Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 2961#2961 waterlilybarb's post

My trip to Israel went really well.  We did a lot to help the communities by building gardens, cleaning up trash, serving food in a soup kitchen, did some landscaping, we did one to two little projects a day.  We also got to go to the dedication ceremony of a secure indoor playground that was built for the children of Sderot with the money was helped raise through our fundraising.  That was my favorite part of the trip.  Just being able to see those kids so happy and playing was amazing because they have pretty much grown up in bomb shelters living in fear.

This summer I am working on a research project as a volunteer.  I start working next week so I don't know the exact details of what I'll be doing, but it involves cancer research.  From my understanding we will be helping set up a program in a community of South Florida through which people working in beauty parlors are trained to spread awareness about cervical cancer to their clients.  I'll learn more about what exactly the project is when I go into meet with the lady running it next week.

Hey girlies!

Just checking in.  I just returned from a way too short weekend trip to New York to visit some friends.  It was nice, but like I said too short!

I've been working a lot lately which is why I haven't been around.  Work is good though.  I think I mentioned I'm working at the Clinical Research Center for University of Miami Hospital.  The work the lady I'm working for is mostly in prevention and learning about how different minority communities learn about and deal with cancer so we can set up the best programs to spread cancer awareness and prevention.  I'm doing a lot of work with photoshop making things because my boss discovered my talent.  

Sounds like everyone is doing well =)  I need to go check out the new shows that have been added and find some to watch this summer!

Hey girlies!

So I though things would settle down for me this summer and i would have more free time to spend lazing away online, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  In some exciting news, I just got home from dropping my sister off at college.  Her summer session starts tomorrow.  I still have trouble believing she is old enough to be in college (then again I sometimes still think of myself as being 18 not 20...which is still a bit weird for me!)

From what I can see you all have been discussing resumes.  Well I can't really help out there since I've never properly applied for a job so I've never needed to do a resume other than for school assignments.  Good luck Writemako on your job interviews!

As for everyone else I hope you all are doing well and I will check back in soon =)

Reply 3030#3030 themegababe's post

Yeah, my sister is going to the same school as I.  So far she is loving it!  I can't wait to join her up there in August.

Thread