshooting Guide (Solutions & Tips)

Reply 60#60 adeveny's post

Hey there, what kinda of trouble are you having exactly? Are you getting any error messages?

Reply 66#66 jaxon001's post

Are you PC or Mac user?

Reply 91#91 candyk's post

I had to reinstall version 10.5 because 11 doesn't work for me at all. Once I put 10.5 back on, everything was fine. Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Reply 144#144 Irasema's post

Irasmea, can you provide more details as to what the problem is? Tks.

Reply 164#164 Msqueenbea's post

In Realplayer, go to View and change it to "Theatre Mode"

Reply 166#166 Msqueenbea's post

What mode does it say it's in when you click in View (with the smaller screen)? Does it say Normal?

Reply 174#174 neener's post

Hi, I've already answered that in your first post here => Exchange

Reply 179#179 ltoledano's post

It could be a number of things. Did you have a read through the first post on this thread? There are several things you should probably check first. Let us know how you get on.

Message from lbjedward regarding the EU server => EU server down due to disk fault so please use the US server until further notice. Tks, Shinny

Reply 231#231 spunknini's post

What version of RP are you using?

21 12
Thread