22 12
Thread
Printable Version

VIP Help!! ~ RealPlayer Troubleshooting Help

Reply 22#22 hwst4's post

Check out our Fix the Bugs Member's Challemge. If your problem has not been reported you will receive points for helping keep the site standards up.

p.s. Sorry I'm currently unable to check out the epsiode for you, but another mod will see to it ASAP.
[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 10-8-2008 00:20 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 54#54 weezie's post

Try doing a clean uninstall. I had the same problem before and that took care of it. Here are the instructions:

Quote:
Clean uninstall..... After you uninstall RP, you will see a pop-up after you uninstall RP, that it was unable to remove some of the RP files. If all of the files are not removed it can cause many problems, some very small, some very bothersome. So it's best, to do a "clean uninstall".
To do that, first go to Start> go to Control Panel> go to Add & Remove Programs> scroll to Real player> then uninstall Real Player, close Control Panel.
Go to Start> to My Computer> to C-Drive> to Program Files> to "Real" & (R-click on "Real" and delete the file).
Then while you are still in Program Files double click on Common Files> to "Real" & (R-click on the "Real" file and delete the file). Then reinstall a fresh RP.

Reply 56#56 weezie's post

It does work better for some people. Everyone's system configuration is different and it's just a matter of figuring out what works best for you.

I just realized you said you have a new computer, which most likely means you're running on Vista. For many Vista users Real Alternative works better than RealPlayer. If that's the case, once again make sure to do a clean uninstall before installing Real Alternative. 

Hope that helps.
[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 3-9-2009 22:44 ]

Reply 73#73 mhdouglass's post

Make sure to use the EU server. Also, if you're on a Mac, make sure that Real Player is your default player. If you need to play with some of the settings, do it with a free show. If you post which show & episode you're trying to watch I'll check it to make sure the episode itself isn't having trouble. Thanks.

Reply 75#75 lbjedward's post

Thanks LBJ. I'm sure our Mac users will be happy to have such a simple solution.

Reply 83#83 Noverman's post

Thank you for reporting this. See this thread and you will see the problem has been previously reported, so the techs are aware of it.

Reply 85#85 taryam's post

Have you checked out this thread? It is specific to Mac users since the upgrade. Please let me know if there are any suggsestions there that are helpful to you. Don't bother tying the ones you've already tried - but we had help from some members, so hopefully there will be something useful there for you.

Reply 104#104 Seerr's post

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll update that link. Here is the thread to report problems with episodes.

Reply 112#112 jenflei1's post

The site is temporarily down. Please be patient. The techs are working on it.

Reply 117#117 spoiledbratdee's post

Are you using the suggestions to open your own Real Player once the pop up RP shows up? Which show are you trying to watch? I just tried and had no problem getting a show to load, so it's not the site.

Reply 119#119 spoiledbratdee's post

Then you may need to do a clean uninstall of your Real Player & then reinstall it. The instructions on how to do it are in post number 1 of this thread. It recommends version 10.5, but most (including myself) have not had problems with version 11.

Reply 128#128 spoiledbratdee's post

I don't know if you've checked these, but we have a couple other threads that offer help for Real Player.

RealPlayer Troubleshooting Guide (Solutions & Tips) and
Suggestions That May Help Your Viewing Experience.

Hopefully there will be a suggestion in one of those that will enable you to watch your shows. Please let us know how it goes, and if none of those work, maybe one of members with more tech savvy can help walk you through it.

Reply 141#141 honeycruz's post

Some members find that version 10.5 of Real Player works better for them. I suggest doing a clean uninstall (explained in post #1) and installing the earlier version - the link for it is also in post 1. Let us know if this helps with your viewing issues.

Reply 146#146 zoogma's post

Are you attempting to watch in the original pop up Real Player or your own? Even if the original RP is blank, you should be able to right click on it and select "Play in RP" or "theater mode". By any chance did your RP do an automatic update recently? Some have had problems with that. Any info you could provide will help us give you the best advice.

Reply 156#156 zoogma's post

I haven't tried IE on this computer and am too sick to try at the moment. Are you using XP, Vista or Wondows 7 (I'm assuming you're on a PC)? I had no trouble with IE on XP. If you let them know which operatingsystem you're using, one of the guys may be able to suss it out for you. Sorry, I need to go for now. BTW, you can also try one of the free movies here. That site uses the same RealPlayer we do.

Reply 176#176 ltoledano's post

Please see my reply to your post in the other thread.

Reply 194#194 saskiabax's post

Have you checked out the thread: MAC OS X RealPlayer Troubleshooting Guide (Solutions &Tips)? I'm not a Mac user either, but that thread may prove useful for you.

I just remembered this thread, which might be helpful also.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 1-10-2011 18:19 ]

Reply 196#196 spoiledbratdee's post

You can post queries like this on their own, or in their show forum. As for AI 10x02, it hasn't been added yet. Sorry.

Reply 215#215 Asheyd's post

It could be that the higher traffic on the US server is causing some issues. I'm in Canada - EST - and am currently able to watch on the EU server. Yesterday I was able to get it to connect once, and then I used the US server, but found it loaded slower than usual for me. Today is a holiday in the US & parts of Canada (not sure about other countries), which often means higher traffic on the site. I hope you'll be back watching your shows in no time.

Reply 217#217 Asheyd's post

Glad to hear it. Happy viewing!

22 12
Thread